GDT: Game 7 - SKA vs Torpedo - September 21 10am EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Rotenberg sure seems to be playing with your psyche.

I think Demidov is fine and having to step up his game regularly to get his icetime is not going to hurt his development, on the contrary.
Yeah right nothing wrong with my psyche. I'm calling it like I see it and I don't think I'm wrong.
Honestly I don't really give a shit because it was expected from day one.
Demidov is fine because he has a stellar character.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Not putting Demidov on the ice for 5 on 3s tells me it's not about putting "wins above development".

There's just no way the coach thinks he's better off without him on a 5 on 3. I think they are focusing on development more than wins they are just braindead when it comes how to develop prospects.

I'd more readily believe they think benching him for 5 on 3s is good for him, than I would believe they think benching him for 5 on 3s will help them score.

Reactions: Rapala

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
So much hysteria and over analyzing in these threads.

People obsessed with whether he gets goals and assists rather than how well he is playing. As long as the kid continues to play well and progress, the numbers aren't very important. Posters are literally running straight to the main boards with evidence of their new Demigod with goals and assists as their evidence to display to their tribal opposition who will not accept the evidence anyways lol.

Just enjoy watching him play, he will be here next year so no need to throw sh*t at every teammate/coach who is perceived to have slighted him. Such a strange way to watch a game.....building/protecting a bias/narrative instead of just being objective and acknowledging that it is a sport where things don't always end as you like.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

People obsessed with whether he gets goals and assists rather than how well he is playing. As long as the kid continues to play well and progress, the numbers aren't very important.

Just enjoy watching him play, he will be here next year so no need to throw sh*t at every teammate/coach who is perceived to have slighted him. Such a strange way to watch a game.....building/protecting a bias/narrative instead of just being objective and acknowledging that it is a sport where things don't always end as you like.

Stop being hysterical.

People discussing a prospect's usage, on the prospect's thread on a hockey forum, is totally normal.

Not sure why you are letting it bother you so much.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I’d be concerned if he wasn’t playing well with the limited ice team, but he’s apparently playing great with limited ice time. No reason to worry here.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016

People obsessed with whether he gets goals and assists rather than how well he is playing. As long as the kid continues to play well and progress, the numbers aren't very important. Posters are literally running straight to the main boards with evidence of their new Demigod with goals and assists as their evidence to display to their tribal opposition who will not accept the evidence anyways lol.

Ok you're right..I'm objectively pissed at the coach and his teammates not having the required IQ awareness to his natural talent out there and make good use of it.

I expected more from this team/management

Yes it's only 7 games but man.. we all see it and we actually do know a little bit about the sport don't we as avid long-term fans ?

Maybe it will be good for him in the long run for sure but in the meantime the kid needs to keep his confidence up and part of it is giving him all the opportunities possible when he's one of the best if not the best since the season started..

Just my 2 cents ✌️

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Rotenberg sure seems to be playing with your psyche.

I think Demidov is fine and having to step up his game regularly to get his icetime is not going to hurt his development, on the contrary.
He badly needs to step it up. At his most current up-to-the-minute pace, he is on track to end the season with only 6 points.

Last edited:

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Yes even more i’d…i’d be hella annoyed lol

Actually had no clue lol thanks for correcting me.

i've explained it literally one post before yours few months ago ;)

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Rottenberg is winning. Maybe he could run up the score more with Demidov. Maybe he can get a couple of wins more in the long run with more Demidov usage. But if SKA is doing well and does well in the playoff, he’s done his job.

Reactions: overlords and Tyson

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Yes OV and EV are possessive endings.

It means belonging to, same as female names ending in OVA for the most part. So Ivanov means belonging to Ivan, so whomever last name is Ivanov, his father's name is likely Ivan.

Same as if you see a Russian with a last name ending in ski, it means they have noble ancestry.
There's also "in" endings, but you need to be a dictator to earn it, Lenin, Stalin, Putin..

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not putting Demidov on the ice for 5 on 3s tells me it's not about putting "wins above development".

There's just no way the coach thinks he's better off without him on a 5 on 3. I think they are focusing on development more than wins they are just braindead when it comes how to develop prospects.

I'd more readily believe they think benching him for 5 on 3s is good for him, than I would believe they think benching him for 5 on 3s will help them score.
It goes beyond that. His entire body of work shows he deserves more rope.
Could you imagine the turmoil in our market if that happened here.
I'll stick to my guns there isn't a coach in the better league who would have done that.
Heck our coaches would be falling all over themselves trying to call a time out if they felt he was gassed. :laugh:

Bogdan was right nobody talks about him lol

Did he play well?
He played well enough that Igor had him playing critical minutes if that counts for anything.

Reactions: Canadienna

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Stop being hysterical.

People discussing a prospect's usage, on the prospect's thread on a hockey forum, is totally normal.

Not sure why you are letting it bother you so much.
Yeah I love these comments that come flying in from the nethernet over reacting to over reaction. :laugh:
Meanwhile the people who have been hanging around all day watching the actual game get it.
They get that there is a lot of tongue in cheek humor involved.
Particularly from people who remain consistent with their takes and how they present them.

Reactions: Canadienna

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Demidov will face lots of adversity this year Vs a men’s league and he will face the same next year.
Some of the best lessons are understood this way. Plus we all know the Russians have a way of beating the prima Dona out of players, lol.

Reactions: jaffy27

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Feeling just mad because Demidov is the best player in SKA team, play better than Kuznetsov and just get 12 freaking minutes.

Rotten"BUG" said just weeks before: "Demidov will be in NHL until if Habs are able to play him in their 1st line"

HE DON'T EVEN CRACK YOUR DUMPFIRE TOP 6, dumbass

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Is it too early to say we got the most creative player in the draft?
I like Macklin Celebrini but I'm not sure he possesses the better individual skills. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad