GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Let's be honest about Oleksiask.

There's the Oleksiak who was partnered with Cole who made us think JR had stolen another castoff.

Then, there's the Oleksiask who has played with other Penguins defenseman and looked like the defenseman that Dallas cast off.

I'm not sure we have a defenseman who, as a partner, would allow Oleksiask to play to his strengths outside of Dumoulin.

BTW, I don't care what the numbers say . . . Maatta isn't worth it, and his speed is an albatross.

EDIT: I know Letang's issues seem to keep the spotlight off Schultz, but is it okay to note what a disappointment Schultz has been given that 5.5M per contract?
Shultz haven’t been disappointing to me with little struggles of injuries and no consistent partner.
I have no problem with him. He been ok great although not a lot offense production for point but he great defensively . I like his breakouts and passing among other things. How he sustain pressure of offense on ice with Crosby and Malkin. Most of lines anyway.
I rather Sullivan goes back to Dumoulin-Shultz on top lines and have Letang minutes reduced at bottom lines while Dumoulin-Shultz get more shifts with Crosby’s line and Malkin’s line. He did it before it worked like in Vs Flyers game recently definitely in some other games.
I don’t like Letang with Malkin or Crosby.
Also I don’t have a problem with Määttä and Shultz. Big fan of Määttä and Shultz. I have no problem with Määttä skating either because I have seen how his legs is that make him seem slow.They had some little rough games here and there .

Penguins best good defense man has been Määttä, Shultz and Dumoulin in that order.
I would take Määttä and Shultz dam there Dumoulin over over Letang. I like Letang and Hunwick to be gone with new one or two new reliable defenseman

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I would laugh at Phil at this point...but its not funny.

Sit the guy and let him rest up. No idea what Sully is thinking. f*** that streak.

Reactions: KIRK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Goes without saying..

Still think our two teams are much better than the rest of the bunch.

Of course anything can happen.

The Caps underlying metrics suck this year. They're lucky to even be in the position they're in.

I don't fear them really except in that they're beyond overdue to beat us and sometimes that's how these things work.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I would laugh at Phil at this point...but its not funny.

Sit the guy and let him rest up. No idea what Sully is thinking. **** that streak.

Malkin may be fighting the puck some, but its clear that Phil is the Caps best defender against Geno tonight.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Letang with another one-timer killing pass into Malkin’s skate. His second worst attribute after his shot accuracy.

Reactions: KIRK

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yea. It’s just one of those nights. I dunno that we’ll get one. f***ing frustrating game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad