Post-Game Talk: GAME 71 - Celine Dion = Titanic - NYR 5 BRUINS 2

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Sure. He's the main problem on a team that has average to less than average blue liners; 3RD line centers, and the team's best player, who appears to only show up at certain games.
But definitely fire Monty, who will be hired in a heartbeat by another club just like the BRUINS last lousy coach Cassidy.
What kind of terrible situation would another team be in where Monty is an upgrade?

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
It’s the idea of them HAVING to rotate. You just don’t. It’s weird.
I think he realizes that because he wouldn't go to swayman In last year's playoff Until game seven he cost us a Stanley Cup. Now he seems fixated on staying with the rotation a matter what. This scares me a bit because I'm afraid whoever starts Game one will get a 50 shot Shut out and sit the next game LO.L.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Swayman is syruggling. He seems to have lost focus. When he is on his game He plays his angles great and has lightning fast movement. Right now his angles are off and he has very little movement. I can't imagine there's a bigger fan of him than me, But I agree with those who say he should be given a break and ride with all Ulmark a few games. His confidence is clearly not where it should be.

At least there is 5 days between now and his next start

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This loss is on Montgomery, the decision to go with a struggling Swayman over a red hot Ullmark was just idiotic. The 2 bad goals by Swayman cost them the game, plain and simple. This decision gives me flashbacks of last year's playoffs where Montgomery got literally everything wrong. This coach gives me no confidence going into the playoffs unless we meet up with the playoff losing Leafs.

Reactions: Ozzy Osbourne

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I hate commenting on goalies because I know it's a tough position but Rangers goalie was 10 times better then Boston goalie tonite by the ole eye test .Bruins pp stunk too.
Will strugle to beat team that have legit centers

Bruins are going nowhere when it matters with the group of centers we have. Again two big guys that play small. Coyle was pushed all over the place tonight

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Sure. He's the main problem on a team that has average to less than average blue liners; 3RD line centers, and the team's best player, who appears to only show up at certain games.
But definitely fire Monty, who will be hired in a heartbeat by another club just like the BRUINS last lousy coach Cassidy.
Monty has done a fantastic job over all but he has alot of experience to on that team.You make it sound like he is running the Senators .As for firing the guy that is crazy .Bruce was fired though with 6 straight playoffs and a finals appearance.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
It’s the idea of them HAVING to rotate. You just don’t. It’s weird.

And yet he ran with an obviously injured Ullmark in last year's playoffs until game 7. This coach is clueless at times and dosen't inspire confidence heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
What kind of terrible situation would another team be in where Monty is an upgrade?
Personally, I believe Monty has done a great job considering the talent-challenged team he's had to work with.
Shouldn't you be more pissed at the 11 million dollar man who, in too many games, we have to post "where's Pasta?"

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Hope monty goes on a deep run and I'm gonna haunt you guys.

Love the Bruins but Monty is not built for the pressure of the playoffs. As a coach your job is to put the team in the best possible position to win, he literally did the complete opposite in last year's playoffs. Tonight starting Swayman was playoff Monty.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Will strugle to beat team that have legit centers

Bruins are going nowhere when it matters with the group of centers we have. Again two big guys that play small. Coyle was pushed all over the place tonight
I'm gonna say this team will go as far as zacha and pasta takes them with linus hulk mode and monty acting like scotty bowman. . If those ingredients mix lookout!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad