Pre-Game Talk: GAME 8 7:08 PM - THE BEAR wants Dallas to see stars - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yeah, it's depressing.
And the worst part is. I don't even need all the fights (though I'd love it)

I just want to see an identity with this team. I want to see a player immediately go after another like Marc Savard did, no hesitation. Our team is too timid to do that.

After everything the Panthers did last year, if one player immediately grabbed Tkachuk or Bennett it would of set the tone. No looking around. Or looking at a replay. Brad getting suckerpunched? Oh I'm jumping you right there and now.

Not having Pasta fight mouthpiece Matthew. Which I respect, but I don't want our star scorer doing that. Our D men should be. Or other players should be. We get dogwalked because we never pushback.

It's time to reset that and start doing it. I don't know of the organization doesn't want that anymore. But I look at other teams in the league who do it, who set the tone, who defend their teammates immediately no questions and I ask myself: what are the Bruins doing?

And at this current time, I don't think they know either. I need them to figure it out.

Last edited:

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
And the worst part is. I don't even need all the fights (though I'd love it)

I just want to see an identity with this team. I want to see a player immediately go after another like Marc Savard did, no hesitation. Our team is too timid to do that.

After everything the Panthers did last year, if one player immediately grabbed Tkachuk or Bennett it would of set the tone. No looking around. Or looking at a replay. Brad getting suckerpunched? Oh I'm jumping you right there and now.

Not having Pasta fight mouthpiece Matthew. Which I respect, but I don't want our star scorer doing that. Our D men should be. Or other players should be. We get dogwalked because we never pushback.

It's time to reset that and start doing it. I don't know of the organization doesn't want that anymore. But I look at other teams in the league who do it, who set the tone, who defend their teammates immediately no questions and I ask myself: what are the Bruins doing?

And at this current time, I don't think they know either. I need them to figure it out.
they say sometimes your the hammer and sometimes your the nail. This team has only nails!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't know what to expect tonight. I hope some of the lines start clicking. No injuries please.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight.

1729795874783.png

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Those lines are better on paper but man comparing theirs to Dallas is just...depressing.

Credit to where it's due for Dallas though. Probably one of the only teams in recent memory where they successfully transitioned from their old core to an essentially completely new one while the old guys were still kicking around. Seguin and Benn are still around obviously, but they're hardly the main focus.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Interesting stats:

E. Lindholm 19 hits 12 blocks

Pasta 3 hits 1 block

Zacha 2 hits 0 blocks

So who's doing all the work on that line?

Very much so. Pasta is clearly floating a lot, but I've actually quite liked Zacha's work rate. He usually seems to be trying out there. What he's struggling to do is turn that effort into any sort of impact. Few hits and blocks as you've indicated, very little production either, no finish as is often the case with him. He's a likeable but frustrating player in a lot of ways.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Those lines are better on paper but man comparing theirs to Dallas is just...depressing.

Credit to where it's due for Dallas though. Probably one of the only teams in recent memory where they successfully transitioned from their old core to an essentially completely new one while the old guys were still kicking around. Seguin and Benn are still around obviously, but they're hardly the main focus.
Yeah never seen that 🙄

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Hopefully the idea that the Bruins are fodder for backup goalies will light a fire under them. It would be nice to see them press the issue in the first 10 minutes of the game, and maybe even show some consistency. I am in an optimistic mood tonight.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
New forward lines from morning skate:

Marchand - E.Lindholm - Pastrnak
Zacha - Poitras - Geekie
Frederic - Coyle - Koepke
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau
I saw it reported as...

Marchand - E.Lindholm - Pastrnak
Geekie - Zacha - Poitras
Frederic - Coyle - Koepke
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau

I'm hoping it's the latter. I was in favor of getting Zacha back in the middle to get him going. I don't mind breaking up the 4th line either. They've been great but they can't win games by themvselves. Maybe adding some 4th line juju to the 3rd line will get them going.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad