GDT: Game 76 | OTT @ CBJ | 6 PM EST

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sometimes I wonder if Nyquist, Roslovic and Korpisalo could have been moved earlier, but since I don't know whether or not there was any deal to be made (particularly for Korpi, who seemed to be ruining the tank most nights) until last week before TDL, how much blame can we really put on Jarmo?
Thats just it. Korpi needed to reestablish himself and that took time. Nyquist started slow but is a vet so maybe. Roslovic is just not that good and has term so likely no. If people want to blame Jarmo for other things then go hard but moving guys sooner is likely a no.
At best you could have hoped for the kids to be gone sooner but Johnson and Marchenko specifically have proven a lot this year and likely benefit from the extra minutes they likely dont recieve in a normal season

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Good game Jackets, y'all took advantage of our goalie being shite and deserved that win. Columbus is one of the only teams in the bottom (along with SJ) that I'm okay with getting Bedard, good luck the rest of thes eason

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why is Texier included in this list? He was a 3rd line winger when here, and has played in a worse slower paced league for the last year.

Voronkov and Chinakhov as of now are wildcards.

Don’t disagree that they could be good quickly 2-3 years from now if things go right though.
By adding Texier Chinakov and Danforth you are pushing out guys like Bemstrom, Foudy any other tweeners, improving the depth and improving the weakest links in the lineup.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
By adding Texier Chinakov and Danforth you are pushing out guys like Bemstrom, Foudy any other tweeners, improving the depth and improving the weakest links in the lineup.
You really think Texier, Danforth and Chinakhov >>>>>> Bemstrom and Foudy?

The gap in performance between them is minuscule, if anything at all.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
To me it definitely sucks that the Jackets got the two points. But folks here act like that's someone's fault or as if something can be done about it. Way she goes and move on.
You are correct on this. Just want a Crosby on my team for a change. Sorry for acting like a spoiled little brat. Columbus fans fill the arena regardless so the city is not very demanding as once thought

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You really think Texier, Danforth and Chinakhov >>>>>> Bemstrom and Foudy?

The gap in performance between them is minuscule, if anything at all.
Uh yes. I don't know where you got so many "better than" symbols but yes I do.

Texier has already cemented himself in the roster, if he plays like he did before he left, Foudy and Bemstrom are easily tossed from the lineup. Chinakov before his injury, while he wasnt producing was buzzing around the ice and is easily in the lineup over either Bemstrom or Foudy. To me. The only question mark is Danforth, if he doesn't come back like he was before the injury he could lose a spot, so the jury is still out on him.

Foudy has played better so he is going to have to battle in camp but he's got a chance. Bemstrom on the otherhand... I think he's SOL.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
^^ Agreed as well. Chinakhov easily over Bemström and Foudy at this point (Chinakhov has upside potential and can get better, the other two not so much anymore).

I can sort of see that Foudy has talent somewhere deep inside him - I thought he looked like KJ for a brief moment in the Ottawa game but then he fell and lost the puck, and that was that. He doesn't seem to be able to put it all together. Bemmer has been invisible to my eyes for most of these games outside of that onetimer goal. They don't seem to ooze offensive potential and while Chinny maybe didn't take super huge steps either, he's been more exciting...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Texier has already cemented himself in the roster, if he plays like he did before he left, Foudy and Bemstrom are easily tossed from the lineup. Chinakov before his injury, while he wasnt producing was buzzing around the ice and is easily in the lineup over either Bemstrom or Foudy. To me. The only question mark is Danforth, if he doesn't come back like he was before the injury he could lose a spot, so the jury is still out on him.

Foudy has played better so he is going to have to battle in camp but he's got a chance. Bemstrom on the otherhand... I think he's SOL.

I have Texier way ahead of all of them.

Danforth was ahead but it's a small sample.

Chinakhov has been about as good as Bemstrom and Foudy this year. He has a chance to be better but I wouldn't assume it with him.

It will be interesting to see what level Voronkov comes in on.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Chinakov has to stop being injured. His durability is a question mark for me.

Gillies gets rewarded/punished to Cleveland, same for Greaves coming back.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I have Texier way ahead of all of them.

Danforth was ahead but it's a small sample.

Chinakhov has been about as good as Bemstrom and Foudy this year. He has a chance to be better but I wouldn't assume it with him.

It will be interesting to see what level Voronkov comes in on.
I think Chinakov while he was healthy was better than Bemstrom and Foudy. Especially when they were both healthy, over the last month Foudy has played MUCH better. There's definitely going to be competition at camp though, which if anyone knows me. I am a huge fan of.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Chinakhov needs whatever plan Steph Curry used/uses. Dude couldnt walk in a straight line without rolling his ankle and has since gone on to be the greatest shooter and one of the better players in NBA history

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014

Texier has already cemented himself in the roster, if he plays like he did before he left, Foudy and Bemstrom are easily tossed from the lineup.
You called Foudy/Bemstrom tweeners yet you are counting on Texier as a guy who “solidified” his spot on the team by having 1/3 of an NHL season that was above average? Let’s put it into perspective, Cole Sillinger has 7 fewer points than Texier but has also played in more NHL games than him! I have serious concerns over him playing in a lower level league and having to get used to the pace of NHL play again, especially considering he was a borderline bottom 6 player when here.
Chinakov before his injury, while he wasnt producing was buzzing around the ice and is easily in the lineup over either Bemstrom or Foudy. To me.
Wasn’t producing yet Foudy and Bemstrom are?
The only question mark is Danforth, if he doesn't come back like he was before the injury he could lose a spot, so the jury is still out on him.
I just don’t get your logic.
Bemstrom isn’t a top 6 player but he is vastly underrated around here. Gets no ice time and still picks up points with consistent two way play.

The main point in all of this was to say that Chinakhov Danforth Bemstrom Foudy Texier are all very similar. Each with warts. To think that one of those guys is significantly better (at this point in time) than the others does not make sense to me - and the stats show that IMO.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
You called Foudy/Bemstrom tweeners yet you are counting on Texier as a guy who “solidified” his spot on the team by having 1/3 of an NHL season that was above average? Let’s put it into perspective, Cole Sillinger has 7 fewer points than Texier but has also played in more NHL games than him! I have serious concerns over him playing in a lower level league and having to get used to the pace of NHL play again, especially considering he was a borderline bottom 6 player when here.

Wasn’t producing yet Foudy and Bemstrom are?

I just don’t get your logic.

Bemstrom isn’t a top 6 player but he is vastly underrated around here. Gets no ice time and still picks up points with consistent two way play.

The main point in all of this was to say that Chinakhov Danforth Bemstrom Foudy Texier are all very similar. Each with warts. To think that one of those guys is significantly better (at this point in time) than the others does not make sense to me - and the stats show that IMO.
You do realize there's more to hockey than scoring points and stat watching? Texier has never once made me question his abilities away from the puck. And there was a stretch during his last season here when he looked like the best player on the ice. I'm not looking too much into this past season not playing in the NHL. He has nothing to prove and was working to get his head straight. If he comes back and struggles to keep a spot I'll eat my crow then. But he's never given any reason to doubt him.

And yes, Chinakov even when he wasn't producing, looked like he belonged in the NHL. Which is much more than can be said for either Bemstrom or Foudy for 3/4 of the season. Do we really need to go GDT by GDT and look at the stark difference in comments between Chinakov over Bemmer and Foudy? Bemstrom had a nice couple games but otherwise was LARGELY invisible. Foudy up until about game 50-60 was the laughing stock on the roster.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
I think Tex was our best player last year. If we get that same player back he’s way ahead of those others mentioned

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
It's called watching 20+ years of horrible hockey. The CBJ loses because we don't have enough elite players to compete with the best teams and never have. The only way to get that talent is draft them and once again for the umpteenth season, the Jackets are winning meaningless games at the end of the season and blowing whatever chance we have at a superstar.
MEANINGLESS being the operative word

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
You do realize there's more to hockey than scoring points and stat watching?
:facepalm: Nope. I don’t even watch the games. Only look at the stats.
Texier has never once made me question his abilities away from the puck. And there was a stretch during his last season here when he looked like the best player on the ice. I'm not looking too much into this past season not playing in the NHL. He has nothing to prove and was working to get his head straight. If he comes back and struggles to keep a spot I'll eat my crow then. But he's never given any reason to doubt him.
Ok

A lot of scoring at the outside edges of the pentagon.
And yes, Chinakov even when he wasn't producing, looked like he belonged in the NHL. Which is much more than can be said for either Bemstrom or Foudy for 3/4 of the season.
Chinakhov’s most common linemates have been Laine and Roslovic. Those 3 have had more ice time together than Bemstrom has had WITH ANY one line this season. That is wild. 49 games in and Bemstrom hasn’t had the same 2 line-mates for 60 mins yet.
Do we really need to go GDT by GDT and look at the stark difference in comments between Chinakov over Bemmer and Foudy?
Yes please do. Game card wise Bemstrom is almost always in the top half. People love to use him as the whipping boy though.
Bemstrom had a nice couple games but otherwise was LARGELY invisible. Foudy up until about game 50-60 was the laughing stock on the roster.
“Invisible” and still producing at the EXACT same rate as Chinakhov, despite playing a minute in a half less per game, having better 5v5 possession numbers, having better G/60, A/60 and Pts/60 on the PP (where Chinakhov is supposed to thrive) and being at a -7 (Chinakhov -6 though in half the total games played).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad