Goal-Day Thread Game 8: Ducks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ - Goal Day Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Gotta get Garland and Dvo together. Maybe their combined consistent effort will rub off on the rest of the team.
That's why I keep lining them up with Schmaltz. Two guys who will hustle and use the middle with a skilled doodle bugs who won't. It's why Keller looked his best this year with Keller-Brassard-Pitlick. Put whoever-Hayton-Kessel together, too, though it'd be better if we lost one of the doodle bugs.

Reactions: RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That's why I keep lining them up with Schmaltz. Two guys who will hustle and use the middle with a skilled doodle bugs who won't. It's why Keller looked his best this year with Keller-Brassard-Pitlick. Put whoever-Hayton-Kessel together, too, though it'd be better if we lost one of the doodle bugs.
I like them with Crouse because you'd have 3 guys that will go to the net and three guys that will hustle. I get what you're saying but I'd love to see those three outworking the other team. If nothing else maybe it might shame the rest of the guys into working harder.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They did give Garland the goal now.

Other than the PTSD from the shutout nonsense, it was a pretty good series. Outshot them 34-16 tonight. 65-40 in the two games. Limited chances, and Darcy stopped most of the breakdowns.
Only one game under .500 pt% eight games in after a four game series against Vegas and six games without Ollie. And playing the yutes everynight. Not a terrible start all things considered for a rebuilding club.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Our forwards are DvoLand and the Doodle Bugs

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Just woke up, having not seen the final, clicked on CNBC and they were playing Howlin' for You...well that's a good sign. :nod:

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Is Keller-Schmaltz-Garland the smallest line in NHL history? Effective nonetheless.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hayton is the next bust on the long list of high draft picks in Yotes history. Just not enough.

Team is not aggressive, since years. If you have a lack of talent and speed, you have to play aggressive. But thats not RT style.
I'm not as high on Hayton as some, but this is his first year of getting regular ice time, and has not embarrassed himself. RT made the big mistake of not playing him last year. Most players take the four to five years before they seem to get comfortable and meet their expectations. There are exceptions of course.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hayton just needs to improve his skating a little more and gain some more confidence and he'll be fine.

I did not like what I had seen of Hayton coming into this season but I think he's shown more consistent skill and effort than any forward save Garland and Maybe Dvo. He needs to play on a scoring line. Still think they should go:

Keller Hayton Schmaltz
Crouse Dvo Garland
Cagguila Brassard Kessel
Not sure what Hayton's upside is or if he will ever hit expectations but he needs regular ice time to develop. Has not produced so far, but has shown flashes of skill, which he did not last year.

Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I looked at contracts comparable to Keller's. If he returns to rookie season form with roughly 0.8 ppg it would put him in the middle of forwards with a cap hit between $6.5-$7.5.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It's a sign of great coaching when you come back after a loss and make the adjustments necessary to dominate that opponent!!!! #runsandhides

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad