Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - BACK ON TRACK - BRUINS 4 Detroit 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not much to complain about tonight.

Carlo and Forbort were amazing on the PK and Poitras continues to surprise me every time I see him.

Had at least 2 amazing defensive plays tonight……wise beyond his years, defensively.
Forbort is unreal on the PK.

How does it feeeeel to be 7-0-1!?
Pretty damn good!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Not much to complain about tonight.

Carlo and Forbort were amazing on the PK and Poitras continues to surprise me every time I see him.

Had at least 2 amazing defensive plays tonight……wise beyond his years, defensively.
Too bad he has only one more game before he’s sent back to Guelph. Boy, I’m going to miss that kid.!

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Like... This game was touted as a potential "rude awakening" for the Bruins. Finally playing another club with early success. But a real fire offense and a cant-miss powerplay.

And we didn't just see them step up - they controlled the play outside of the first half of the third.

Statement game. Love it.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I remember Pastrnak receiving flak for lolly gagging a shootout attempt in the preseason. But his two penalty shot goals demonstrate why you never tip your hand in a meaningless game. Tonight's was a beauty even if he has to send a royalty check to Evgeny Kuznetsov.

And speaking of not tipping his hand, there's no way his Minnesota Fats-inspired bank shot ENG was an accident. He practiced that! ;)

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I admire the commitment to negativity for a team that’s 7-0-1. The stamina…

My original post was positive to the majority of the team I just said Debrusk needs to get his head out of his ass, which he does.

But no surprise that yet again you didn’t read the whole conversation and you just randomly jump in the middle of conversations without knowing what’s going on. Also no surprise you coming to debrusks aid and complaining after you were calling for a $7.5m AAV for Debrusk in the offseason. How’s that looking now?

Why are you making up a lie?

We're 7-0-1. Chill out.

My original post was positive with a caveat that Debrusk needs to play better and you took exception to it.

Why are you so offended? He’s been a dumpster fire on and off the ice to start the season.

Not my fault you ignored my post about how well swayman and pasta were playing and the part where I said hopefully Zacha is turning the corner after that goal.

You just decided to talk about the Debrusk part of my post.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Like... This game was touted as a potential "rude awakening" for the Bruins. Finally playing another club with early success. But a real fire offense and a cant-miss powerplay.

And we didn't just see them step up - they controlled the play outside of the first half of the third.

Statement game. Love it.

The Bruins have played two legit good teams so far and they've stepped up, played with pace and intent, and clearly had the better of it both in general play and on the scoreboard both times. That's almost all that matters to me. I don't care if they spent time cruising against the likes of the Ducks or Sharks. Really shoddy things like that last 5 mins against Anaheim are a bit more of an issue, but in general they're simply not going to bring their best effort every night over a long 82 game season, and that's fine. As long as they can show up and deliver in the games against fellow contenders (especially divisional rivals), most of the time at least, that's all I need to see.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sunday, October 29 (Boston, MA)
- No scheduled practice or media availability

Monday, October 30 (Warrior Ice Arena | TD Garden)

- Pre-game skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following pre-game skate

- Game vs. Florida Panthers, 7 p.m. (TD Garden | TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

Reactions: Alicat

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My original post was positive to the majority of the team I just said Debrusk needs to get his head out of his ass, which he does.

But no surprise that yet again you didn’t read the whole conversation and you just randomly jump in the middle of conversations without knowing what’s going on. Also no surprise you coming to debrusks aid and complaining after you were calling for a $7.5m AAV for Debrusk in the offseason. How’s that looking now?

My original post was positive with a caveat that Debrusk needs to play better and you took exception to it.

Why are you so offended? He’s been a dumpster fire on and off the ice to start the season.

Not my fault you ignored my post about how well swayman and pasta were playing and the part where I said hopefully Zacha is turning the corner after that goal.

You just decided to talk about the Debrusk part of my post.
I responded to the part where you made an allegation that the reason Jake missed the team meeting was because he was DRUNK in LA. To insinuate that without any shred of proof is absolutely gross. I read your post. I agree with the rest. But to insinuate something like that without ANY proof is ridiculous.

1. Not offended but you must be.
2. Never called for 7 million for him
3. I took exception to you making up a lie that is unfair to the player and is a bad look.

You're better than that, Rico.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I responded to the part where you made an allegation that the reason Jake missed the team meeting was because he was DRUNK in LA. To insinuate that without any shred of proof is absolutely gross. I read your post. I agree with the rest. But to insinuate something like that without ANY proof is ridiculous.

1. Not offended but you must be.
2. Never called for 7 million for him
3. I took exception to you making up a lie that is unfair to the player and is a bad look.

You're better than that, Rico.

That’s the rumor going around podcasts and circles that he went out partying in LA and it caused him to miss the meeting.

Also go back and read I wasn’t talking to you about half that. I was talking to Marchyknowsbest. Idk if you have him blocked or something and can’t see his messages but if you don’t, you should be able to clearly understand what I said.

Reactions: lopey

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That’s the rumor that he went out partying in LA and it caused him to miss the meeting.

Also go back and read I wasn’t talking to you about half that. I was talking to Marchyknowsbest. Idk if you have him blocked or something and can’t see his messages but if you don’t, you should be able to clearly understand what I said.

"That's the rumor". And where is the rumor? Why aren't the bloggers and people who follow the team, who leak everything, talking about it then? If this was true, you know damn well people would be talking about it. The Felger & Mazz' of the world. There wasn't a single post in any thread saying that. It's unfair to the player. If this were true, especially with everything Monty has gone through, I think he would of been sat for more than one game. Peddling a rumor that nobody has even said before on here or anywhere else is wrong.

As for the first part of your post. No, I didn't see that you responded to @MarchysNoseKnows at first.

And I'm sure people think this shit is because Jake is my...wait for it..."binky". But no. I don't think he's been garbage as some do. Yeah he's got to get it going. Not denying that. We've played 8 games. He's been in 7 of them. He's gonna be fine. That was my point. Zacha finally gets on board tonight. He and Jake had great chemistry when put together. The goals will come. I'm not worried. That was all I was saying. Then it turns into whatever this is and it's like 2020 all over again. I'm not gonna do it or fall for it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
"That's the rumor". And where is the rumor? Why aren't the bloggers and people who follow the team, who leak everything, talking about it then? If this was true, you know damn well people would be talking about it. The Felger & Mazz' of the world. There wasn't a single post in any thread saying that. It's unfair to the player. If this were true, especially with everything Monty has gone through, I think he would of been sat for more than one game. Peddling a rumor that nobody has even said before on here or anywhere else is wrong.

Sean Avery’s podcast for one was talking about it.

But I hope it’s because he was out for a night on the town and hungover. Otherwise I guess those videos of his teammates basically calling him a lazy slob are true.

But yes, when you are on a road trip and in the same hotel as the entire team it is extremely difficult to be late for a team meeting because people will come to get you to make sure you aren’t late. If you are late it’s a pretty damn good chance you didn’t make it back to the hotel the night before or you were just clocked out hungover and refusing to wake up.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sean Avery’s podcast for one was talking about it.

But I hope it’s because he was out for a night on the town and hungover. Otherwise I guess those videos of his teammates basically calling him a lazy slob are true.

Sean Avery is the biggest f***ing loser. And I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Lazy slob now equals too drunk to come into a team meeting?

Might as well call him fat while we're at it because he likes McDonald's and Oreos!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sean Avery is the biggest f***ing loser. And I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Lazy slob now equals too drunk to come into a team meeting?

Might as well call him fat while we're at it because he likes McDonald's and Oreos!

Damn youve had some serious reading comprehension problems the last couple posts. You need to go back and read what I said again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad