GDT: Game 68: Wednesday Night Fever | Blackhawks @ Blues | 3/9/16 7 p.m. NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Come across to what? He had very little time to react to anything. He needed to stay where he did. He can't cover 2 guys at once.

I like Gus as well, but TvR is much more solid in his own end. We have enough offensive players, so Gus gets the short end of the stick. As for Rosy over TvR....ooof.

Seabrook was on the far side. Brower and the puck carrier were on the other side (Crawford's left). If he's going to protect to stop the puck carrier, he needs to come across the net. Unless I'm wrong, there was no one to Seabrooks right. So weather he's covering the puck carrier or Brower, he's not in position. He can't cover 2, but he didn't cover either.

I don't disagree on Desi misplaying it as well.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Seabrook was on the far side. Brower and the puck carrier were on the other side (Crawford's left). If he's going to protect to stop the puck carrier, he needs to come across the net. Unless I'm wrong, there was no one to Seabrooks right. So weather he's covering the puck carrier or Brower, he's not in position. He can't cover 2, but he didn't cover either.

I don't disagree on Desi misplaying it as well.

All 3 were on Crawfords left, Seabrook had the guy behind the net, as best as he could without over committing to him. he basically had the puck holder, and if he went to Brouwer, that would have left the puck holder free to go to the net. He was in a lose lose position.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Is there a way to search penalties by team? As in how many of each penalty a team takes in a given year. There is just no way over the past 5 years that anyone has as many too many men penalties as the Hawks have taken. I just dont get how a pro hockey team gets that many too many men infractions.

It's a shame that a dumb penalty like that was what changed the complexion of this game.

There was an in-game stat during this game or the last (v. Detroit) that showed Toronto leads the League this year with the most too-many-men penalties at 13 and Chicago is second or third with 11 or 10. Going by memory, the number of too-many-men penalties against Chicago have become more frequent in recent years.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
All 3 were on Crawfords left, Seabrook had the guy behind the net, as best as he could without over committing to him. he basically had the puck holder, and if he went to Brouwer, that would have left the puck holder free to go to the net. He was in a lose lose position.

Just watched again. Seabrook is more in the middle, but before the pass he steps away from Brower towards the far side. Again, he's not playing the puck or Brower. It's as if he feels theres someone on the far side when there isn't.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015021002&navid=DL|CHI|home

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I don't know. I mean Crawford was great all game, but I thought he was weirdly bad in the shootout (he's usually good in them). He only made one actual save.... the other two the players just missed the net or hit the post. Maybe he was just out of practice on the shootout. Hopefully there are no more this season.

I really hate losing to the Blues more than any other team so I feel like I am taking this loss harder than I should or that I normally would. Kruger is really missed on the PK. And the Hawks need to stop with the Too Many Men ... the most preventable of penalties.

At least Panarin got them a point, but too bad the boys couldn't pull out a win after he saved their ***** twice.

Yep. Crawford was slow on Brouwer's PP goal and was terrible in the shoot-out but the Hawk PK coverage in front of the crease was non-existent. You can't blame Crawford for either of the PP goals against - too bad that the shoot-out goals ruined an excellent game from our goalie.

Only the second shoot-out of the year (lowest in the league). Last 12/19 vs Buffalo. Rusty.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
There was an in-game stat during this game or the last (v. Detroit) that showed Toronto leads the League this year with the most too-many-men penalties at 13 and Chicago is second or third with 11 or 10. Going by memory, the number of too-many-men penalties against Chicago have become more frequent in recent years.

Interesting. I would love to see a stat with the last 5 years total. There is just no way Chicago isn't at the top.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Why do you hate playing the Blues?Recent history shows that its probably two points for the hawks tonight. Plus nothing is more satisfying than seeing that loser franchise and their hill-rod fans cry.

Why? Because the Blues typically run around trying to injure opponents. The risk of injury is always higher against the goon squad.

At least Ott is out - I'm not certain but I think Reaves has served his recent suspension and will be playing, if not a bit more timidly after getting dinged in the wallet.

"Again, Toews did return to the ice, yet he’s looked less than 100 percent. Andrew Shaw and Tomas Fleischmann are other Blackhawks to watch as far as possible injuries go during a physical rivalry game."

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09...letter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nhl

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
After watching the game with my son last night one thing that ticks me off since the Hawks had so much pp time the refs decided it was just too much so they let go an obvious hold (twice) by Blues D behind their net and obvious trip on Rozy.

Yes the Hawks could have done better and need to improve their pk, etc. (well doesn't every club need to improve something?) but this even up crap to keep the game close just has me pissed off.

One reason my Dad is so sick of sports.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
After watching the game with my son last night one thing that ticks me off since the Hawks had so much pp time the refs decided it was just too much so they let go an obvious hold (twice) by Blues D behind their net and obvious trip on Rozy.

Yes the Hawks could have done better and need to improve their pk, etc. (well doesn't every club need to improve something?) but this even up crap to keep the game close just has me pissed off.

One reason my Dad is so sick of sports.

I think it was in the 1st after the Blues had already had a penalty or two, but I remember Desi getting held behind the Blues' net and there was no call. It was pretty obvious too.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
I think it was in the 1st after the Blues had already had a penalty or two, but I remember Desi getting held behind the Blues' net and there was no call. It was pretty obvious too.

No no, haven't you heard? The "Refhawks" surely would have called that if such a thing happened... There's no way that the squeaky clean Blues could ever get away with a penalty when playing against all 10 of the Blackhawks plus Refs. :shakehead

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Penalties always even out and it is how it will always work unless we get robots for refs.

Hopefully, it's not as blatant in the playoffs. The other night was ridiculous. After the mistake on the major penalty ... the refs would do everything possible to even it up. Sadly, we all knew it was going to happen.

If the Blues decide to play that kind of borderline dirty hockey in the playoffs, they won't be bailed out by the refs.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hopefully, it's not as blatant in the playoffs. The other night was ridiculous. After the mistake on the major penalty ... the refs would do everything possible to even it up. Sadly, we all knew it was going to happen.

If the Blues decide to play that kind of borderline dirty hockey in the playoffs, they won't be bailed out by the refs.

Honestly we lost because we did not take advantage of our opportunities and the Blues did. Nothing more nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad