GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Crazy how many people argued that's "always called"
Since that call on Holl, I've counted at least 4 times that it wasn't called against Leaf opponents. Mind you, that was regular season games, so that penalty is in the rule book with a note for it to be only called against the Leafs if they score a playoff goal.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
My emotional side is telling me it’s just typical leafs setting me up for heartbreak. But my brain keeps pointing to the many differences this year that bring me more confidence than years past - despite #34 likely being out.

It’s our time now. Long overdue, but better late than never. If we can get over this hump there is no telling how far we can go.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Justin Holl skating into the Tampa Bay player on purpose with the intent to create a lane for John Tavares. It was a planned and deliberate pick, which is interference.

The correct call was made, regardless of any other calls or non-calls.
No way. It was a rookie referee who got overwhelmed in the moment of a very loud rink in Amalie Arena.

Reactions: ashs

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If the Leafs can shut down Florida's offense the way they have Boston's offense, I will be changing my tune about round 3.
The Bruins offence is Pasta and Marchand and a bunch of black holes. You can count the Panther's black holes on one hand. The Panthers are a different beast from top to bottom. Continue averaging two goals per game and it will be a short series.

Reactions: theTTC

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Nonsense. If you don’t agree with my assessment then tell me where specifically you think I’m wrong.

Picks are almost never called and especially so in the playoffs, but even when they are it’s because a) the player being impeded had body position, or the player using the pick did so with excessive force, neither of which applies to this play.
I would think it's almost never called because it's almost never done. At least in that obvious of a way.
If guys are just coming out of a scrum for the puck and they can't get to the carrier cleanly because of a pick it's not going to be called.
If a defenseman skates from the blue line down to the puck carrier and does nothing but interfere with a defending player, it might get called. It's not basketball so guys don't do that.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Justin Holl skating into the Tampa Bay player on purpose with the intent to create a lane for John Tavares. It was a planned and deliberate pick, which is interference.

The correct call was made, regardless of any other calls or non-calls.
Watch tonight - again. Bruins pick every Leaf forward trying to enter to forecheck. Every. Time. Never a call.

Reactions: ashs

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Bruins offence is Pasta and Marchand and a bunch of black holes. You can count the Panther's black holes on one hand. The Panthers are a different beast from top to bottom. Continue averaging two goals per game and it will be a short series.
Agreed. Losing Bennett is tough for Florida, but even without him they will be a bigger test than Boston. One interesting point is that Bob's numbers in the first round were not good, so that could be helpful for the Leafs.

Reactions: ToneDog

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
As someone else correctly said, Boston is broken. I get that people are stressed about this game, but I think it will be over after the first period.

I found you funny throughout the regular season. You are pushing it now..

edit: I somewhat agree, the first period will be huge !!! GLG

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Positive things to occur tonight to cause events to finally start trending towards the reasonable statistical expections: Leafs PP scores two, Leafs PK shines, JT scores, a Leafs D-man scores, a Leafs bottom sixer scores, and we get 4 or more goals.

It's like Domi and Bertuzzi being offensively dry for most of the season, then it came in a flurry to get them nearer to expected averages of goals and assists.

Reactions: aingefan

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
I feel that the mentality with Matthews in the lineup is that the saviour is in and he will do everything.

Without him in the lineup the guys play their fullest knowing there is no Matthews to save their behinds.

The paradox of having a superstar.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Go Leafs go!!! Let’s go boys let’s do this!!
1714847356430.gif

Reactions: aingefan

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Keefe mind fking Montgomery is something I thought I would never say

I feel that the mentality with Matthews in the lineup is that the saviour is in and he will do everything.

Without him in the lineup the guys play their fullest knowing there is no Matthews to save their behinds.

The paradox of having a superstar.
It really is .. across all pro sports. Band comes together.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
As someone else correctly said, Boston is broken. I get that people are stressed about this game, but I think it will be over after the first period.

Just like the last two times Leafs came back down 3-1 against them, right?

What a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad