GDT: GAME 71 | Senators @ Bruins | David, Meet Goliath Edition | Tue Mar 21 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

headup

Apr 7, 2008
Need to stop blaming the refs. The Senators don’t do much to help themselves.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
What does the deserve to win o'meter say? I am not sure how I am supposed to feel.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Ooooo.

Good question. I’ve grown up pronouncing it “Four-nier.”

My father’s father was originally from Bonnaventure, Quebec, but when he came here to Massachusetts in the early 1920s, he started pronouncing it the anglicized way. So, that’s how my dad grew up pronouncing it, etc…

I’m okay with either pronunciation, but since many people here in the US wouldn’t know how to spell it if I used the French pronunciation regularly, it saves me some trouble.

I will say that I wish the language had been passed on to my parents (my mother is also of French-Canadian ancestry), but unfortunately, except for pockets in New Hampshire and Maine, the language has mostly been abandoned in the US.

Sorry for the whole dissertation. I’m comfortable with either pronunciation you wish to use.

Oh, stop that. The Sens always play the Bruins tough.
Interesting, I was just curious! I for sure would call you Fourn-yay. Just like Lacroix water is La-crrwah and not La-croy. I have a thing about French names

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
What does the deserve to win o'meter say? I am not sure how I am supposed to feel.
F4CACB03-3F02-422D-AD16-32AEB6967DF5.jpeg

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Those bruins are like sharks smelling blood when that puck is loose in the crease.

Hopefully senators not named Brady or Claude are paying attention to that

headup

Apr 7, 2008
You feel we play a bad game?
Just because the sens are skating well tonight doesn’t mean anything when they make so many defensive mistakes. They’ve barely touched the puck in the second. Compared to the bruins the Senators are terrible. They don’t have to play 110% to beat the Senators.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Just because the sens are skating well tonight doesn’t mean anything when they make so many defensive mistakes. They’ve barely touched the puck in the second. Compared to the bruins the Senators are terrible. They don’t have to play 110% to beat the Senators.
Bruins have made a lot of mistakes too

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad