Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Dallas 5 BRUINS 2

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
He's been a good regular season coach and avoided a loss to the Leafs. I'd much rather send an entitled lazy vet like Coyle or Carlo packing and actually send a message.
If you are right with the bold part.... which I disagree (I don't think CC and Carlo are lazy) who would be dumb enough to take them. Would you trade for a lazy player commanding millions of dollar.

IMO Carlo is a top 4. CC is a very good 3C and can move up and down the line up.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I still believe they will get better BUT...

There is no swagger. Players have slumping shoulders and no confidence.

Brad is working hard as always but looks totally frustrated....same with Pasta. Sway looks confident but it may be an act.

The chemistry (which is usually great) isn't working yet.

It is the whole team.

Is it coaching??? I don't know.

What I do know is we were used to winning and it was much more fun when they won.

sigh.....:confused:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I think it’s fixable. The biggest issue is this teams lack of discipline. Three power play goals in the 2nd period. This is at least twice now we’ve had three power play goals against in a game.

Far too many mental errors, but fixable.
Agree. Lack of discipline not only concerning penalty, but the slot coverage, puck management, intelligent back check. IMO it is all on concentration, lack of confidence, not only on lack of effort.

Reactions: BMC

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
A question I think that needs to be asked is how big of a role did the Swayman contract issues play in this teams preseason preparation's?
We know what will be said publicly, how ever it can not be denied it was a distraction.

What we do know is this team and a lot of there key players have not played well to start the season.

C'mon, man. C'mon.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
They aren't smart with the puck. Throwing it in front of their own net with blind/panic passing. Wingers hanging out in the neutral zone waiting for a pass or a clear. There was a play there where McAvoy gets the puck in our end and then dumps it into the other corner to his defense partner that doesn't even have a stick. Zero awareness and communication.

Dallas made a lot of their plays look so easy with accurate passing and positioning.

Monty can yell at the players all he wants but at some point someone has to yell at him and our coaching staff because whatever this PK and PP strategy is, it ain't working.
That is my biggest observation to. Add bad slot coverage and bad penalties. IMO, all of this can improve and change.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
It’s a team lost far away in the abyss and the coaching staff seems even more lost and unanswered, no structure, no emotion, no identity...sad but they need new voice!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not sure if anyone else has noticed however Poitras skating is a liability. Smart skilled player but skating could hold him back from being that special player. Maybe he should be playing in Providence? He hasn't looked good.
I have noticed. He seems slower than last year with zero separation speed. He also gets gassed quickly.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Right now they are unwatchable. Vs what we have seen even last year, this team looks like a bottom dweller. They aren’t but that’s where they are now IMO. For me what is most concerning is there isn’t even progress in some areas. Stupid penalties, poor defensive coverage time and time again, horrible PP, no real consistent forechecking plan. Pick one of those and ask yourself are they better in any way since game 2 (as game 1 vs FLA this year was a bomb)……..? Nope. I don’t know what it is but I tend to learn towards it’s more of a poorly constructed roster at this point but if we get to game 20 and it’s not improving Monty will be shown the door, which I don’t think he deserves. We shall see

Let’s go Bruins!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Don’t know what to say, it’s just a team that has no identity and can’t remained dialed in through a full 10 minutes never mind 60 minutes
You are not the only one left speechless, many on this board is confused and disappointed with what is happening to this team.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I'd argue he absolutely is a premier #1 defenseman, just as Pastrnak is a premier top 5 winger.

The issue is the roster decreases in talent year over year and these two along with Marchand believe they have to be the offense, the defense, the physicality, the leadership, the Bergeron.

It's a lot to expect even at their salaries.
Maybe, but he sure hasn’t been playing like one. I don’t think you can attribute all of it to those playing around him.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I don't see how this team will get better with Montgomery and the actual coaching staff behind the bench. They should have get rid of him after the 22/23 season. The Bruins right now look like a dead team.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I smell a firing starting to be talked about, regarding the Bruins Head Coach, not by the players but Sweeney and Neely.
I am not saying Monty should be on solid ground by no means, but this should not fall on him, if Monty goes, it should be a package deal, Monty and Sweeney who grossly mismanaged the cap, and that goes back to Bertuzzi, Hathaway and Orlov, also bringing back Krecji was a mistake, replacements should have been in place for Krecji and Bergey, and now Marchand.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I think it’s fixable. The biggest issue is this teams lack of discipline. Three power play goals in the 2nd period. This is at least twice now we’ve had three power play goals against in a game.

Far too many mental errors, but fixable.
Yeah the cross checks, interference, and stupid tripping penalties especially are lazy. Stop putting your sticks near peoples skates....you are not getting the puck loose anyways......DISCIPLINE

(and the blind passes)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The Good:
  • There were moments when they generated chances
  • Zadarov laying some big hits
The Bad:
  • The 2nd period
  • Too many penalties again (Marchand's cross-check was stupid and unnecessary)
  • The PK
The Ugly:
  • This season so far
Marchand penalty was stupid, along with McAvoys similar cross-checking penalty a couple of games back, and they are supposed leaders on this team. I have tried to brush off some McAvoys play in the past to injuries, and needing time to get his game back, but even I must admit this is gone on for too long, his game is just not there. I might add, I think it has come to a point that no player should be off the table, if the right proposal came along, we all have our favorites, but something needs to be done. For many out there who will argue it is still early, I remember when these players were up against it, they had a way of responding, I do not see that with group, sorry, just how I see it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
They think slowly too.
This is another issue IMO

They could probably offset their physical slowness to an extent with effort (which for the most part has been lacking) and quick thinking. I'm not sure they're capable of quick thinking. They look really befuddled out there.

Reactions: BTO

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Yeah the cross checks, interference, and stupid tripping penalties especially are lazy. Stop putting your sticks near peoples skates....you are not getting the puck loose anyways......DISCIPLINE

(and the blind passes)
Makes me wonder what the hell these guys do during practice. They wouldn't be doing all these stupid things over and over again if they were working on the right things between games.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Luckily, no teams in the Atlantic are off to hot starts. A game under 500 is not good at all though, even with less than 10 games in. Give up 3 PP goals is tough.
Although important, important the record is not what worries me the most, the play of this and the drive from them is very concerning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad