Pre-Game Talk: GAME 8 7:08 PM - THE BEAR wants Dallas to see stars - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Wonder how many Gryz haters are having crow for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Is 3 assists and a -3 good? Pens fans don't seem to love him

Interesting stats:

E. Lindholm 19 hits 12 blocks

Pasta 3 hits 1 block

Zacha 2 hits 0 blocks

So who's doing all the work on that line?
Really like what Elias has brought.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Peace. As an eternal realist, I'll go out on a limb and drop some optimism. Sky isn't falling. Would rather the kinks in this team be ironed out now (after 7 games), than to get to midseason, struggling.

Early enough to still carve out an identity through pains, flaws and all, and then soldier forward. Are they underperfoming? Dam straight they are. Can it be fixed? Dam straight it can. This is not a bad hockey team. 1

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Dallas game participants:

Greg Campbell - London, Ont.
Shawn Thornton - Oshawa, Ont.
Adam McQuaid - Charlottetown, PEI
Andrew Ferrence - Edmonton, Alberta
Daniel Paille - Welland, Ont.
Johnny Boychuk - Edmonton, Alberta
Zdano Chara - Trencin, Czechoslovakia
are you suggesting there aren't enough Canadian boys on the current roster? :naughty:

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Dallas game participants:

Greg Campbell - London, Ont.
Shawn Thornton - Oshawa, Ont.
Adam McQuaid - Charlottetown, PEI
Andrew Ferrence - Edmonton, Alberta
Daniel Paille - Welland, Ont.
Johnny Boychuk - Edmonton, Alberta
Zdano Chara - Trencin, Czechoslovakia
Don't want to make this a Canada vs the rest of the world but the 2011 team was like 80% Canadian players. This year we have 5 and only 3 really play on the team. What does Sweeny have against it? Should maybe watch more WHL and OHL games!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Don't want to make this a Canada vs the rest of the world but the 2011 team was like 80% Canadian players. This year we have 5 and only 3 really play on the team. What does Sweeny have against it? Should maybe watch more WHL and OHL games!

Not so much Canada vs. the world as U.S. vs Canada.

My biggest criticism of Sweeney is his infatuation with American players.

Are those Pasta hits when he falls down into other players?

Lindholm is being held down by those two

Right, maybe one of them was Saros on the breakaway.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Marc Savard IMMEDIATELY going after Avery. No hesitation. This current roster ain't got nobody like that.

Take me back

Mark Kastelic??? I think he might if he's on the ice at the time. I loved that ass whipping he gave to Luke Schenn the other night.

I just want to see some real effort tonight. Losing is one thing, no team is going to go 82-0. It is quite another to lose because you're not going hard every shift. There is zero, none, zilch excuse for that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lopey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins will show up tonite

Mark Kastelic??? I think he might if he's on the ice at the time. I loved that ass whipping he gave to Luke Schenn the other night.

I just want to see some real effort tonight. Losing is one thing, no team is going to go 82-0. It is quite another to lose because you're not going hard every shift. There is zero, none, zilch excuse for that.
I agree with you, but just want to add that working hard is not enough if you are not working smart.Love to see better puck support tonight

Reactions: lopey and BMC

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Watching this team this year is Like staying awake and watching your own colonoscopy. There’s a reason they put you out! Hoping they remove their heads from each other’s rectums.

Reactions: TD Charlie

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
If Dallas brings their A game tomorrow night, the B's will definitely need to bring their A game to have a chance to win

but serious question...do the Bruins even have an A game this year?? :huh:
Right now no. But its still early. I'm not sure why people are even calling for Monty's head this early. I guess it gets clicks or whatever. Dallas does have a tendency to play down to teams so it could be a trap for them.

Reactions: BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Agreed and I want an end to taking stupid penalties too, which is another sign of laziness.
Yea ,if players have more support they would not be reaching as much like that Jones penalty last game in O zone.Zero support that play and reaches with stick and trips defender.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

He's infatuated with American college players. After all he was one. Quite frankly most of them don't have the sandpaper/jam of Canadian players. I think a team needs a balance of both types but that's just me.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
He's infatuated with American college players. After all he was one. Quite frankly most of them don't have the sandpaper/jam of Canadian players. I think a team needs a balance of both types but that's just me.
Its more the college game is not as rough and fighting is a big no no. Junior hockey in Canada is more sandpaper.

ORR4EVAH

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2010
Ottawa

Sweeney is from my home province of St. Stephen, NB. I would posit that the infatuation with American players is coming from above him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad