Pre-Game Talk: Game #7 Leafs (2-3-1) vs. Canes (4-0-0), 7pm Mon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
While the storyline will be framed as what response they have to the Pens humiliation this past weekend, I think most of us are still waiting for the response to the Habs humiliation 4 months ago.

Beatin the Habs in the opener wasnt a response? What should have been done?

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I wonder if the Leafs players go easy on Andersen, not wanting to embarrass him. Clearly wasn't rated by the organization and being a former team mate, they may feel like they're in a no win situation and don't want to come across as bully's.

axman15

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
I wonder if the Leafs players go easy on Andersen, not wanting to embarrass him. Clearly wasn't rated by the organization and being a former team mate, they may feel like they're in a no win situation and don't want to come across as bully's.

If this is the case, this team may be even more mentally fragile than we all realized…

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
People have forgotten that bullying is good.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Keep telling yourself that lmao

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

:laugh:

No joke though, we're at the point right now where this is actually a possibility.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Beatin the Habs in the opener wasnt a response? What should have been done?

I think you're confusing a direct response - beating a depleted Habs team in one game - to their response overall this season. Can you honestly look at this team today and say they look like a team on a mission, determined to put 5 straight first-round losses behind them?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Matthews finds the range tonight. Tavares as well. Power play gets one. Leafs win 5-3 with the empty netter

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Think it'll be like 2-1 or something low.

Keefe probably tipped over garbage cans and talked about defensive awareness... probably have 3 guys back all game, against a trap team.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Just another test for this group and how they respond. Tonight you are facing your pal Freddy who is out to prove it was a mistake to let him go. The Canes are going to come out flying for their new guy to get him a win.

How do the Leafs respond knowing the Canes will be amped up playing for Freddy plus the last times these teams play some Zamboni guy beat them.

If this team comes out flat it's time to look at the core and shock it by moving a piece.....well that piece is Marner then if that fails who knows what to do.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am expecting the Leafs to come back and show us that they are a truly talented team that has a back bone by scoring 3 goals tonight.

Final score: 7-3 after Carolina goes up 7-0.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think you're confusing a direct response - beating a depleted Habs team in one game - to their response overall this season. Can you honestly look at this team today and say they look like a team on a mission, determined to put 5 straight first-round losses behind them?

Any single win or win streak this year will not erase the pain of 5 straight playoff defeats. They shouldn't carry that burden. It's a new season. They can't win a playoff series in the regular season but they sure can mess it up and not even make the playoffs with bad performances.

I don't really care what they do in the regular season. They can go undefeated on the season from here or they can squeak into the playoffs on the last day. I just want playoff results. That's all.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I expect the Leafs to play well and win tonight, although they are playing the best team they have seen so far this year.

If they get swatted by a touchdown, as some are suggesting, that would be interesting and probably bring a knee jerk response from management (which might be well deserved.)

Again, I expect a win.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

It all depends on how you want to look at it I guess.

If you want to measure it in terms of effort, you can only go by looking at if they are outplaying their opponents and getting more opportunities. With the injuries, roster turnover and having one of the tougher schedules to start a season compared with other teams (Starting the season with a back to back, 3 in 4 and two back to backs against rested teams so far) how have the Leafs done for differentials?

Rankings this year (All situations):

Shots attempted differential: 1st in the NHL

Shot differential: 5th in the NHL

Scoring Chance differential: 3rd in the NHL

Expected Goal differential: 5th in the NHL

Actual Goal differential: 27th in the NHL

PDO(Team save%+shooting%): 27th in the NHL

Despite their tough schedule/injuries/tinkering, the Leafs appear to be one of the hardest-working teams in the league having no puck luck atm. I just hope their breakout comes against the Canes as they really do deserve a better record than their 2-3-1 so far.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Getting Burke/Wilson-era vibes right now from this team/fanbase.

I.e. one more humiliating home game in front of the 18,000 Scotiabank faithful could send all of Shanahan/Dubas/Keefe packing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad