Pre-Game Talk: GAME 9 7:14 PM - Time to do some Leaf burning - NESN, NHL Network, CBC, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 1050 CHUM-AM

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I know Marchy took his lumps on a giveaway the other night but watching Berube losing it on Matthews on a half-witted giveaway on Thursday night was pure 100% refined GOLD!
Berube said what I've been saying for years... "Matthews is lazy". Finally getting called out.:laugh:

Toronto has adopted a strong forecheck style taking note of Florida.
Marner is leading the lead in takeaways with 13.(Coyle is our best at 7, go figure)
The only thing is it hasn't looked particularly great as he's asking some guys to do things they've never been asked to do. Yes, Berube even has Matthews on the PK regularly because he's so great defensively, you know, Selke candidate ...lol. Sheeeesh.

It'll be a fun game to watch as both teams are looking to find their mojo.

Bruins for the win 5-3 in a sh!tty sloppy game.

Reactions: BMC

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I would be very surprised if this were true. Historically the AHLers are phased out while NHLers slot in as the preseason goes on.
Not for the last decade or so. They limit the travel of the top players so they tend to mostly play at home. The final game they call AHL guys back up. This is all pretty standard now.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Everyone got to relax if you look at our division everyone basically has the same record give or take a couple points nothing that a few game winning streak couldn't fix this team has quality players they will be fine just because they're not nine in one out of the gate like the past 2 years doesn't mean they're a bad team chemistry needs to be found there's a lot of new players the captain missed all of training camp as well as the goalie and your number one center and poitras as well they need time to catch up the speed and get their game where it needs to be make no mistake this is a legit contender everybody will be on the same page in time fortunately they haven't lost much ground in the division

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Everyone got to relax if you look at our division everyone basically has the same record give or take a couple points nothing that a few game winning streak couldn't fix this team has quality players they will be fine just because they're not nine in one out of the gate like the past 2 years doesn't mean they're a bad team chemistry needs to be found there's a lot of new players the captain missed all of training camp as well as the goalie and your number one center and poitras as well they need time to catch up the speed and get their game where it needs to be make no mistake this is a legit contender everybody will be on the same page in time fortunately they haven't lost much ground in the division
Well if the other teams start rolling could be bad news for the Bruins. The Bruins look completely out of sync and need everyone to start contributing soon or reaching the playoffs will be a difficult task,

Hopefully they can wake up and beat the Leafs tonight. Currently they just do not look like a contending team.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Well if the other teams start rolling could be bad news for the Bruins. The Bruins look completely out of sync and need everyone to start contributing soon or reaching the playoffs will be a difficult task,

Hopefully they can wake up and beat the Leafs tonight. Currently they just do not look like a contending team.
Look no further than the team we're playing tonight they are four and four one point ahead of us also struggling both these teams will figure it out trust me it's 82 game season not 8 when we get to the playoffs how we're playing is what matters these next 74 are to gain playoff position in build our game as well as we can to be prepared for round one

I feel bad for Korpi. He is sitting too much and will get cold.
He will play against Philadelphia Tuesday and then we'll get in one of the weekend games next Saturday and Sunday

I feel bad for Korpi. He is sitting too much and will get cold.
He will play against Philadelphia Tuesday and then we'll get in one of the weekend games next Saturday and Sunday

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I would be very surprised if this were true. Historically the AHLers are phased out while NHLers slot in as the preseason goes on.
Lindholm and Marchand being injured effected things, but Pastrnak played more in the preseason than Nylander or Matthews did in TOR or Barkov, Tkachuk, Reinhart, Bennett or Verhaeghe did in Florida.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Who would you rather be?

Would always rather be us. That said, the Laffs have a chance to get healthy this summer with their overpriced UFAs if they: (1) don’t resign Tavares, and (2) let Marner test the market and maybe sign him for less. Nobody is paying 11M for Marner’s output.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Targets should be on
Geekie and Coyle- 1 point so far.
Zacha -2 points
Marchand and and Poitras- zero goals so far
Let's get going boys!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Would always rather be us. That said, the Laffs have a chance to get healthy this summer with their overpriced UFAs if they: (1) don’t resign Tavares, and (2) let Marner test the market and maybe sign him for less. Nobody is paying 11M for Marner’s output.
Marner would absolutely 100% get $11M on the market if he wanted to.

Reactions: wintersej

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
This might be the game that lights a fire under the Bruins, I hope it is obviously, I believe the team is a lot better than it looks right now. I would also relish the Leafs losing and panic setting in, not the other way around. Ugh...Berube and Matthew cams tonight.

Hoping for a nice big Saturday night win!

View attachment 921759
Love it!

Reactions: caz16

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
IMG_4888.jpeg

Enjoy the game tonight everyone 🎃

Go Bruins! 🧟‍♂️

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Marner would absolutely 100% get $11M on the market if he wanted to.
Jeff Skinner got 3 mil and he's probably the best comp to Marner albeit older. Was the Buffalo deal at the time even equal to 11 mil today? He did score 40 on it.

Could he get it from Utah sure. Is a good team like Vegas or Dallas moving some salary around to pay Marner 11 mil of course not.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Jeff Skinner got 3 mil and he's probably the best comp to Marner albeit older. Was the Buffalo deal at the time even equal to 11 mil today? He did score 40 on it.

Could he get it from Utah sure. Is a good team like Vegas or Dallas moving some salary around to pay Marner 11 mil of course not.
What? Skinner as a comp? Come on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad