Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - Nashville 4 BRUINS 0

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
9/30/2024
4/30/23 would have been better. We need to go with someone like Iron Mike Keenan. Not him, but someone like him. Craig Berube would have been a good choice.

Someone needs to make guys like the lazy Coyle and Carlo more uncomfortable.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Also ~ this should have been a Korpisalo game with Swayman getting back to backs vs Dallas and the Leafs
Agree. I was surprised Sway started this one. At the very least we could have blamed the loss on Korpse and simply moved on from it to face Dallas with Sway. I wonder what Jay Leach would have done?

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
These last two games were great. They put both me and my 10 month old right to sleep! Never felt so rested.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

Babajingo

Time to tank for 2-3 years. Nothing good will come out of this current team.

Now Sweeney, Neely and "Monty" are not the people you want around leading a rebuild.
If/when they rebuild (btw, they never will, with this owner), the current FO is the people I would have do it.
I've said it before, be ready for a decade of
"good enough to barely make the playoffs, not good enough to win a round"

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bruins owe me a couple hours of sleep for that one

If/when they rebuild (btw, they never will, with this owner), the current FO is the people I would have do it.
I've said it before, be ready for a decade of
"good enough to barely make the playoffs, not good enough to win a round"
They might not be good enough to barely squeak in as of today

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
The team isn't on the same page and it's clear. They don't know what style they want to play when they hit the ice and are careless with the puck with all of the behind the back prayer passes. Swayman's numbers look awful but he's been holding back the barrage from all the lazy turnovers his team is giving up in front of him.
To be honest, I think they botched training camp and the exhibition games, gave the maybes, wannabes and kids too many games, didn’t play the regulars together enough. Not the whole problem obviously, but it’s a domino effect into these first seven games, other than the 4th line, there’s no chemistry or identity. Missed passes, D men knocking each other over(happened at least twice last night:help:), some horrible line changes. There’s time to right the ship, but the clock is ticking and Monty certainly hears it.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Please land Jones and Tufte on the moon...Jones i dont get it with this guy, he s not an nhler at all...put them on waivers...but the rest is not good this team is in deep trouble...Hoo and i forgot, Lohrei, this guy is not a D, cannot defend, dont want to mix physicaly ...need to watch the game from the press conference for a couple game

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Everyone said that Jay Leach was this defenseman whisperer, all I see this year is a D playing miles below their capabilities, early returns, but so far not looking like a good hire.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thank god they went out and filled all those holes on the bottom of the roster instead of spending that money to fix the holes at the top of it. Otherwise we’d be dealing with a team that could score goals and who needs that in their lives?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Montgomery clearly failed to manage the preseason.

He also has clearly failed to build a system for success for this type of roster. Clone Florida's simple yet effective system.

Separating coach from person and his time is ending soon at this rate. Soft, dull hockey is not what Bruins fans want.

Stunned Jones did not try to offset the penalties and his poor start with even a token fight. Mccarron and Lauzon are always willing....

PP ineffective. PK not the typical elite. Uninspiring hockey, little emotion, no attempt at physicality.

I expected lack of offense with this roster but that was supposed to be overcome with size, grit, and toughness....

This early start is also confirming the fact that Frederic is merely complementary and invisible far more than not. He should be paid as such or traded.

Last edited:

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Montgomery clearly failed to manage the preseason.

He also has clearly failed to build a system for success for this type of roster. Clone Florida's simple yet effective system.

Stunned Jones did not try to offset the penalties and his poor start with even a token fight. Mccarron and Lauzon are always willing....

PP ineffective. PK not the typical elite. Uninspiring hockey, little emotion, no attempt at physicality.

I expected lack of offense with this roster but that was supposed to be overcome with size, grit, and toughness....

This early start is also confirming the fact that Frederic is merely complementary and invisible far more than not. He should be paid as such or traded.
I say traded but what would be the return ???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad