The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State

Mandar

The Real Maven​

Sep 27, 20133,7363,365The Tarheel State

Not superstitious enough….shouldn’t have even brought it up…..it’s on you now

Reactions:duhmetreE

Ummm, I believe THIS was overlooked in gdt last night. Believe @Mandar owes me a little apology, and even @duhmetre for liking his post over mine. I don't jinx, I predict.
What I don't know, is how to make a good copy post here. Lol
The ends justify the means….in that spirit, I will submit to you a little apology. I’m very glad your prediction came true.

As a diehard Ranger fan for 50 years, the superstitions are nearly impossible to give up.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The ends justify the means….in that spirit, I will submit to you a little apology. I’m very glad your prediction came true.

As a diehard Ranger fan for 50 years, the superstitions are nearly impossible to give up.
Yeah buddy, me too. I'm 62. Thanks for the shoutout. I kind of goofed up though. Hidden in that post was the predicting that Tarasenko and Trochek would score. I typed i5 so fast I had forgotten TROUBA, finalizing the T as part of it all. Just missed out on Trochek, lol.

Reactions: LokiDog and Mandar

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Didn’t there used to be a rule that teams couldn’t play two games less than 24 hours apart?

I feel like we’ve broken that rule 3 times in the past month.

Reactions: LokiDog

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I honestly would say switch Vesey and Kakko for a game or two just to try and snap him out of it.... but Chytil hasn't been to good either.
Chytil needs to sit before Kakko, who’s drought has been going on much longer than Kakko.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Personally, I let the kid line continue to try to work out their issues. Coach them up of course, but let them continue to take their regular shifts, especially this late in the season.

Their lack or productivity has not really hurt the team.

21-7-4 since January 1st.

5-0-1 in the last six.

Would I like more, absolutely. But I'm not gonna f*** with a kids confidence at this stage of the season. Let him know he has the coaches trust to work out of what he is in right now.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Among the other gaffes on the broadcast last night did anyone else find hilarious/infuriating that ESPN had Kakkos goal drought at "9+" games. I laughed out loud when it was said and THEN followed by a graphic that literally said "9+"

How hard is it to put an actual number lmao

Also I don't get the grief with the kid line. Yes they've been cold for a couple months, but that directly follows a couple months (when we righted the ship on the entire season) where they basically carried the teams offense at even strength. Just give them some grace, slumps happen, and the rest of the forwards have been great anyway. Feels nitpicky for no reason.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Among the other gaffes on the broadcast last night did anyone else find hilarious/infuriating that ESPN had Kakkos goal drought at "9+" games. I laughed out loud when it was said and THEN followed by a graphic that literally said "9+"

How hard is it to put an actual number lmao

Yeah, I caught that too. I had the same reaction, but perhaps the "+" meant they were including the Pens game being played.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Chytil needs to sit before Kakko, who’s drought has been going on much longer than Kakko.
Chytil is at least skating.

The line is really struggling with getting into the zone and establishing a forecheck. They look hesitatnt and discombobulated.

Kakko needs to automatically move the puck if he has it in the neutral zone. He is way too slow.

Reactions: LokiDog

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Mika Zibanejad, a force to behold,
Consuming lentils, his story is told.
In massive quantities, he devours,
Fueling his body, gaining more powers.

The lentils, a source of protein and might,
Help him crush penguins, with all his might.
On the ice, he dominates,
Scoring goals, leaving opponents in his wake.

With every lentil, he grows stronger,
A force to be reckoned with, no longer
Will anyone stand in his way,
As he consumes his lentils day by day.

So beware, little penguins, be on guard,
For Mika Zibanejad is coming hard,
Fuelled by his lentils, he's unstoppable,
Crushing all who stand in his path, it's undeniable.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
no reason not to smack them tonight.

Have we had Halak and Shesty playing well at the same time?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
C8tQAPJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad