Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - Nashville 4 BRUINS 0

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

The front office saying they wanted to be bigger, more physical, and tougher to play against like Florida missed the fact that FLA has a highly skilled, productive top 6 that balances out the bigger, physical piece. Getting bigger and slower and less skilled like Boston has year over year is why they look like complete shit this season. Florida has a top 6, Boston has Pasta and a bunch of bottom 6 players slotted up.
Come on man, are you seriously going to argue Marchand, Coyle & Zacha didn't produce like top 6 forwards NHL wide last year? They had 5 legitimate top 6 forwards
coming into camp. Marchand, Coyle and Zacha are clearly having issues and oviously aren't producing at top 6F level. However pushing the panic button 7 games in is crazy.

Would be nice if you qualified your statement that Coyle and Zacha aren't top 6 Forwards for what you would view as the top 8-10 teams in the NHL. At least
thats a reasonable argument.

• Haha
Reactions: USGRANT and LSCII

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Regardless of how bad they are playing I am thrilled that I do not have to see Grizz and Heinen in Bruins uniforms. I will take Kastelic and Zadorov over those two every day.
Ironically Gryz had an assist last night and Heinen had 2 goals. The two of them had 3 combined points more than their entire former team had

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook and Ladyfan

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It's on the players and coach for not conditioning themselves before the start of the season. They look like beer leaguers out there, and that might be a slight on players that play in beer leagues.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Montgomery clearly failed to manage the preseason.

He also has clearly failed to build a system for success for this type of roster. Clone Florida's simple yet effective system.

Separating coach from person and his time is ending soon at this rate. Soft, dull hockey is not what Bruins fans want.

Stunned Jones did not try to offset the penalties and his poor start with even a token fight. Mccarron and Lauzon are always willing....

PP ineffective. PK not the typical elite. Uninspiring hockey, little emotion, no attempt at physicality.

I expected lack of offense with this roster but that was supposed to be overcome with size, grit, and toughness....

This early start is also confirming the fact that Frederic is merely complementary and invisible far more than not. He should be paid as such or traded.
I agree , there were many times last night where Bruins forwards could have attacked the puck with an agressive forecheck but simply peeled back allowing the Pred player to gain control comfortably. When they did gain the offensive blue line they would dump but not chase. With the size of this current team they should be trying to wear down opponents like Fla does , outside of the 4th line I don't see it happening .

Is it okay to trash Frederick now?
Based on their play you can trash every player not named Kastelic, Kopke , Beecher or Swayman

Reactions: BTO

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Come on man, are you seriously going to argue Marchand, Coyle & Zacha didn't produce like top 6 forwards NHL wide last year? They had 5 legitimate top 6 forwards
coming into camp. Marchand, Coyle and Zacha are clearly having issues and oviously aren't producing at top 6F level. However pushing the panic button 7 games in is crazy.

Would be nice if you qualified your statement that Coyle and Zacha aren't top 6 Forwards for what you would view as the top 8-10 teams in the NHL. At least
thats a reasonable argument.
Marchand is coming off of 343 surgeries this off-season and is 36. Coyle is coming off a career season and that appears to be an anomaly at this point. Coyle also lost his top 6 spot 2 years earlier to Erik Haula. He’s not a top 6 guy. He’s a 3rd line center they’ve slotted up out of necessity. Zacha is a 2nd line player ideally, but here he gets slotted up to the top line, again out necessity.

But let’s do this a different way. If they honestly have a solid top 6 like you profess, why do they look so offensively inept?,

Reactions: BTO

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Two of the sloppiest excuses I’ve ever seen for hockey games in a row. As someone said in the GDT, it’s like the puck weighs 100lbs for them. They literally can’t play hockey with a puck. It’s brutal.
It was sloppy and it was the whole team that was off.

There are quite a few new guys, and I get that it often takes time for chemistry to develop but to me it seems like we should be a better team than what we have seen. I still believe it will get better.

The last two seasons the Bs were supposed to suck at the start due to players being out, but they were excellent. I think we are spoiled.

Bs need to try and stay out of the box.

On to the next one :crossfing

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Marchand is coming off of 343 surgeries this off-season and is 36. Coyle is coming off a career season and that appears to be an anomaly at this point. Coyle also lost his top 6 spot 2 years earlier to Erik Haula. He’s not a top 6 guy. He’s a 3rd line center they’ve slotted up out of necessity. Zacha is a 2nd line player ideally, but here he gets slotted up to the top line, again out necessity.

But let’s do this a different way. If they honestly have a solid top 6 like you profess, why do they look so offensively inept?,
They are at G7 how about you let shit playout for the next 15 game before determining #63 can't improve his game and Coyle improves his. Go look at the DNQ's of last year (half the NHL) and not a snowballs chance in hell they weren't top 6 players.

So after 7GP this year, you're calling it's done deal that #63\13 can't recover?

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
View attachment 920337

Zero chemistry.
Coyle made two passes that totally mystified me.Both times not a Bruin around except Preds.
Swayman did the best he could. What can one say.

I think Don and Cam need to have a little pow-wow when they get home.
They should have already had it. Nashville got O'Reilly 4.5 mil, we got Elias 8 mil, maybe Neely should bring that up in the pow-wow

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Up to 10 now - Heinen scored 2 goals tonight while Acciari, M. Johansson, Seguin, R. Smith, JVR, Bertuzzi, Hall, Donato and C. Miller ( I had no idea he was playing with Winnipeg this season or even still in the NHL ) also found the back of the net.
Should have kept Danton. He was so versatile. He could play on any line without complaining.

Saros played well and the B's were shorthanded for what felt like way too much of the first 2 periods

If you're gonna get heavy, you need to play heavy. Otherwise this is what it looks like. Not enough skill to play like you have the 2022-2023 roster. No real identity right now. Last year was an underdog hustle mentality, so far this year it looks like some of the guys just expect things to fall into place.

All that said, would rather flounder now than later. Just hope they snap out of it at some point.
Good points.

Got to try and stay out of the box. I know it isn't always possible but yikes.

#91 spends far too much time in the box.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
View attachment 920463

Scary of how low the plus\minus drops after the effort of the 4th line.

I'm not sure as to why people wet themselves over Frederic when he is at best a fringe NHLer.
What is he? A scorer? An enforcer? An agitator? A grinder? A pylon? What?

Coyle is horrible. Absolutely horrible. His decisions with the puck is mind boggling. How one could justify the ice time he's getting is beyond me.

Pasta looked disinterested in the last two games. Perhaps he's marveling at his big bank account now.
Marchand hustling, grinding but is playing with an inept center man.
Zacha has had the most clear chances to score in most games but either hits the post or off the glass.
Zadorov...waiting for him to throw his first actual check
Really? He legitimately destroyed Jeannot twice, sent a Hab to oblivion.

He's not really an issue other than his minor penalties.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
That is one confused team and coaching staff.
You know that is a good point, don't just can Monty, the whole staff should be gone if there are any coaching changes. Monty is the coach, but don't lay it all on him, Sweeneys roster approved by Neely, and the players need to play. Cassidy was let go because he was too tough on the players, too fkn bad, and the players who could not handle it or the ones that wanted him gone are longer around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad