Kings Video: Game 7 of the 1993 Western Conference Finals - Kings v. Maple Leafs (Full Game)

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Someone uploaded this to YouTube recently, and since we've got some days off until the next game, I thought now would be a good time to post it.

Probably one of the greatest moments in franchise history. Gretzky's hat trick lead LA to a 5-4 victory over Toronto at historic Maple Leaf Gardens, sending LA to the Stanley Cup finals.

Enjoy.

1st Period
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=segkaqr9d-E

2nd Period
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdhMzFVXIKM

3rd Period
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxAZL-83KN0

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I live in Toronto and hate the Leafs. I was at a tennis tourney north of Toronto with a bunch of my teammates when LA won it and I had to leave the chalet because I wanted to cheer but I was pretty sure I'd get killed. My doubles partner's famous words: one word and you're going in the river! So I clapped a hand over my mouth and left!

Ron*

I'll never forget the moment. I was in a hotel room in Phoenix watching the game's final moments, and jumping up and down screaming "We're going to the Finals! We're going to the Finals!"

My wife had to shush me, I was so loud I was disturbing the other hotel guests. :laugh:

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I was at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for basic training from may to July of 93 and missed the entire run. My dad would send me newspaper clippings.

Hoping I get to see one this year.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
First NHL game I've ever watched on italian TV.
I was 18 at the time, and that was the day I became a Kings fan.
For no apparent reason at the end of the game I was jumping in front of my tv, with my parents asking me what the **** was going on...my love for this jersey begun that day.

Last edited:

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
I remember my reaction to the finish of this game like it was only a few days ago. Why does it seem so fresh? Because only a few days ago I had a reaction to the finish of another Kings game that made me feel somewhere near as good. For the first time in 11 years.

I hope to have that reaction three more times this year. Although the third one might put me in my grave!

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Wow. That was awesome. 2 fortunate bounces led to those last 2 goals.

Let's do this again, 19 years later!

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
1993 Western Conference Finals, Kings vs. Maple Leafs.

Game 6 airing at 7 p.m. tonight on Prime Ticket.
Game 7 airing at 9:30 tonight on Prime Ticket.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Remember this just like it was yesterday. My parents were at a wedding and my buddy who was also a Kings fan I went to Highschool with came over and we got drunk after the Kings won it.

Still remember Mike Donnelly's goal with about 4 minutes in the 3rd period and then the Gretzky goal about a minute later when he banked a shot off Dave Ellett's skate from behind the Leafs net. Greatest game Gretzky played that night.

I remember the media was on him all series. What a clutch performance that night. Think I still have the game on VHS somewhere. :laugh:

Ron*

Ah, Prime Ticket, never change. :pout:

According to my DVR TV schedule and http://www.locatetv.com/listings/fox-sports-prime-ticket-hd, Game 6 and Game are schedule to be airing now and at 9:30, respectively. Teasing us fans.

It says so also right on my channel guide. Then Prime Ticket has something about a "weather delay" that is causing a delay in programming.

Last I looked outside, it's sunny and clear.

**** PT. I really wanted to see that game 6 replay.

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
so the Kings replay has been preempted by Major League Lacrosse for at least another hour at least.

Ron*

I didn't even know LaCrosse had a major league. Considering the level of attendance, it might disappear as quietly as it appeared.

Ron*

It's on now.

My God, Bob looks so young, and Jim Fox never ages. LOL

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I remember I had to work the night of this game. I found out the score, and called my Dad who is a big Leafs fan, and asked him how the game was. I remember the response I got as clear as day? The response I got was, "**** off". :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad