GDT: Game 7: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 7pm ET, MSG

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
The problem with comparing it to Bob's deal is that Bob's contract is a bad contract. Why would we want to match that?
The Bob contract was bad because Bob has insane swings between good and bad. If he’s consistently elite it would’ve looked a lot different.
I’m not advocating for it, just pointing out there were runs where Spencer was the starter or stolarz. Where Bob was just awful.

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
Florida knows how to defend Panarin better than any other team IMO. They aren't afraid to challenge him whereas other teams seem to play more off (fear of getting embarrassed?).
Either Panarin has to move the puck quicker or they should use him more like a decoy to draw coverage away from Laf and Tro.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
it wasn’t a bad period but it does need to be better. the D in particular need to be way more decisive with plays out of the zone
That’s the difference, Trouba rushing and forcing a puck up the boards instead of picking his head up and seeing he had time is unacceptable really. Cannot feed floridas forecheck.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The Bob contract was bad because Bob has insane swings between good and bad. If he’s consistently elite it would’ve looked a lot different.
I’m not advocating for it, just pointing out there were runs where Spencer was the starter or stolarz. Where Bob was just awful.
Bob, as a whole, has been a below average starting goalie since he joined Florida and as you said he's lost his job multiple times including in the playoffs. He had one good playoff run.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Florida finally felt like he earned his money during his run to the Finals in 2023, where he didn't even begin the playoffs as the starter. He was brilliant during that run & he's been pretty consistent since. Before that he was very up & down.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
mancini looked very much like a rookie in that period...not surprising...that was an entirely different level of hockey than he's seen yet. interested to see if he settles in now.

laf and chytil were flying....if only they hit the net

panarin didn't add much. reilly smith was the only guy i noticed on that whole line. 4th line was going...would like to see the troch and chytil line get leaned on here, and until they show a pulse would have the mika line playing 4th line mins. tbc only talking about this game....get the guys who are going that night on the ice as much as you can

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
*sits backwards on chair*

Why is that, Will? Go ahead and explain that joke, Will.
For some reason I saw this:

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad