Pre-Game Talk: GAME 8 7:08 PM - THE BEAR wants Dallas to see stars - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Maybe Koepke scores and Monty moves him up a line in-game There’s no reason why Freddy-Coyle-Geekie can’t be an effective 3rd line. Maybe they just need to be told they’re the 4th line.

Googles hits on “sacrosanct” just skyrocketed in relative terms
Use it in a sentence?
Joe Saccro sanc into a depression after he got sacked.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Use it in a sentence?
Joe Saccro sanc into a depression after he got sacked.
I had a boat name "Sacro", it sanct off the coast of Newport

Let's not have a repeat of the effort in Nashville. Dallas has the best PK in the league and both team's have terrible PPs so I'm guessing this one will be won even strength with good goaltending

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I saw it reported as...

Marchand - E.Lindholm - Pastrnak
Geekie - Zacha - Poitras
Frederic - Coyle - Koepke
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau

I'm hoping it's the latter. I was in favor of getting Zacha back in the middle to get him going. I don't mind breaking up the 4th line either. They've been great but they can't win games by themvselves. Maybe adding some 4th line juju to the 3rd line will get them going.

In general I still don't like the idea of Zacha as a center. But as something to get him going, as you say, and more directly engaged, I could support that as a temporary option. Need to do something. As I just said in another post, I'm seeing the effort from him, for the most part, but it's not translating into much so far. Maybe going in the middle would help.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If this team needs something to get them going and galvanize them it should be Marchand's comments. For days media speculated on how he might react and what the fallout would be, and Marchand responded with accountability, responsibility, and a drive to do better.

If that doesn't make you proud to be a Bruin I don't know what will.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'm still trying to figure out how the Grzelcyk haters should be eating crow. I'm legitimately confused by that... :laugh:
1729803998023.png

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
My last weeknight when I can stroll leisurely across Causeway to meet @Ladyfan for the game:( my work location will now be in JP, big final move this Saturday. Might be harder to make pregame skate( thanks MBTA:help:). Spent today packing boxes and labeling furniture:rolleyes:, Hope the B’s are on their game from puck drop or I might be asleep in my seat.
Here we go :bruins here we go!!:clap::clap:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In general I still don't like the idea of Zacha as a center. But as something to get him going, as you say, and more directly engaged, I could support that as a temporary option. Need to do something. As I just said in another post, I'm seeing the effort from him, for the most part, but it's not translating into much so far. Maybe going in the middle would help.
He's playing with a LW that always plays RW or C. (Geekie)

And a RW who always plays center. (Poitras)

Good luck.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't think the Bruins look like shit because they don't have Matt Grzelcyk :laugh:

yeah, the two guys that replaced him ( Zadorov, Lohrei ) have arguably better stats than Grz so far this year. Grz isn't the missing link so far this year - he struggled against a hard, fast forecheck too when he was here.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I’m liking the lineup for tonight. Poitras on the second line RW and pasta and Marchy together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad