GDT: Game #9 | "300" | Habs @ Oilers | 27.10.13 | 7:30pm | SNW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
When Arco played with better linemates, he had 2 points. Intresting its all Arcos fault.

What are you seeing that I am not? I see offensive plays start. Then Arco gets the puck and the offensive play ends. Am I missing something?

If Yakupov wants to get going he should stop involving Arco in the play imo.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
What are you seeing that I am not? I see offensive plays start. Then Arco gets the puck and the offensive play ends. Am I missing something?

If Yakupov wants to get going he should stop involving Arco in the play imo.

Yep poor Yak, always gets the short end of the stick. Always someone elses fault.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
When Arco played with better linemates, he had 2 points. Intresting its all Arcos fault.

Anybody can put up points with Hall, even Acton could. The bottom line is that Arco is the weak link on every line that he's been on. He's absolutely bringing down the Purcell-Yak duo.

Everybody seems to hate Acton but Arco is pretty much the same player at this level. A player that doesn't hurt the team but doesn't really do much to help the team either. Both are solid PKers and play hard and that's the extent of their contribution.

I would be fine with Arco as a depth forward but as the full time #2/#3 scoring center, he's simply not good enough.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Great GDT- really impressive amount of work and ingenuity.

Unfortunately, my guess is that the Oilers will not work. Nor will they be ingenious during the game against the leaders from the East.

Well, at least Yakupov will have a front row seat on the bench as Galchenyuk breaches the 10 minute ice time mark.

dilep.jpg

Le Sigh. Screw you Eakins. #FreeYakupov

considering the shifts and ice time Yak has been getting, I can't believe people like you are still whinging about it.

Oilers have 4 decent lines, including a 4th line that deserves every second they get. everyone has to earn their ice time now.

Yak is averaging 13 minutes a game so far. I'm sure he will get more as he earns it.
you guys keep talking like he's only getting 3.

Boondockjock

Feb 8, 2013
Predicting another close one tonight.

3-2 Oil - the streak continues!

Oil:
Drai (Happy Birthday!)
Nuge (Goal streak continues!!)
Hall (Beast mode continues)

Habs:
Subban
Pacioretty

:yo:

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
What is your deal with the Yak hatred, seriously?

You also didn't tell me what you are seeing that I am not

Im seeing Arco not even on the PP with Yak, yet 5x4 hes getting nothing done. I suppose thats still Arcos fault.

Your blaming Arco for Yak's lack of production. Im blaming Yak himself. Im just kinda sick of all the excuses of Yaks lack of production. Even though hes looking better out there, its still a cause for concern.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Jordan Eberle is an established, 24 year old, 0.80 ppg player. It's cool if you don't like his 2-way play but he doesn't get carried by Taylor Hall.

His success pretty obviously lives and dies with Hall

Regardless, I was just disagreeing with the poster who said Arco gets carried by Eberle and Hall, I'm pretty sure Arco, when on that line, is carried by Hall regardless of whether Eberle is there or not

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Im seeing Arco not even on the PP with Yak, yet 5x4 hes getting nothing done. I suppose thats still Arcos fault.

Your blaming Arco for Yak's lack of production. Im blaming Yak himself. Im just kinda sick of all the excuses of Yaks lack of production. Even though hes looking better out there, its still a cause for concern.

I am just giving my opinion of what I am seeing. Sure Yak should be accomplishing more on his own given his draft status. I think the best way to do that is to not try to involve Arco in the play in the offensive end. Every time I see Arco with the puck, he gets knocked off it very easily, or gives it away. Arco looks to be the weak link on his line.

On the PP, I agree. Yak should be doing more

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I am just giving my opinion of what I am seeing. Sure Yak should be accomplishing more on his own given his draft status. I think the best way to do that is to not try to involve Arco in the play in the offensive end. Every time I see Arco with the puck, he gets knocked off it very easily, or gives it away. Arco looks to be the weak link on his line.

Fair enough.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
considering the shifts and ice time Yak has been getting, I can't believe people like you are still whinging about it.

Oilers have 4 decent lines, including a 4th line that deserves every second they get. everyone has to earn their ice time now.

Yak is averaging 13 minutes a game so far. I'm sure he will get more as he earns it.
you guys keep talking like he's only getting 3.

it is ridiculous how much they cover for him , why is it always someone else's fault that our #1 overall player isn't meeting expectations ?

I dont hate him but seriously its time to put up or shut up

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

it pains me to say it , but yak looks like a even more lost Hemsky on the PP

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

Regardless, I was just disagreeing with the poster who said Arco gets carried by Eberle and Hall, I'm pretty sure Arco, when on that line, is carried by Hall regardless of whether Eberle is there or not

as far as I'm concerned , Hall carries everyone that plays with him , his back must be hurting

anyways , off to bet all my cash on the oil :)

loller12

Mar 29, 2010
The Habs are good but they aren't on the same level as LA, SJ, STL, Dal, and ANA where i consider those 5 teams impossible for the Oilers to beat. This game is very winnable for the oilers If Scrivens plays good and we limit the habs chances to the outside.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Please explain how Eberle scored his highest points total in a season where Hall missed over 20 games? Now don't get me wrong I think Hall makes everyone better but to say that Eb's success is all off Hall would be wrong.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Obligatory Positive Game day Post

5-2 Oilers

(Draisaitl x2, Hall x2, Yakupov)
(Pacioretty x2)

I know alot of Canadien fans so this one would be sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events