GDT: Game 76 | OTT @ CBJ | 6 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Every night is a big night for the tank.

CBJ and Anaheim play tonight. If we lose in regulation, we will catch the Blackhawks in GP, and thus be in last place with them having the RW tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Lines and goalie will be edited in here when known.

Every night is a big night for the tank.

CBJ and Anaheim play tonight. If we lose in regulation, we will catch the Blackhawks in GP, and thus be in last place with them having the RW tiebreaker.
As annoying as those WSH and NYI wins were, at least they were both in OT. Could end up being the difference, we’ll find out within two weeks.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Both teams shutout last night. Ottawa should be hungry for goals and I'm assuming Hutchinson will get the night off after the way he got blasted last night. O/U at 6.5 I'm leaning on the over tonight with Ottawa winning. CBJ have got to just be beaten defensively the way the Panthers owned them last night.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Both teams shutout last night. Ottawa should be hungry for goals and I'm assuming Hutchinson will get the night off after the way he got blasted last night. O/U at 6.5 I'm leaning on the over tonight with Ottawa winning. CBJ have got to just be beaten defensively the way the Panthers owned them last night.
I'm too scared to bet on the overs after the Boston fiasco (like you tell me Pastrnak can't get a proper shot on goal against us and then gets a hat trick against a better team). Better stay far away from it now. :D

Fun to see Gillies in net. I mean he's 29 and had 19 games last year for NJD so he's not a potential future goalie for us but still, always cool to have a new goalie with a new mask etc. (In a tanking season that is...)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm too scared to bet on the overs after the Boston fiasco (like you tell me Pastrnak can't get a proper shot on goal against us and then gets a hat trick against a better team). Better stay far away from it now. :D

Fun to see Gillies in net. I mean he's 29 and had 19 games last year for NJD so he's not a potential future goalie for us but still, always cool to have a new goalie with a new mask etc. (In a tanking season that is...)
He's going to have something to prove and nobody's got a book on him yet. I expect a 3-1 game tonight, hopefully we're on the short end of it.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Seems like Ottawa is also battered with important injuries. Ruh roh

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Watching that feature on the pregame about their locker room & training facilities being described by Jody as “the best in the league”; then why is it they have so many injured players each year. Also, if the facilities are truly that awesome, attracting free agents should be no problem?

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Watching that feature on the pregame about their locker room & training facilities being described by Jody as “the best in the league”; then why is it they have so many injured players each year. Also, if the facilities are truly that awesome, attracting free agents should be no problem?
I'd wager a guess training facilities are not in the top-5 reasons for free agents' decisions... It's probably a nice after-the-fact thing that surprises them or if they're told beforehand they'll go "oh, cool".

And great, CBJ power play already.

1-0 Kent Johnson on the PP, second time he had that look. You can't give the kid that much time. He's too good.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
To be honest in a high scoring game I'm more confident in our ability to lose. Of course if we get goals from Robinson and co that kinda goes out the window, but in a normal situation this lineup isn't as potent offensively as our non-tank opponents'...

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I have been inside Jackets locker room & training facility it is nothing special at all. Pedestrian at best. It is clean.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Don’t confuse getting them to come (to Columbus) with getting them to stay. If it were a recruiting tool, those facilities would be for the VISITING team as well.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
2-2 and Gillies seems a bit hurt (or did he just lose a skate blade)... Yeah he lost a skate blade, hard to make save. Tank got lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->