GDT: Game 68: Coyotes @ Avalanche | March 7th, 7PM MT/4AM Finnish | Shock the World

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Man, I was and am really skeptical about the trade (not as much as some people over here but a bit) but Boedker looks like a good fit for MacKinnon. They're exciting together.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Boedker missing a pretty much open net was pretty funny tho...

Yeah totally open. There were only what? 3 players in front of him plus a player stick checking him. But of course the net was completely open and the chance to take a shot at Boedker was just too tempting.

Also that is our number 1 goalie right there. He'll be here for a while so sit back and enjoy the ride.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I'm rooting for Grigo big time but I think he will always be a complimentary player and that's ok.

Really? I believe Buffalo absolutely screwed him up and his development and I look at this as his rookie season. He was scratched, demoted and had to earn his ice time and he's worked very hard. His puck skills are great, his IQ and understanding of the game are top notch and he's actually decent defensively. If he can work on his skating and engage more, he can absolutely be a top 6 player and a dangerous at that.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Grossmann was out there over Tinordi, was responsible for two of the goals. So yeah, you're right.

Go Avs.

Boedker missing a pretty much open net was pretty funny tho...

Boedker skating circles around your defence was funnier tho...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Only watched the 3rd period. Someone care to explain why Mitchell played more than MacKinnon and only 7 seconds less than Soderberg? I'm very happy with the win but playing Mitchell playing more than MacKinnon isn't the recipe for winning.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
37 saves for Varly. Good to see him bounce back. Even thought that probably shouldn't be needed against Arizona.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Varly looked much more square to the puck tonight. The goal that was let in was due to a defense fumble not a mistake on Varly's part (like the goals he let in his past few starts). The big glove save was huge and gave him back some confidence. He still needs to work on moving the puck but hopefully he can ride a wave of confidence until the end.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Bigras has a Concussion, per Roy (via Sadowski/BSN).

I hope they don't think it's alright to roll with a rotation of Gelinas/Redmond/Bodnarchuk on the 3rd pairing.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I didn't see. Was it a "I wish I was there" shake of the head look or a "I can't believe they traded me" look lol

I thought it was because he almost got cought offside three times in one shift :laugh:

On another note, varly finishes out the season like this well likely make the post season.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Bigras has a Concussion, per Roy (via Sadowski/BSN).

I hope they don't think it's alright to roll with a rotation of Gelinas/Redmond/Bodnarchuk on the 3rd pairing.

I imagine they'll think about bringing Zadorov back up. It really becomes a question on how severe the injury is. One game they can make it by on, more then that and the chance Zadorov is brought back up got bigger.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Yeah I found the Gelinas-Redmond to be decent after a rocky start. Would still call up Zadorov though if Bigras' injury is significant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad