Pre-Game Talk: GAME 8 7:08 PM - THE BEAR wants Dallas to see stars - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Do you think if Gryz was on the Bruins right now they would have half the problems getting that first pass out and connecting to get it forward into the offensive end?

My point was that when he was here he was constantly roasted for not being able to take a forecheck, and deservedly so. But the same people never seemed to give him credit that he was key to Bostons transition from defense to offense for many years. Which is also why management kept him in that position for so many years and paid him.

Now that he is gone we suddenly are having a lot of trouble consistently getting the puck through the zones.

A coincidence? Possibly. I don't think so. I think we lost a player with an undervalued set of skills that fans are just starting to miss.
I’m just saying. I don’t think any of us are “eating crow” hahahaha

I don’t think the first pass out has been a huge issue. It’s the fact that the Bruins don’t have any sort of clue what to do with the pucks on their sticks.

Pastrnak has shit himself on like 3-4 breakaways alone this year, half the time not even hitting the net or getting a shot off.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Not sure what to expect, but it can't be any worse than last game. Come ready to play boys. I believe in you!

giphy.gif

Reactions: The don godfather

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If this team needs something to get them going and galvanize them it should be Marchand's comments. For days media speculated on how he might react and what the fallout would be, and Marchand responded with accountability, responsibility, and a drive to do better.

If that doesn't make you proud to be a Bruin I don't know what will.
Excellent post as always

Reactions: PlayMakers

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I don't think the Bruins look like shit because they don't have Matt Grzelcyk :laugh:
Regardless of how this season progresses not having to watch the Hobbit play here anymore makes it a better year than last year. Perfect landing spot for him in Pittsburgh

Tell the unruly kids to show the Bruins how to be unruly

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I posted the GDT but Mods will have to fix it so we can avoid complaints that people can't see it

@Fenway @Gee Wally @Bruinswillwin77

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In general I still don't like the idea of Zacha as a center. But as something to get him going, as you say, and more directly engaged, I could support that as a temporary option. Need to do something. As I just said in another post, I'm seeing the effort from him, for the most part, but it's not translating into much so far. Maybe going in the middle would help.

I prefer him at wing and but I think the team needs him at center right now just to bump Coyle down.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Jim the Racoon whisperer and BIG Bruins fan from Nova Scotia is there tonight. Hopefully the boys win for him. He's such a nice guy!

@34:35 he's so proud getting the C on his Marchand jersey.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I posted the GDT but Mods will have to fix it so we can avoid complaints that people can't see it

@Fenway @Gee Wally @Bruinswillwin77

Welp, dont know how. I think only Kevin does. So if folks want to partake in GDT in lieu of Kevin theyll have to unignore you.

• Love
Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad