Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Makes me wonder what the hell these guys do during practice. They wouldn't be doing all these stupid things over and over again if they were working on the right things between games.
There is something wrong as we saw the frustration on the players faces last night....especially Brad, Pasta and Mac. IMO these players are leaders, but something is off somewhere, and it affects the whole team.

This team SHOULD be better. I am really going to watch the interaction between players and coaches tomorrow. I believe whatever is up can be fixed.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I wanted to trade Swayman in June but let's not be ridiculous here. G position is the last one on Earth we have to complain or worry about
I don't think there was much questioning Swaymans ability to play goal, the question was can he do it over the long haul, and we will find out this season. The problem is his contract is prohibiting the GM from making any moves now, with no cap space, and this team needs something.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Bs are not going to able to solve all their issues at once. What I hope happens is that Monty concentrates on nailing down the defensive system and PK first. Play some grind-it-out 1-0 or 2-1 games and build a solid foundation for the players so they know their roles inside and out and can play with discipline. They should have the horses on D to be able to do this.

Once they get their shit together defensively they can start building their offense.
I was really hopeful for the defense before the season started....Now...It is a mess.

This team looks to be a cellar dweller. They have no chemistry unless you count penalties. Can they turn it around???
I say MAYBE

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That first goal he let up was on what teammate? He's been playing like a very good back up. He better get better soon if we are going to have a season worth watching.

He was also small on TS goal, the other night he had a few softies as well. The entire team is playing below expectation lets not start with the Swayman is king shit.

Because he's far from playing like an elite goalie right now.

Now he's signed for almost a decade. Cap hit will be an albatross

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yes I saw this line of defense for Price for years. He's elite except its everyone's fault.

Huh? I'm saying we'd be even worse if Swayman wasn't in net. The only reason some of these games are close on the scoreboard is because of Swayman. I don't expect a goalie to bail his team out every single time, that's just unrealistic. Swayman has allowed 18 goals this year. I can think of 2-3 where I thought to myself "Swayman needs to save that, that was a soft goal"

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They have been far to sloppy. This is everyone
sure is, really odd to see pretty much all of the team leaders playing the same way, poorly

Don`t think this is a coaching thing although I wish Monty would give various lines a chance to gel . He didn`t forget how to coach overnight

Execution and focus horrible, this team consistently giving the puck away to opponents , many times unforced errors

Penalties, I have no answer for this, so many penalties so stupid, Marchand`s last night for example

Goaltending and the 4th line are the only positives thus far, far too many players have to pull their heads out of their asses

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Huh? I'm saying we'd be even worse if Swayman wasn't in net. The only reason some of these games are close on the scoreboard is because of Swayman. I don't expect a goalie to bail his team out every single time, that's just unrealistic. Swayman has allowed 18 goals this year. I can think of 2-3 where I thought to myself "Swayman needs to save that, that was a soft goal"

I'm just saying that's what price fans said for years. We'd lose by worse if it wasn't for Price. So he's got a built in buffer for not delivering or winning. At a small cap hit that's ok but at 64 mill you need to be a difference and shut down teams

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am not saying Monty should be on solid ground by no means, but this should not fall on him, if Monty goes, it should be a package deal, Monty and Sweeney who grossly mismanaged the cap, and that goes back to Bertuzzi, Hathaway and Orlov, also bringing back Krecji was a mistake, replacements should have been in place for Krecji and Bergey, and now Marchand.
I could not have said it better except for the this should not fall on Monty. The HC is supposed to be able to get the players prepared, pick the correct lines and not piss off the Captain. If it were to come down to Monty or Marchard, guess who?

Babajingo

1729858602282.png

Let's hope their hearts will grow 3x

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I had to look at the highlights to confirm, but I'm a little dismayed at the lack of energy and enthusiasm after Brazeau's goal. Geekie in particular barely reacts. Can't say I've ever noticed before, but does he just not celly? (Is he "celly-bate"? :D).

I mean, the goal brought it to 4-2 with lots of time left in the game. It got them back in it. By their reactions, you'd think they'd just scored their 2nd goal in a 7-2 loss with under a minute left.

Is it an indication of the attitude on the bench that they (at least the forwards on the ice) didn't seem to get energized by it? Had they already given up? Or were they just being "even-keeled", not getting too high (or too low)?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I could not have said it better except for the this should not fall on Monty. The HC is supposed to be able to get the players prepared, pick the correct lines and not piss off the Captain. If it were to come down to Monty or Marchard, guess who?
Well you might be right, but Marchands production, going back to last year, should be questioned and not ignored.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm just saying that's what price fans said for years. We'd lose by worse if it wasn't for Price. So he's got a built in buffer for not delivering or winning. At a small cap hit that's ok but at 64 mill you need to be a difference and shut down teams

The Bruins have scored 3 goals in the last 3 games. Tough to expect a goalie to be perfect when the team is giving up so many prime chances. Pastrnak is paid $90 million and he's currently got more minor penalties than goals scored. It took an absolute GIFT for him to score last night. 2G in the last 5 games for our $90 million winger and we're not happy that our $64 million goalie can't pitch 3 straight shutouts for us to get wins :dunno:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Zadorov only works with McAvoy. They need to grow cohessiveness with that pair. Him with Carlo and Peeke isn't ideal IMO. Carlo / Lindholm works, should never be broken up. No idea why they don't just stick with pairs and let them work it out together.
Because the "Head Coach" on down thru the rest of the coaches are grasping at straws. They're lost so the players are lost.
A team of followers not leaders.
All great teams have multiple leaders.
In 2011 we had a team of leaders, before and at the TDL they went out and got
IIRC Chris Kelly, Rich Peverly (and I'm having trouble remembering who else).
They already had Bergeron, Recchi, Chara, Seidenberg and a bench of burgeoning leaders.
Not to dump on Sweeney but Chiarelli took the team half built by M'OC and
put some serious finishing touches on it.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Because the "Head Coach" on down thru the rest of the coaches are grasping at straws. They're lost so the players are lost.
A team of followers not leaders.
All great teams have multiple leaders.
In 2011 we had a team of leaders, before and at the TDL they went out and got
IIRC Chris Kelly, Rich Peverly (and I'm having trouble remembering who else).
They already had Bergeron, Recchi, Chara, Seidenberg and a bench of burgeoning leaders.
Not to dump on Sweeney but Chiarelli took the team half built by M'OC and
put some serious finishing touches on it.
Kaberle, lol.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I had to look at the highlights to confirm, but I'm a little dismayed at the lack of energy and enthusiasm after Brazeau's goal. Geekie in particular barely reacts. Can't say I've ever noticed before, but does he just not celly? (Is he "celly-bate"? :D).

I mean, the goal brought it to 4-2 with lots of time left in the game. It got them back in it. By their reactions, you'd think they'd just scored their 2nd goal in a 7-2 loss with under a minute left.

Is it an indication of the attitude on the bench that they (at least the forwards on the ice) didn't seem to get energized by it? Had they already given up? Or were they just being "even-keeled", not getting too high (or too low)?

I'll be honest I probably wouldn't being over enthused either, even if I scored the goal. 1-3 in the last 4, just got shutout to team that was winless on the season and now (before the goal) we were down 4-1 and playing like shit. There's nothing to really celebrate at that moment, just more work to do in order to try and get it back to a tie.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'll be honest I probably wouldn't being over enthused either, even if I scored the goal. 1-3 in the last 4, just got shutout to team that was winless on the season and now (before the goal) we were down 4-1 and playing like shit. There's nothing to really celebrate at that moment, just more work to do in order to try and get it back to a tie.

Agreed.

But I was excited because Brazeau scored.

Hopefully he stays in the lineup and gives the team some needed offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad