hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
82efb9f0-c740-11e3-8ab8-7d401f0cb95d_iQ2gZwNeT5WXL.gif

Will we get to see this tonight?

850496159.gif

160309-buzz-header.jpg

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015021002&navid=DL|CHI|home

THE FINAL WORD

Should St. Louis head to the penalty box on Wednesday, there will be a battle between two of the top special teams units in the NHL. The St. Louis penalty kill ranks No. 1 in the league at 86.6 percent, while the Blackhawks’ power play has scored at least a goal in four straight games and six of their last 12 opportunities. Whichever top-ranked unit prevails could be the difference in what should be a tight-checking, emotional game. The Blues have made the Central Division a three-team race after winning three in a row and seven of their last 10, and this matchup must be considered a “four-point game†for both sides. With just 15 games remaining for both teams, these two points are incredibly valuable as the Blues and Blackhawks jockey for playoff positioning—and potentially home ice advantage in the postseason.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Blues go into goon mode, it will be interesting how the Hawks respond. With the additions of Ladd, Weis and Flash, this team has more grit than it has had for quite a while.

According to Q, Hossa will be re-evaluated after morning skate and could play.

Last edited:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Q inferred yesterday Mashinter was playing tonight with Shaw at center and Rasmussen on wing? Q's love fest with Mashinter continues. If this is true it must mean Weise is scratched? You can tell already Q has a bug up his butt with Weise for some reason. He hasn't been real positive with comments about Weise. He just loves Mashinter. We heard alll these good things about Weise, Q needs to give him a chance

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Weise has been forgetful in his time as a Hawk. Mash at least brings some intensity

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Q inferred yesterday Mashinter was playing tonight with Shaw at center and Rasmussen on wing? Q's love fest with Mashinter continues. If this is true it must mean Weise is scratched? You can tell already Q has a bug up his butt with Weise for some reason. He hasn't been real positive with comments about Weise. He just loves Mashinter. We heard alll these good things about Weise, Q needs to give him a chance

Weise hasn't impressed me either and has been a PT player over much of his career. He has been able to turn up the intensity in the PO's however.

But yeah, with Mash on Q's roster he will always play against Blues on the road. I won't be surprised if Weise and Mash both play tonight.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Weise hasn't impressed me either and has been a PT player over much of his career. He has been able to turn up the intensity in the PO's however.

But yeah, with Mash on Q's roster he will always play against Blues on the road. I won't be surprised if Weise and Mash both play tonight.
Mash hasn't really been a liability, but on the flipside Q demands a lot from his players so maybe it's a wake-up call for Weise...or someone else.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Weise looked slow and meh his first games as Hawk ,, Too early to judge but hardly worthy of "OMG what is Q doing"

Also I do find it amusing to see people overlook fact that before these last couple years Weise was basically at Mashinter level as an NHL player

Ranger + Nuck fans used to want him out of lineup same way you guys want Mash out

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Weise looked slow and meh his first games as Hawk ,, Too early to judge but hardly worthy of "OMG what is Q doing"

Also I do find it amusing to see people overlook fact that before these last couple years Weise was basically at Mashinter level as an NHL player

Ranger + Nuck fans used to want him out of lineup same way you guys want Mash out

I thought he looked slow against Boston but better agains Detroit.

No finds it amusing because people are not overlooking something because it is not applicable.

Comparing him to Mashinter? Have you watched a single game of hockey this year? You are bringing up that he was a 4th line rookie 3-4 years ago? GREAT ARGUMENT YOU HAVE THERE BUD. He was been a good 3rd line player for the past 3 years but yet you bring up the past like it has any weight. FYI he is 27. In the past 3 years he has produce while being defensively responsible.

Ranger and Canucks fans we complaining about a rookie and 2nd year player.

Nothing you posted has any weight and and your argument is brutal on this one....go back to Rundblad.

I do appreciate the effort to try and find something that is clearly not negative negative.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Does playing in St. Louis even count as a road game anymore? Each time I've been there (three times) the Hawk fans were a lot louder than the StL fans, and on TV there's clearly more red in the audience than anything else.

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
I hate playing Blues

Also feels like it has been forever since Hawks played

Hopefully a strong night with Kane/Panarin/Crawford shining

Why do you hate playing the Blues?Recent history shows that its probably two points for the hawks tonight. Plus nothing is more satisfying than seeing that loser franchise and their hill-rod fans cry.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I hate the little nonsense they always pull

Going after our skill players and I just despise that organization and its coach

I never cared for Hitch

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Why do you hate playing the Blues?Recent history shows that its probably two points for the hawks tonight. Plus nothing is more satisfying than seeing that loser franchise and their hill-rod fans cry.

Why? Because the Blues typically run around trying to injure opponents. The risk of injury is always higher against the goon squad.

At least Ott is out - I'm not certain but I think Reaves has served his recent suspension and will be playing, if not a bit more timidly after getting dinged in the wallet.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This is a big game. I expect the Hawks to be focused tonight. The fact Hossa will be back highlights the urgency.

The Blues just don't like the Hawks. Years of losing will do that. The fact that most Hawks don't care as much ... exasperates the situation.

Rugbyplayer*

Mar 9, 2016
I've been reading this forum for over a year. This is my first post. A little bit later I will introduce myself. Here's to hoping that the Hawks will mop the floor with Blues. Let's go Hawkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad