Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Just got home, thanks MBTA:mad: At least the boys pulled out a win. Some very happy (partly blurry) Bruins!!
IMG_5500.jpeg
IMG_5501.jpeg
IMG_5502.jpeg
IMG_5503.jpeg
IMG_5504.jpeg
IMG_5505.jpeg
IMG_5506.jpeg
IMG_5509.jpeg
IMG_5510.jpeg

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Peake steady back there hes an important foundation piece back there. Hope for a healthy season for him . Hes becoming my favorite with his no nonsense clear out from D zone.
I like Peake for no other reason than I can’t remember him making me say oh ffs.

My bar for defenceman, for the record, is very low.

Reactions: khanomcat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A lot to like about this one. Still PLENTY of clean up to their game but it’s progress.

Even Judd Sirott was fully torqued tonight. That’s how you know it was a solid effort

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The thing with Brazeau is (and I don’t know if I can say this about any Bruins forward right now) that he routinely makes 4-6 plays a game that make me say “f*** yeah, look at Brazeau”.

One of the things tonight was as the third period was winding down and the Bruins were in prevent defense, (I can’t remember who it was) a Leafs player was trying to break out the puck in the centre of his own zone… and Brazeau is in there hounding him, making him turn, skate all the way back to behind his own net, where Brazeau continues to impose and take the puck.

Nothing came of it, but it made me go “f*** yeah Brazeau”. Just dogging on the forecheck and not letting the Leafs make an easy play. I love that shit.

I can’t remember the last time I had a moment like that with (for example) Morgan Geekie. Or Freddy. Coyle only sporadically. And yet Brazeau seems to be able to do it every game.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Back from one of their better efforts so far this season. Still a bunch of room for improvement but they played with focus and intensity for long stretches.

Some thoughts
-the Matthews ot giveaway was egregious - loved it

-almost as bad was the Bs prevent defense near the end of the third

-Sway is building his game back to last seasons form

-Marchand had a true Jekyll and Hyde night - ot winner and a beautiful pass to set up the Pasta goal, on the other side of the ledger were a number of major muffed plays including one on an empty net

-Liked seeing young players like Beecher and Poitras playing well and with confidence

-Kastelic has been a major plus so far - like how he plays

-can we PLEASE change up the pp- it baffles me that Monty will change lines and d-pairs at will while trotting out the same predictable and bordering on dysfunctional power play

-and finally-looks like the Monty watch gets put on ice for a while

Night all
Watching the powerplay on Pastrnak's goal for a moment I thought I was watching the Dallas pp. The Bruins moved the puck quickly from man to man not holding on to it too long and kept Toronto off balance. Made me wonder if the Bruins watched the tape of the Dallas game and told the powerplay unit this is how you need to move the puck.
It was refreshing to see.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The thing with Brazeau is (and I don’t know if I can say this about any Bruins forward right now) that he routinely makes 4-6 plays a game that make me say “f*** yeah, look at Brazeau”.

One of the things tonight was as the third period was winding down and the Bruins were in prevent defense, (I can’t remember who it was) a Leafs player was trying to break out the puck in the centre of his own zone… and Brazeau is in there hounding him, making him turn, skate all the way back to behind his own net, where Brazeau continues to impose and take the puck.

Nothing came of it, but it made me go “f*** yeah Brazeau”. Just dogging on the forecheck and not letting the Leafs make an easy play. I love that shit.

I can’t remember the last time I had a moment like that with (for example) Morgan Geekie. Or Freddy. Coyle only sporadically. And yet Brazeau seems to be able to do it every game.

He has great touch with the puck, both shooting and passing. Sometimes I think he looks like a center with how he passes sometimes. They need to keep him the lineup and let him work.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad