Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - Nashville 4 BRUINS 0

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Same man and like an idiot after preparing for bed I rolled back over when the 3rd started instead of just sleeping, what a waste of my precious time....
So this dumb ass stayed up until the end, knowing I had to be up at 430 tor my wife's surgery.....well I got up at 345
Surgery was fine....

Actually I turned it off after the empty netter

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Right now they aren’t playing like a team who’s going to be anything more then a team battling for a lower playoff spot

Be ironic if they got bigger for the playoffs and didn’t make

It’s pretty easy
1. Start playing better and with urgency and get on a roll
2. If not Coach goes
3. If new voice doesn’t work it’s probably a busy offseason

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Tortorella may be just what this roster needs, if veterans can handle his style.

Rotting with the awful Flyers. A coach who would drive a physical, forechecking, effort first system and allow for toughness. Short term investment for long term gain, this team lacks identity in a way it has not in a long time.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I don't know, I keep seeing his name tossed out there but having Peeke in the top 4 seems like a terrible idea, not to mention if he goes down who's the next option. Wotherspoon and Mitchell?
I hear ya there and I'm also Leary. He's big and plays a shutdown role. Just want to see Johnson and Lysell before they do anything crazy

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I hear ya there and I'm also Leary. He's big and plays a shutdown role. Just want to see Johnson and Lysell before they do anything crazy
For sure, game 20 they can start to be crazy, I'm not a Monty hater but I'd start there simply because he's without a contract and it's easier to replace him than to trade a guy like Carlo and which just creates a new hole.

Reactions: TobanWest

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It's so weird to be at the bottom of the spectrum of what fans expect from/think of this team while also thinking everyone is overreacting.

Like, after seven games a lot of my fears have been on full display, but it's still only seven games so we don't actually know anything yet.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Tortorella may be just what this roster needs, if veterans can handle his style.

Rotting with the awful Flyers. A coach who would drive a physical, forechecking, effort first system and allow for toughness. Short term investment for long term gain, this team lacks identity in a way it has not in a long time.
I was thinking the same thing after I saw Philly lose another game tonight

Torts might be just what the doctor ordered to light a fire under this team's ass.. but would the B's hire Torts??

..maybe they're waiting for Philly to fire him before they oust Monty

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's so weird to be at the bottom of the spectrum of what fans expect from/think of this team while also thinking everyone is overreacting.

Like, after seven games a lot of my fears have been on full display, but it's still only seven games so we don't actually know anything yet.
It's kinda weird. This is the Bruins team I expected last year. Losing Krejci and Bergeron I was like "okay, the glory days are over but there's enough guts left where they can grind out a wild card spot"

They decidedly did better through the power of losing 257 games in overtime.

This year I come in with still relatively tempered expectations. "Okay well they got better on paper so they should be at least top 3 in the division"

Annnd they look like total trash to start. No scoring to speak of and that advantage they had of starting either of their goalies and feeling really good about winning is now gone.

I think we'll get a better idea of what these team looks like against two of the leagues better teams in the Stars and Leafs (yeah yeah I know lol leafs, but they matter until the calendar turns to April)

Reactions: BTO and EverettMike

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Honestly I don't know if that is the case or not. I did think at the time they were spending way too much time looking at the kids instead of preparing for the season. And here we are...
yeah not at all sure myself but I`m almost certain I heard on a broadcast, not even sure it was for a B`s game that the vets pretty much tell the coaches how many games they feel they`ll need to be ready and they go from there but I`ve been wrong a million times before so who knows

one of the most overrated coaches out there, he`d lose the room in a week

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I gotta say that I don't think the problem is a matter of just changing the lines. It's not about having forecheckers, it's about not having enough highly skilled players.
Sure, but then you play a high-intensity, dump and chase, heavy forechecking game, with, you know, bodies and pucks to the net, and get greasy goals. Was working perfectly fine for the 4th line. You have 4 lines doing that (not saying they have the guys to do that on 4 lines) and you have the Florida Panthers. I thought that was the point this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad