BRUINS GDT GAME 73 7:08 PM - THE BEAR goes swimming in the Everglades - NESN, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
The Panthers are 1-4 in their last 5. Shutout twice. In that stretch they scored 10 total goals. They lost to every good playoff team they faced in there. Bob is 1-5 in his last 6, and it's Stolarz winning games for them in nets.

If that's the "formula", my body is ready.
I guess you forgot last years playoffs? I haven’t

They know the formula so well they lost the only 2 matchups this year...must have been sensational goaltending overcoming such a mismatch :sarcasm:
Ok, hopefully they don’t come out and play like it’s a playoff game. :sarcasm:

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Cannot remember last time I posted here..I've been sick for a long time but gradually coming around..61 yrs old, need to get over this..Well my grandson [my avator'] well Jeffrey is now 8 years old so yeah, I've been MIA for quite some time..As for my Bruin Buddies here, hope you are all doing well and Bruins take 4pts next few hours!!
The one stat I do like is our record against higher ranked teams compared to the bottom feeders..Actually I believe our record is worst against middle of the road teams like Detroit,Philly, St Louis etc...
I have zero clue what to expect come postseason..Are we better off playing a Leaf team 1st round OR working our tail off in an attempt to finish first in the East or overall..
Some nights this Bruin team looks like a legit cup contender while other nights not so good.
For sure Swayman hasnt been the same past month and his numbers prove that..Thats why we dont even know who starts game one..Whoever wants it bad enough needs to show it..Career wise, tonight just might be one of Swaymans most important reg season starts, same with Ullmark tomorrow night..Both have similar records past 5-6 games but since Ullmark rescinded the trade out West, he's been excellent, almost like he wants to prove a point..I think whichever goaltender is hottest down the stretch gets Game 1 of the postseason and down the stretch begins tonight..How Sway/Ully play their last 5 games should decide who starts game one but only speculation on this posters part..Cheers everyone and GO BRUINS ALWAYS!!!!

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Did they go 0-4? Sick of this narrative that the Panthers are some unbeatable team because of one playoff series won in 7 games....
B's outscored the Panthers by 1 in the series and 2 of the games the Panthers won went to OT. It was a very close series and the B's had plenty of chances to win it. The idea that they got rolled by Florida is pretty silly.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Cannot remember last time I posted here..I've been sick for a long time but gradually coming around..61 yrs old, need to get over this..Well my grandson [my avator'] well Jeffrey is now 8 years old so yeah, I've been MIA for quite some time..As for my Bruin Buddies here, hope you are all doing well and Bruins take 4pts next few hours!!
The one stat I do like is our record against higher ranked teams compared to the bottom feeders..Actually I believe our record is worst against middle of the road teams like Detroit,Philly, St Louis etc...
I have zero clue what to expect come postseason..Are we better off playing a Leaf team 1st round OR working our tail off in an attempt to finish first in the East or overall..
Some nights this Bruin team looks like a legit cup contender while other nights not so good.
For sure Swayman hasnt been the same past month and his numbers prove that..Thats why we dont even know who starts game one..Whoever wants it bad enough needs to show it..Career wise, tonight just might be one of Swaymans most important reg season starts, same with Ullmark tomorrow night..Both have similar records past 5-6 games but since Ullmark rescinded the trade out West, he's been excellent, almost like he wants to prove a point..I think whichever goaltender is hottest down the stretch gets Game 1 of the postseason and down the stretch begins tonight..How Sway/Ully play their last 5 games should decide who starts game one but only speculation on this posters part..Cheers everyone and GO BRUINS ALWAYS!!!!
Welcome back! I am sorry you have been sick. Nice to see you posting!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Welcome back! I am sorry you have been sick. Nice to see you posting!
Ladyfan, How nice to be back and thank you for your kind words..Bruins have 2 huge games to be played tonight and tomorrow..With 10 remaining in reg season schedule, Really need Sway to find his Swag, lol..And no better time than tonight and same for Ully tomorrow night..Those last 10 just might decide who starts Game one..
Again, great to be back and thanks again, hope all is awesome on your end!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ladyfan, How nice to be back and thank you for your kind words..Bruins have 2 huge games to be played tonight and tomorrow..With 10 remaining in reg season schedule, Really need Sway to find his Swag, lol..And no better time than tonight and same for Ully tomorrow night..Those last 10 just might decide who starts Game one..
Again, great to be back and thanks again, hope all is awesome on your end!!
I miss some posters and am happy when the good ones return.! You are a good one!

I don't have a positive feeling about tonight and hope I am wrong. I believe this is a transition year for the Bs so don't expect a lot. If they make it to round 2 I will be happy. Get some playoff experience for some of the younger players and hopefully no one gets injured. Of Course, I have no problem if they win the cup :D

I (unlike some) feel the Bs have good leadership but not enough top line players. They have some really good 3d and 4th line guys.

We will see.

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The boys will respond after getting called out by Monty a couple days ago

B's 4 - A-holes 2

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Monty has sent a message, let's see if the players respond. The risk when coaches do things like this is it can blow up in their face if it doesn't work. But I think it will. Expect the boys to be firing on all cylinders tonight, and the Panthers to respond in kind. Should be a good one.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I’d have gone with Ully. Sway seems a bit fragile for a panthers matchup. Could go the other way and a win/solid performance gets his swagger back, but my lord if he gets shelled no bueno

Reactions: BMC and NDiesel

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Welcome back and hopefully continue to feel better! 4-2 Bs tonight

I’d have gone with Ully. Sway seems a bit fragile for a panthers matchup. Could go the other way and a win/solid performance gets his swagger back, but my lord if he gets shelled no bueno
If he gets shelled, then we are that much more informed

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Welcome home @nfld77 !!!! Glad you are well enough to join us once again! :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad