GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Tampa player had no ownership of that ice. Why Holl moves there is irrelevant. It’s a straight line movement, no change of trajectory. They simply moved into the same ice. If Holl had changed his route to the same result then it’s a penalty, but that wasn’t the case.

Justin Holl tried to fool the referee, and it didn't work. He did, apparently, fool you.....

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
Right? We never saw that once last year in the playoffs. Not one time did we look like that against TB, win or lose, these guys have shown me something I can get behind.
My personal belief is it’s the Tre effect.

Dubas was in Keefes ear about a particular vision and style of play. Now we have Tre who understands the playoffs and what is required. Tre has changed the culture to play a style of playoff hockey.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Justin Holl tried to fool the referee, and it didn't work. He did, apparently, fool you.....

Nonsense. If you don’t agree with my assessment then tell me where specifically you think I’m wrong.

Picks are almost never called and especially so in the playoffs, but even when they are it’s because a) the player being impeded had body position, or the player using the pick did so with excessive force, neither of which applies to this play.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
My personal belief is it’s the Tre effect.

Dubas was in Keefes ear about a particular vision and style of play. Now we have Tre who understands the playoffs and what is required. Tre has changed the culture to play a style of playoff hockey.

Did Tre start telling him to play like that in game 5? Did he forget the first 4 games?

I think more than likely it is because their back is against the wall and they are doing everything they can right now.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Did Tre start telling him to play like that in game 5? Did he forget the first 4 games?

I think more than likely it is because their back is against the wall and they are doing everything they can right now.
You have to give credit to Tre for the change in the type of personnel acquired. The size , toughness and grit has come through the last few games and is making it tough to play against us. And it's rubbing off on the kids.

Reactions: Sypher04

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
leafs-dressing-room-pucks-3-of-16-png.864130

Losing to Bruins again in the series; no can't stomach that. Its too painful! So screw the Bruins. Let the voodoo and name calling continue: So LEAFS WAKE THE F UP AND STAY THE F AWAKE

The EPIC COMEBACK CONTINUES !

3 down 13 more wins to go!!!
voodoo-doll-boston-bruins.gif

8opjo3.jpg

8oycrt.jpg

8oy7vx.jpg

8oy8aj.jpg

8oy8ml.jpg

8oy8w0.jpg

8oy98m.jpg

8oy9ln.jpg

8oy9z2.jpg

8oyaei.jpg

8oh888.jpg

THE RING OF FIRE TO PROTECT THE NET AT ALL COST

8oybkh.jpg

LEAFS EXPECTED LINE UP
(No real reason for a change up unless Matthews is good to go)
View attachment 864479

View attachment 864481
View attachment 864482

BRUINS EXPECTED LINE UP
(don't think much will change TBD of course except may be their 3rd pair D?... Swayman? Ullmark? :dunno:)
View attachment 864484
View attachment 864486
View attachment 864487

Since cheering saying GLG and being a good guy doesn't work. Here is something new that we hope works. CONTINUE TO EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE :laugh:
8ogze3.gif

There will be time for "Respect" either in the post series thread on the mains, or post game threads here on Leafs forum or in the handshake line ;).

But that time is not yet; the time now is still for WAR!

Great moments are born when great opportunity knocks. Legends are born when they rise against adversity and achieve glory!

Get ANGRY. Get READY. GO WIN!
screenshot_2024-04-20-18-54-41-2-png.857829

SLAY THE DRAGON! WIN THE SERIES!
1e9afac9d95f449f5968d8bd8bb155da.jpg

Great job! "Stop effing crying bro. Today you die" killed me 😂

Nylander I effing love that you told them hockey players shouldn't cry during the game because their feelings got hurt !!!*

Winlader hattrick so we can finish this series with Styles!!!

*edit: At least in the NHL, apparently it's not frowned upon in juniors.

• Love
Reactions: PromisedLand

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Robertson - Matthews - Holmberg

Shelter this line and keep the top six the same
Move Tavares on the third with Robertson and holmberg and Matthews can slot on the second with nylander and knies while we keep that domi line in tact. It's been effective the past couple games

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You have to give credit to Tre for the change in the type of personnel acquired. The size , toughness and grit has come through the last few games and is making it tough to play against us. And it's rubbing off on the kids.

We've always had these types... I've been impressed with Domi/Lub, not much else, and we've also had one of those two before.

Domi is also small and not super gritty... he is tough though and will fight or do some rough stuff, but between the whistles, he is more of a skilled player.

Regardless, I am happy and cheering them on, if Tre gets all the credit, I don't care, as long as they keep winning. If the key to success was to have Reaves as a cheerleader instead of Simmonds, then great.

How they are playing also doesn't work with Samsanov, only with Woll playing how he is, so I am very happy he has stepped up, otherwise, we are losing these games 3-2 because Sammy let in a stinker and couldn't make the big saves.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Got to be careful to what they do with the lineup with Matthews back. I hope he's not rushing it because of the magnitude of the game, he needs to be effective.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
We've always had these types... I've been impressed with Domi/Lub, not much else, and we've also had one of those two before.

Domi is also small and not super gritty... he is tough though and will fight or do some rough stuff, but between the whistles, he is more of a skilled player.

Regardless, I am happy and cheering them on, if Tre gets all the credit, I don't care, as long as they keep winning. If the key to success was to have Reaves as a cheerleader instead of Simmonds, then great.

How they are playing also doesn't work with Samsanov, only with Woll playing how he is, so I am very happy he has stepped up, otherwise, we are losing these games 3-2 because Sammy let in a stinker and couldn't make the big saves.
Domi , Bertuzzi , Edmundson and Benoit are all better than anything Dubas acquired and are going to be big reasons for moving on if we do. Reaves also outplayed what Simmonds gave us by a fair margin down the stretch.

Reactions: Altair

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Domi , Bertuzzi , Edmundson and Benoit are all better than anything Dubas acquired and are going to be big reasons for moving on if we do. Reaves also outplayed what Simmonds gave us by a fair margin down the stretch.

Schenn was better than them all (maybe not Domi, I like his game) and I think Edmundson should be in the press box, but whatever you think.

Reactions: aingefan

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Schenn was better than them all (maybe not Domi, I like his game) and I think Edmundson should be in the press box, but whatever you think.

I love how Luke Schenn has become the defining face of toughness in the Dubas era all of a sudden. Still remember what people were saying about him on the eve of reacquiring him. Just here as a 7th defenseman, not fit to play with Rielly, etc.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good sign on Matthew’s. I’m no skating coach, but his push off from standing still looked good. No sign of a limp, crossovers looked good, pivots for the tip. Took a wrister. Who knows, maybe he’s dying inside and cooked for the next 8 hours after 15 min skate. I just hope they don’t damage something more by playing him. Whatever it is you know he’s dying not being able to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad