Post-Game Talk: Duck Tenders

3 Stars

• Total voters

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Kreider is one of if not the best contracts on this team and people want to ship him out to give kids that can't beat out players not even close to his talent level a chance. Great job in making this team worse. Ridiculous

If we could somehow liquidate Mika and Kreider into the assets for a young 1C we would have the cap space and we would basically be golden… with Perrault and Othmann and Berard on the way.
Teams do not trade young 1Cs. Would you trade Perreault for a veteran in his 30s? Nope

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
I shit on his soft goals in the playoffs all the time but Igor has been a better goalie in the playoffs in a more offensive league than Hank, who had way too many stinkers. The stat that Igor hasn't allowed more than 3 in 30 straight playoff games is the epitome of his game in the playoffs. To date he's had one or two games in his entire playoff career where he's been run out of the building. Hank had at least one a series in most series he's played.
Yea… I agree Shesty has been very good in the playoffs. I just don’t remember any “lights out” games like Hank used to have. Hank in game 7s alone was amazing… seems like we won those 1-0 or 2-1 with 60 saves every time.

Yea… I agree Shesty has been very good in the playoffs. I just don’t remember any “lights out” games like Hank used to have. Hank in game 7s alone was amazing… seems like we won those 1-0 or 2-1 with 60 saves every time.
This, snd he had one amazing season (Vezina) but was wildly inconsistent for most of the year last year. He was downright bad for the first half.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

This, snd he had one amazing season (Vezina) but was wildly inconsistent for most of the year last year. He was downright bad for the first half.
Go rewatch the Carolina series. OT, double OT. 47, 57 shots something like that. Only time Hank ever had 50+ saves in a playoff game, they lost. He was 4-6 in games with 40+ saves. Shesty's 3-2 with 40+ saves

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Shesty is a better playoff goalie than Hank was.

Anyone who doesn’t think that he’s stolen them a series wasn’t watching in 2022 when he stole them 2. They housed the Caps last year and I think they were better than Carolina in their series when you look at it on the hole but he stole game 3 and was the better goalie in game 2 when both guys were good.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Hank had to play a lot more of those game 7 games than many goalies because his team didn't score that much but he also tended to shit the bed 1 or 2 times per series.

Hank DID have more lights out games. Igor has yet to have a shutout in the playoffs. I think that's in part just being one of those things that's an Igor weakness and also a product of a higher scoring league.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Over Hank's career the Rangers ranked 29th out of 31 teams in terms of goals per game in the playoffs.

Over Igor's, they rank 10th. 7th if you take away teams with less than 20 GP

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I swear there was one shift in the first period where Mika had 5 touches and he flubbed the play or pass every time. I don't think his linemates were the problem. They were more like the victims.

Dostal got into their heads a bit and our players seemed to be fine tuning and missing on a lot of their shots in the second period particularly. This where Cuylle driving the net helped us a lot. Got to go for the dirty goal instead of the pretty one. Chytil, Kakko, Cuylle were our best line. Chytil's defensive play has been outstanding.
Panarin too fwiw. He’s defending all the way to the goal line. On top of the world class offense. What a great great great signing.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I swear there was one shift in the first period where Mika had 5 touches and he flubbed the play or pass every time. I don't think his linemates were the problem. They were more like the victims.
Maybe it's just as simple as...
vaughn-glasses-crossed-arms.gif

Not sure what to make of this nickname

Don't worry about it. Just take a seat there over in the corner and watch while they take care of business...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad