Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Monty has no answers because there are no answers. There's a lack of high end scoring talent on this team and the Providence skill guys just aren't good enough either. As much as I love Marchand, he's no longer a legit top 6 forward. Zacha and Coyle never have been.

This is the price you pay after years of deadline trades.
Bold part, I disagree.....respectfully.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Watching Unobstructed Views with McQuaid, Tuuka, Bergy, and Raycroft

McQuaid when goes down 3-1 looks like he just found out the killer is somewhere in the house and no internet or lights

you get a chance watch the first 10 minutes of period 2

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yea I agree they are due to regress after a stellar 15 yr + run.That said though how the heck does Monty really know what can work when he switches things in blink of an eye.He will not give it a chance to percolate.Sheer panic.
Because he's coaching for his job and he's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit with that forward group. He's got 3 maybe 4 (if you include Marchand) legit top 6 forwards to fill 6 spots. He's on his last year of his contract, and they've come out of the gate slow. Him sitting on his hands and saying "lets give it a couple weeks" isn't going to cut it with the front office or with the fans when the performances have been as poor as they have been.

Now to your point, you DO have to give lines time to gel and constant shuffling isn't helping. But he obviously feels that he needs to do SOMETHING to find a spark..

Last edited:

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I agree with this - it was quite obvious by the end of camp and has only been confirmed since - but the question is why? Inexcusable for modern, highly paid and trained athletes to come back to work out of shape. Marchand has a clear pass due to surgery, the rest do not, and it applies to every single one of the other senior guys with the possible exception of Hampus. It isn't the first time Pasta in particular has returned from a break in poor condition either.

I suppose we won't get an answer and what's done is done. The problem now as you allude to is the issue compounds and it's very hard to play catch up in a tough and competitive league. There is a path forwards but we haven't seen anything more than baby steps towards it yet, and little evidence that Monty can lead them down the right road. Which is not so much to blame the coach for where things are at as to wonder whether he has the right abilities to fix them.

It's still early, granted, but the warning signs are clear and the going is harder than it has been for a long time in Boston. Do these guys really want to knuckle down and grind their way out? How much are they willing to give? We will find out.
Marchand was hurt; Swayman was holding out; and Elias "Linholm" missed a lot camp.

Plus, Monty underplayed the top players in the pre-season games, so they didn't have a chance to gel.

Coyle had a career year last year, and it isn't happening for him this year. Same with Freddy..

Dallas may have the best forward depth, 1-9 in the league. Their third line, whichever one it is, is as good as their second line, whichever one it is.

If they lose the next two games, Monty is gone. Don't know if he deserves it, but it may be his time. Cassidy is a great coach, but he outlived his shelf life here, and it was his time.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Marchand was hurt; Swayman was holding out; and Elias "Linholm" missed a lot camp.

Plus, Monty underplayed the top players in the pre-season games, so they didn't have a chance to gel.

Coyle had a career year last year, and it isn't happening for him this year. Same with Freddy..

Dallas may have the best forward depth, 1-9 in the league. Their third line, whichever one it is, is as good as their second line, whichever one it is.

If they lose the next two games, Monty is gone. Don't know if he deserves it, but it may be his time. Cassidy is a great coach, but he outlived his shelf life here, and it was his time.
He didn’t underplay the top players in the preseason. They got what starters got across the league.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think Marchand still has top tier edge work, and can still dig the pucks out of corners effectively. My issue is his decision making when he does so. He's just completely off.

Ideally the Bruins would be able to play Brad in a 3rd line role and on special teams. It seems that is where his game is now, and he could still be effective for a long time in that role I think. Expecting him to carry the team offensively appears to be beyond him these days.

Notice how the blues got better all of a sudden on the back end? I wonder why? Hint hint 2011 here for us. Wish he was with our team in some capacity . Brilliant defensive wizard.

Don, are we going to start wearing the Clode-colored glasses now? Yes, Cup, but thereafter, meh. And I remember well the bitching about him around here. I have to say he also iced a boring-ass style which I did not often enjoy watching. I don't know, maybe that is preferable to the dumpster fire we currently have going on.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Ideally the Bruins would be able to play Brad in a 3rd line role and on special teams. It seems that is where his game is now, and he could still be effective for a long time in that role I think. Expecting him to carry the team offensively appears to be beyond him these days.

Don, are we going to start wearing the Clode-colored glasses now? Yes, Cup, but thereafter, meh. And I remember well the bitching about him around here. I have to say he also iced a boring-ass style which I did not often enjoy watching. I don't know, maybe that is preferable to the dumpster fire we currently have going on.
Hope monty does the claude movie where claude also had buzzards over his head about to get fired and whammo delivers the cup. Crossing my fingers this scenario repeats itself feels so similar right now with what's going on here lately with the team. Let's go Monty get it done I'm on his bandwagon.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad