GDT: Game 7: Ducks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ - Chayka in Jail Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The NHL finally decided to do something about our former GM fraudster.

upload_2021-1-26_0-40-8.png

XP2ovO0.jpg

The Arizona Coyotes' first-round pick in 2021 will be forfeited as the result of a penalty sanction due to violations of the NHL Combine Testing Policy during the 2019–20 NHL season. The penalty includes the forfeiture of a second-round pick in 2020.[4]

7O2FM6I.gif

Oh yeah there's a game too.

Prolly something like:

:coyotes
Caggiula - Schmaltz - Garland
Keller - Hayton - Kessel
Brassard - Dvorak - Pitlick
Crouse - Larsson - Fischer

Chychrun - Goligoski
Hjlamarsson - Demers
Oesterle - Soderstrom
Bush

Kuemper
Raanta (till he tweaks something pre-game)

:ducks
Deslauriers-Grant-Rowney
Comtois-Steel-Terry
Jones-Getzlaf-Rakell
Heinen-Henrique-Silfverberg

Lindholm-Shattenkirk
Fowler-Hakanpaa
Larsson-Welinski

Gibson
Miller

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Soderstrom sent back to the taxi squad.

Jordan Gross called up from the taxi squad and will play in his place.

(panic raging in 3.....2......1..........)

makes no sense, the kid had poise, played really well and there weren't any bad gaffes in the Dzone. Completely amazing that we wouldn't just keep him in there while OEL is out. Just remarkably sutpid.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Soderstrom sent back to the taxi squad.

Jordan Gross called up from the taxi squad and will play in his place.

(panic raging in 3.....2......1..........)

He did well in his first two games, but really early days and even on a development standpoint not a bad thing to step back/analyse/practice whilst ensuring someone else is getting involved. I think the key is getting him playing again relatively soon, same for Capo, and not have too long periods of 'watching'.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Are we hoping that Goligoski and Demers can play through their issues and find their groove? Maybe we don’t want to scratch them or dial back their minutes because that might delay them in getting back on track.

Or perhaps the thought is they’re being exposed with OEL out and those bigger minutes are too tough for them, let alone Soderstrom. Maybe he’s benefiting from being lower in the lineup and would actually struggle worse than them, if given a bigger role?

I just don’t trust Tocchet or Housley, frankly.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I don't think we can afford to scratch one right now. We can't play Soderstrom and Capo on the same night. Not with OEL already out.

The good news is both Demers and Goose showed signs of life last game.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Are we hoping that Goligoski and Demers can play through their issues and find their groove? Maybe we don’t want to scratch them or dial back their minutes because that might delay them in getting back on track.

Or perhaps the thought is they’re being exposed with OEL out and those bigger minutes are too tough for them, let alone Soderstrom. Maybe he’s benefiting from being lower in the lineup and would actually struggle worse than them, if given a bigger role?

I just don’t trust Tocchet or Housley, frankly.
I think the mindset is that Goligoski and Demers are vets and will indeed get back on track. They were both better the last game, hell I believe Goligoski was the shot block king. As long as the kids don't sit too long (as PSG said above) they should benefit.
Edit - having said that, I really want to see the kid play again and soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I think Soderstrom taking a game or 2 off is to give him some rest. He was roughed up a little bit in that final game against Vegas. The Ducks are another big physical team.

Soderstrom will draw back in soon. The team needs to keep the depth players as close to game ready as possible...they are going to be needed throughout this season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Are we hoping that Goligoski and Demers can play through their issues and find their groove?

They bounced back last game. I have to assume this coaching staff is more "on" guys than previously and won't tolerate extended stretches of lackadaisical play. Goligoski can sulk all he wants but being called out in front of the rest of the team in a video session sucks any way you slice it.

They also seem to be improving in their adherence and execution of the system as the games go on. Vegas played their best game and would have blown out the Sharks edition Coyotes by 5 goals.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm okay with rotating guys in and out with regards to the blueline. Especially with so many guys having expiring contracts. Need to see what we have at this level looking to next year. I just don't want to see guys sitting with no game time for a dozen games or more like we did to Hayton, Strome, Rundblad, etc, etc

Get Capo and Soderstrom real time. Evaluate Gross to see if he can handle being a 6/7.

We need to know what we're looking at rosterwise come free agency, draft, x-draft. Can't do that comfortably if we don't get them enough game time to settle in or strike out.

Prioritize evaluation and development this year. For once!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm okay with rotating guys in and out with regards to the blueline. Especially with so many guys having expiring contracts. Need to see what we have at this level looking to next year. I just don't want to see guys sitting with no game time for a dozen games or more like we did to Hayton, Strome, Rundblad, etc, etc

Get Capo and Soderstrom real time. Evaluate Gross to see if he can handle being a 6/7.

We need to know what we're looking at rosterwise come free agency, draft, x-draft. Can't do that comfortably if we don't get them enough game time to settle in or strike out.

Prioritize evaluation and development this year. For once!
ABSOLUTELY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad