Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 3 F/OT

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Mathews is being crucified on the Leafs board for his OT giveaway, pretty funny. I don't care what numbers he puts up he is nowhere near the likes of McDavid, McKinnon and Draisatal when it comes to the best NHL forwards. Pastrnak for all the criticism he receives here is also a player you want before Mathews when the playoffs start.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I like that Lohrei kept his game simple tonight. It indicates to me that the D as a whole are trying to get back to basics.

I know opinions on Brazeau are mixed here, but watching him play I think there’s something special about him. It’s hard to define.

The Pro Shop better be stocking Kastelic jerseys.

Overall the team structure has improved. There was a lot less freelancing and weird behind-the-back passes. They’ve got a ways to go yet, but tonight I feel a little better about this team.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Mathews is being crucified on the Leafs board for his OT giveaway, pretty funny. I don't care what numbers he puts up he is nowhere near the likes of McDavid, McKinnon and Draisatal when it comes to the best NHL forwards. Pastrnak for all the criticism he receives here is also a player you want before Mathews when the playoffs start.
The Leafs don’t get a point without him tonight. You’re right but I still think he is a phenomenal player .

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I like that Lohrei kept his game simple tonight. It indicates to me that the D as a whole are trying to get back to basics.

I know opinions on Brazeau are mixed here, but watching him play I think there’s something special about him. It’s hard to define.

The Pro Shop better be stocking Kastelic jerseys.

Overall the team structure has improved. There was a lot less freelancing and weird behind-the-back passes. They’ve got a ways to go yet, but tonight I feel a little better about this team.
Brazeau is a no nonsense winger who isn't the greatest skater in the world, but has very good hockey sense, an accurate shot, and is really good at picking up rebounds around the net

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Stole this from the Leafs' board. It's rough over there I tell ya, but this was funny:

1000000951.gif

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
Good win boys. Could feel it from the start. Good energy and the building was into it. Like others said, loving Kastelic he got into it early with a big body check. Montys been rolling them at the right time for those energy boosts. No 4th line fluke - this lines legit! Got the Beecher and Koepke speed with Kastalics grit. They keep it simple and compliment each other well. Beecher took some blows tonight and he hung in there. Liked Poitras tonight, and Brazeus been solid for the past 2 games. Also, thought Zacha took his game to another level especially early. Marchy was fighting the puck but he grinded, and Sway played big. Let’s keep it going.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad