Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Marchand penalty was stupid, along with McAvoys similar cross-checking penalty a couple of games back, and they are supposed leaders on this team. I have tried to brush off some McAvoys play in the past to injuries, and needing time to get his game back, but even I must admit this is gone on for too long, his game is just not there. I might add, I think it has come to a point that no player should be off the table, if the right proposal came along, we all have our favorites, but something needs to be done. For many out there who will argue it is still early, I remember when these players were up against it, they had a way of responding, I do not see that with group, sorry, just how I see it.
I like McAvoy but I hate his contract. I don't think management should be paying 9.5M annually to a d-man who has never been close to Norris-level.

Reactions: Zillah and The Hajj

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Toronto and Tampa Bay have issues also. Toronto outscored like 11-3 against freaking Columbus and STL. TB is outscoring their issues but Vasi is not the same before his back issue. People need to get a grip and stop talking about firing Montgomery or trading Coyle or Carlo after 8 games.If they are like this 25 games in you have a legit argument.
If they are like this 25 games in, start building for next year, season over.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Marchand is right, but he's also been guilty of a lot of it. He has not been leading by example, that's for sure.

Brad needs to get his shit.jpg together.

Reactions: Trizz617 and BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
A question I think that needs to be asked is how big of a role did the Swayman contract issues play in this teams preseason preparation's?
We know what will be said publicly, how ever it can not be denied it was a distraction.

What we do know is this team and a lot of there key players have not played well to start the season.
We can only guess, if it was a distraction, but it everyone is being honest it should not be dismissed.

Reactions: bme44

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
The Bs are not going to able to solve all their issues at once. What I hope happens is that Monty concentrates on nailing down the defensive system and PK first. Play some grind-it-out 1-0 or 2-1 games and build a solid foundation for the players so they know their roles inside and out and can play with discipline. They should have the horses on D to be able to do this.

Once they get their shit together defensively they can start building their offense.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
This is another issue IMO

They could probably offset their physical slowness to an extent with effort (which for the most part has been lacking) and quick thinking. I'm not sure they're capable of quick thinking. They look really befuddled out there.
I think slowly too. If I thought faster my post would have read as follows:

They think slowly

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I know your joking but out of the worst GA this year Swayman has the best save % from the second most shots against. He is not the problem.
View attachment 921387

Hes paid to be the answer though which was the point of paying him 64 million. Basically he's only as good as the team in front of him similar to most goalies who don't command that type of contract.

• Haha
Reactions: drkfluff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I was a huge Gryz critic/jokester but they miss his outlet passes for sure.
I said after Nashville, that Forbort\Gryz absolutely gave you more than Zadorov\Lohrei
after first 8. Last year +10 or 11 and this year 91\6 are -1.
Could it be that Toronto, Tampa, and Boston all have issues that need to be addressed?

Tampa is a team in transition.
Toronto fired the coach after a fist round playoff loss.

Yes, it’s early in the season, but the fact that other teams are struggling does not change what the eyeball test currently shows for the Bruins.
If the eyeball test after 25 games is the same then you move. They have lost a lot of vet presence from last year. Even JVR and Shattenkirk had real good starts last year plus Ullmark\Swayman gave up just 12 goals in first 8. Granted they had an easy schedule first 8 games last year.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Reactions: Score08

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I said after Nashville, that Forbort\Gryz absolutely gave you more than Zadorov\Lohrei
after first 8. Last year +10 or 11 and this year 91\6 are -1.

If the eyeball test after 25 games is the same then you move. They have lost a lot of vet presence from last year. Even JVR and Shattenkirk had real good starts last year plus Ullmark\Swayman gave up just 12 goals in first 8. Granted they had an easy schedule first 8 games last year.
How much time did Zadorov and Lohrei play together this year? Grzelcyk and Forbort's +/- have more to do with the offense the Bruins were putting up.

Reason I say this is because Grzelcyk and Forbort combined for 5 points in 40 games to start last season. Grzelcyk had 1 in his first 20. If you're going to make that comparison, Zadorov and Lohrei have a combined 7 in 15 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad