Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Canadiens beat Canucks /s

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Fair enough, but right now is still not even 10 games. We're not talking about a season here or even half a year. Hot streaks happen, so do cold ones, same goes for full seasons. I'll have to wait a bit more before claiming victory.

I dont think anyone expext Toffoli to continue scoring at this rate or Edmunson to finish +75. But you can already see what they’re gonna bring even beside Goals and Assists is gonna be pretty much what the doctor ordered for this team.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don't think you need to wait that long, Toffoli and Anderson were home runs, Allen and Edmunson are looking good as well.
Toffoli a is a grand slam.
Anderson look great but that contract will be a issue at some point.
Edmondson is great.
Allen is going a good job but I still thing was expensive to acquire... and with the team we currently have we might not have to rely on the goalie every game...

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Mete does not improve the D-Corps. If he can't, he shouldn't beat out anyone that helped get us a 4-1-2 record to start off the season, period.

Bench the garden gnome, please.

No argument here, just saying what I think will happen after tomorrow's game.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
You are a fickle bunch. I so remember the props you guys gave Domi at the beginning. Ah, fair weather fans I see. Hah.

tenor.gif

Reactions: McTusk and ChikN

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Buddy, our 4th line would be THAT much better replacing Byron with Armia is what you're not getting..

To boot Byron's supposed to be soooo amazing on the PK yet has been invisible while Armia is an actual PK monster.

I hope they make the right decision
Sure, our 4th line would be better, but why demote Armia and make our 3rd line weaker. Perry has couple decent moments there but cmoon ppl, get real. Jesus Christ.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ten games is closing in on 20% of the season. Just saying...

For sure, at 20 games, we should know how the division, if nothing else, is truly shaping. as it stands, it looks like a battle between TO and MTl for the division title. I think CAL and WIN will round out the four playoff spots.

Let's wait ten more games and, then, we'll have a pretty good idea how real that is..

Of this season, yes. I was just referring to the new players. It's not 10 or 20 games that's going to establish if Anderson's trade/7 year contract was a good one.
This year is a weird one with us just playing versus 6 teams.

So far so good but this ain't a normal season. Doesn't mean we can't be happy, I'm pretty stoked with how we look and no reason to doubt our chances in reaching the CF.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I dont think anyone expext Toffoli to continue scoring at this rate or Edmunson to finish +75. But you can already see what they’re gonna bring even beside Goals and Assists is gonna be pretty much what the doctor ordered for this team.
Toffoli ya, he's a good two way player. No doubting him. Edmundson I'm not so sure of.

Reactions: Runner77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Sure, our 4th line would be better, but why demote Armia and make our 3rd line weaker. Perry has couple decent moments there but cmoon ppl, get real. Jesus Christ.
Byron is a team leader who’s elite skating makes him a strong penalty killer, and effective 3 on 3 player, who’s speed opens the ice for his teammates.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Why would the Anderson contract be an issue? He’s 26

Because every geniuses on the main board were saying so!! Guys like him are such a rare commodity in this league, i can’t believe people we’re thinking that it was a bad contract!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27 and 417

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Quinn Hughes might be very good going forward but he is awful defensively. NHL level offence with defence below junior level means that he will hurt you more than anything.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Weird that Anderson doesn't get a look on either PP unit. Big man like him with good hands would be a weapon parked right in front of the goalie. Just a thought.

Reactions: Forum93

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I would have rather they given Fleury a try and see how/if there is any improvement from last year. Mete we know. Kulak too. At this time the team can afford to give some rookies a shot.

Fleury is on taxi squad, Mete or Kulak would have to go through waivers to be put on taxi squad in place of Fleury. And there's the pesky thing of the cap....

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
He was a lot better last year when I watched the Canucks play. Could be something to do with losing Tanev as his partner .
Their entire defence is shambolic right now. Edler is old and the likes of Benn and Myers have no business being in the NHL. That leaves Schmidt who is not good enough to carry them and poor Quinn Hughes who has a lot of potential but is being completely exposed right now.

Most of the Canadian teams have bad defence actually. Oilers, Senators, Jets and Canucks will just pad all offensive stats in the division.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Weird that Anderson doesn't get a look on either PP unit. Big man like him with good hands would be a weapon parked right in front of the goalie. Just a thought.

He was on the powerplay before the armia Injury, but Perry took his spot. Perry has been in that spot forever. I'm guessing when Armia comes back and Perry is out Anderson takes the spot back.

Reactions: Belial

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
What are your thoughts about playing Mete/Kulak tomorrow? Roms hasn't been great past couple games and think it would be good for him to sit one.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Their entire defence is shambolic right now. Edler is old and the likes of Benn and Myers have no business being in the NHL. That leaves Schmidt who is not good enough to carry them and poor Quinn Hughes who has a lot of potential but is being completely exposed right now.

Most of the Canadian teams have bad defence actually. Oilers, Senators, Jets and Canucks will just pad all offensive stats in the division.

Tanev was a huge part of that D pairing last year, helped out Hughes a lot

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad