GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I would take HGH over watching Phil drop Geno down 3 levels.

They're struggles were different.

You know this. When Geno is struggling, he tries to do too much. Putting him with Phil, who's doing nothing to help, is exacerbating both the tendency AND its downside.

EDIT: I still think Geno will dial it up for the playoffs, but get him the **** away from Phil.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I’d add, pressuring the puck, backchecking by forwards, trying to force more TOs....

Remember how much better we played in front of Murray the last few years? He didnt face alot high quality shots like Fleury seemed to always face when in there. Also didnt give up many rebounds either so that helped.

Seems like we are back to playing like we did with MAF in net. And Murray is also giving up rebounds like MAF.

Again, regular season play tho. Have to think that will be different come playoffs. Not saying they arent trying right now, but with all of these injuries piling up around the league, guys arent going to be sacrificing their bodies right now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Not liking Mur's rebound control. Kicking pucks right back out.

That has been his game quite often this year. Dunno why since the past two years smothering pucks was one of his biggest assets.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What the flying **** is Schultz doing there, @ColePens? He went all the way to the boards to cover a guy Hags was moving to cover, leaving Maatta alone 1 on 2 in front of the net.

Can we officially say Schultz has been as much a disappointment of any of the top 4 defensemen when you consider the cap hit?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We are terrible at getting pucks thru the NZ....I think I say this every 5 min....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Be nice if they actually looked where they are trying to pass to instead of staring down at the puck and have it broken up

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Did Phil just defend Geno on the breakout there? Holy ****. Phil is dog****.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Caps playing the right way. Look more like a playoff team. Ive been seeing this alot with them.

They finally learned thats what the regular season is for.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We look like we zero ability to threaten to score....

Come on PP....score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad