GDT: Game 8: Red Wings at sabres 1:00 pm et 10/26/24

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Lalonde is a nice guy. Smart and humble. But he is not a good head coach, he's a prototypical assistant coach and should be replaced. I am not a Lalonde hater, but he's not good for this team's development and he's especially bad for their confidence.

Yzerman needs to make a decision because this team needs to be pushed harder to be better.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Lalonde is a nice guy. Smart and humble. But he is not a good head coach, he's a prototypical assistant coach and should be replaced. I am not a Lalonde hater, but he's not good for this team's development and he's especially bad for their confidence.

Yzerman needs to make a decision because this team needs to be pushed harder to be better.
Box score says different. :sarcasm:

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

Not that I disagree but you could argue yzerman needs to be the one replaced. When you have a d-core this awful and old it’s on the GM

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yes yes, endless runway for Yzerman with no playoffs in sight.
What runway? People are complaining about the short term team pieces all the time. I care about prospects and the longterm.

He did say it was gonna take a while. What do you think he could have done to increase the speed of it?

Again you guys just come in with snarky oh yzercult can't complain about Yzerman while we have been bashing the signings for years now. Where have you been?

Reactions: Sadekuuro

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO

It's like he thought that players didn't listen to post-game press conferences. I lost track of how many times he said "us winning isn't sustainable" and all that other nonsense the last two years.

He has all of the motivational skills and energy of soggy cardboard.

cjm502

Holy Jumpin!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan

I have been under the impression that he is a "players coach" in a big way. I don't think a coach needs to be a hard ass all the time, but there needs to be a balance. A coach can both treat his team well and be likable when they play well and also be a hard ass when they have poor effort or execution. I truly believe he is incapable of lighting a fire under this teams ass. This is all besides the highly questionable "systems" that get deployed at times, the way he chose counter the Islanders trap was mind boggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad