Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It allows you to keep spare, sharp blades ready. When you lose an edge, you can swap the blade without losing the time it takes to take the skate off and re-sharpen.
Asking only because I really don’t know..

Do players typically get skates sharpened during the game?

Like…what’s more likely?

The blade falls off or it needs to be swapped out during a game?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Asking only because I really don’t know..

Do players typically get skates sharpened during the game?

Like…what’s more likely?

The blade falls off or it needs to be swapped out during a game?
At the college level and below I’d say players losing an edge happens once a month, and I’ve never seen a blade fall off.

Blades coming off seems to happen more often in the pros and it always seems to happen after a shot block. The pros also have trainers who sharpen the skates before every game so they are probably less likely to lose an edge as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
5 pages when they win against a divisional rival and 15 when they lose is funny. It's how it goes around here.

When the Bruins are on their game they are a good team. I don't think they are going to win on skill alone but they are going to be heard to beat, which may just be enough to make the playoffs and push

Need more guys to step up, they still haven't showed their best yet but getting closer
Everyone is an expert at pointing out bad. They actually wait for it to happen so they can try to look smart to people they don’t know.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
At the college level and below I’d say players losing an edge happens once a month, and I’ve never seen a blade fall off.

Blades it’s coming off seems to happen more often in the pros and it always seems to happen after a shot block. The pros also have trainers who sharpen the skates before every game so they are probably less likely to lose an edge as well.
I’ve had my skate blade break in half blocking a shot. It happens even in beer league lol.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad