Post-Game Talk: Game # 71: Bolts def. Canucks - 4-3 (Burrowsx2, Hansen - Jensen with 1A!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary
I'm relatively sure he would have to be exposed to waivers before being loaned to a European team.

No.. But he couldn't be brought back until the euro team had finished their season . given he doesn't speak a foreign language I think the learning curve on big ice would out weighany development advantage

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Hmm. I was thinking about the Hawks dumping Huet. Different situation and status, I suppose.

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
No.. But he couldn't be brought back until the euro team had finished their season . given he doesn't speak a foreign language I think the learning curve on big ice would out weighany development advantage

Your points are well-taken. Not even 100% certain on this one myself.

I don't like the idea of him going back to junior. Not enough challenge. And, would hate to see him end up with serious injuries playing in the NHL before he is ready.

Look on the bright side of the language issue. Learning some Swedish could come in handy with the Canucks. What are we up to now, five Swedes on the roster with a couple more in the minors?

Btw, hasn't he already played on the big ice surface in the world juniors?

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Minor tweak on huntison's lines:

Sedin - Sedin - *
* - Stastny - Kesler
Horvat/Higgins - Santorelli - *
Richardson - Matthias - Hansen/?
Sestito

With the three *'s being vacated by Jensen, Burrows and Kassian. Hansen on the fourth or maybe shipped out for a good pick and a chance to sign a moneypuck UFA or bring up a young player.

Now, think about a really physical game against a physical team. And picture our fourth line as Sestito-Matthias-Downie.. :naughty:

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Are people really suggesting we trade Daniel? They barely play on different lines and I think Henrik, the captain, will have some say in this.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
When you're pointing the finger there's three coming back at you.

IE. if you got more than a handful of responses from a bunch of different posters that didn't answer your question, perhaps you should take a look at the question you asked and think, hmmm, maybe the problem is that I didn't make the question clear enough?

Just a suggestion instead of throwing barbs all over the place when people are actually trying to help!

(Communications 101)

What barbs? Some of the answers were not clear, but the question was simple enough. When the answers came back based on trades or buyouts that haven't happened, I said so. That's not a barb.

Others showed the roster as it stands and explained how Jensen could fit IF other guys are not resigned or go UFA. That's a fair answer, but that hasn't happened.

Both of these types of responses were based on speculation, but given as PROOF that there was room. Pointing that out is not throwing barbs, but again pointing out that may mean there is no room.

Wetcoaster and a couple other guys pointed out that it's a maybe. If trades and UFA signings take place, depending on the returns, Jensen has a chance or he will be back in Utica. That puts the speculation aside and says we have to wait and see what Gillis does. That will determine if he has a spot or not.

There's a difference between throwing barbs and simply asking for clarification or pointing out that the response is not actually factual. I think you know the difference. Sorry if you were offended, because none was intended.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah, I didn't get the passive aggressive tone of that last post. Lots of posters tried to help.

Oh now I get it. Sorry you have the wrong impression. The last comment came between me and NuxFan09 did not refer to my question about Jensen and whether there is space for him next year if all the Canucks return. That comment referred to the season long exchange he and I, as well as a pretty regular group of posters from Utica and Vancouver, have had regarding the play of the Comets.

We in Utica are often asked to give our assessments, opinions, or status of the Comets players, coach, and team. Then when we respond (and there are many of us) we are often contradicted or bashed for our responses. That's what I meant when the comment you are referring was stated. Two entirely different situation.

I threw no barbs at those who were helping me come to grips with the actual potential status of Jensen with the Canucks next season.

I am appreciative of all those responses and thought I made that clear. If not I am doing so again. Thank you all for your help.

Sorry you 2 guys got the wrong impression.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Oh now I get it. Sorry you have the wrong impression. The last comment came between me and NuxFan09 did not refer to my question about Jensen and whether there is space for him next year if all the Canucks return. That comment referred to the season long exchange he and I, as well as a pretty regular group of posters from Utica and Vancouver, have had regarding the play of the Comets.

We in Utica are often asked to give our assessments, opinions, or status of the Comets players, coach, and team. Then when we respond (and there are many of us) we are often contradicted or bashed for our responses. That's what I meant when the comment you are referring was stated. Two entirely different situation.

I threw no barbs at those who were helping me come to grips with the actual potential status of Jensen with the Canucks next season.

I am appreciative of all those responses and thought I made that clear. If not I am doing so again. Thank you all for your help.

Must be tough seeing all the good players getting snatched up by the big club. Utica will be getting a good influx of Canucks prospects next season though which should make it a little easier to lose Jensen.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Are people really suggesting we trade Daniel? They barely play on different lines and I think Henrik, the captain, will have some say in this.

I watched an all in with Henrik Sedin interview on Canucks TV last night where he was asked about how he would have felt if him and his brother weren't drafted to the same team. He said that they probably would have been traded to the same team or maybe they would have just gone home. So ya, I don't think one twin is going anywhere without the other one.

salo franchise

Mar 15, 2014

Thanks for clearing the air. It's good to know it was just a misunderstanding.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If the team wants to compete next year and Lack isn't considered ready, they could throw a pile of money at Miller. 2 years @ $9M might entice him.

hold on.

we traded away Luongo and Schneider and now we are looking for a #1 goalie?

Gillis will not be here if that is the mentality.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Minor tweak on huntison's lines:

Sedin - Sedin - *
* - Stastny - Kesler
Horvat/Higgins - Santorelli - *
Richardson - Matthias - Hansen/?
Sestito

With the three *'s being vacated by Jensen, Burrows and Kassian. Hansen on the fourth or maybe shipped out for a good pick and a chance to sign a moneypuck UFA or bring up a young player.

Now, think about a really physical game against a physical team. And picture our fourth line as Sestito-Matthias-Downie.. :naughty:

Stastny doesn't play here, Santorelli is a UFA this summer, Horvat has never played an NHL game.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
hold on.

we traded away Luongo and Schneider and now we are looking for a #1 goalie?

Gillis will not be here if that is the mentality.

I think they need to be confident that Markstrom can start 25-30 games by training camps or they may have to get Lack a more experienced back up.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Must be tough seeing all the good players getting snatched up by the big club. Utica will be getting a good influx of Canucks prospects next season though which should make it a little easier to lose Jensen.

It's tough, but it goes with the territory. Anyone who doesn't realize that Utica exists to prepare future Canucks has their loyalty in the wrong place. No place for your heart in a developmental town. You have to hope to lose them because that means they made it. It's tougher when your team has a real stake in the AHL playoff run. Hopefully next season.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I watched an all in with Henrik Sedin interview on Canucks TV last night where he was asked about how he would have felt if him and his brother weren't drafted to the same team. He said that they probably would have been traded to the same team or maybe they would have just gone home. So ya, I don't think one twin is going anywhere without the other one.

That is what NMC's they have are for. It isn't happening any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad