GDT: GAME 65: JACKETS @ HABS | And the Oscar goes to ... | Tues. March 12, 2024, 7PM ET -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of tonight's bottom feeders will end up with 2 points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
The only realistic change that would make sense is swapping Caufield with Newhook or Roy.
Forget Newhook he's occupied elsewhere and if he wants to see how Roy and Suzuki's minds meld he would opt to see it on a PP first.
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell he moves Slaf who is in 4 wheel drive mode on that left wing.
Realistic? you realize that are trying to lose right, Why do the same over and over and over and over, what do you learn from that? nothing that's what.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Realistic? you realize that are trying to lose right, Why do the same over and over and over and over, what do you learn from that? nothing that's what.
No we are not trying to f***ing lose we never have and never will under MSL.
If and when we get more talent to play around with I'm 100% on board but it isn't happening deal with it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You realize they are tanking right. Best to see how other players perform to evaluate more accurately. Last year was last year,evolve a bit at least,don't be so conservative and simplistic be proactive.

You realize that even if they're tanking, that doesn't stop them from building for next year and moving forward. They actually have something good going and you want to f**k it up. That's not innovative. You're not being proactive. If you want you team to progress at some point, you don't break up something that works.

Last year was last year. Great words of wisdom. I guess this year is this year and next year is next year, right?

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
No we are not trying to f***ing lose we never have and never will under MSL.
If and when we get more talent to play around with I'm 100% on board but it isn't happening deal with it.
What do you call intentional tanking?

I don't think MSL got the memo that they are trying to lose.
Then he must be even dumber than I thought.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One day...we will have real journalists. I mean....30 journalists aren't enough to ask questions about Reinbacher, Nurmi, and all those who have to sign contracts, when and if they are coming etc...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Did you know Patrick Mahomme's dad has not only had three DUI's but played major league baseball? 🤣

He was also on the Expos minor league team. So Brady was drafted by the Expos, Joe Burrows' dad played for the Als, Mahomes dad played in the Expos system.

• Wow
Reactions: Tyson

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
You realize that even if they're tanking, that doesn't stop them from building for next year and moving forward. They actually have something good going and you want to f**k it up. That's not innovative. You're not being proactive. If you want you team to progress at some point, you don't break up something that works.

Last year was last year. Great words of wisdom. I guess this year is this year and next year is next year, right?
Why do you automatically think that change would f*** things up? that's very negative thinking. Experimentation and you might make some discoveries,won't know until you try. There are 15 games or so,nothing ventured,nothing gained.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

Then he must be even dumber than I thought.
The coach and players better play to win or the team is a fraud no-one should be watching.

They are incorporating big time development with the insane icetime they have been giving kids, be happy. Between that and phasing out vets for picks and more prospects, that is “the tank”. Not by playing to lose on the ice for a given game.

Trying random pairings would just be weird. Maybe Roy on the 1st but still… I believe in some meritocracy too and he’s doing great.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why do you automatically think that change would f*** things up? that's very negative thinking. Experimentation and you might make some discoveries,won't know until you try. There are 15 games or so,nothing ventured,nothing gained.

What part of they already tried all kinds of wingers with Suzuki haven't you grasped yet? Your experimentations have been happening for two seasons and you never realized it.

Now, they have something that works. No need to experiment anymore.

You're not thinking like a coach or an organization that is trying to build for the future. Your only intention is to have Suzuki play with worse players to satiate your desire for them to tank. You're thinking of the 2024 draft, but neglect to think about the 2024-25 season and forward.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What part of they already tried all kinds of wingers with Suzuki haven't you grasped yet? You're experimentation has been happening for two seasons and you never realized it.

You're not thinking like a coach or an organization that is trying to build for the future. Your only intention is to have Suzuki play with worse players to satiate your desire for them to tank. You're thinking of the 2024 draft, but neglect to think about the 2024-25 season and forward.
After Celibrini the next 9-10 picks are interchangeable.

Tanking is for losers.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not what we have done.

If you can't see the difference between how we operate and how some of the other teams (with less scrutiny) have operated I don't know what to say.
We sold off the assets we had to to start a rebuild.
Most were never going to age well and would have kept us in that 24th or so range Bergevin left us in perpetually.
Don't be fooled by the Covid cup run we would have been in that same range in our regular conference.

A true tank would never have had us acquiring Kirby Dach and Alex Newhook.
A true tank would never have had us starting our very talented young D but instead opting to play the crap out of veteran slugs like Chris Wideman.
When we finished dead last we were trying to win games 'till the very end we were just that bad and lucky Arizona played fair game.

I'm pissed we didn't totally tank last season but instead we tried to bank every point possible.
This is not what I saw out of a number of teams who ended up below us with arguably more talent.
Losing 14 games in a row to end a season is a tank not what we did.

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What part of they already tried all kinds of wingers with Suzuki haven't you grasped yet? Your experimentations have been happening for two seasons and you never realized it.

Yeah Suzuki possibly scoring 30 goals and hitting 75 points + isn't important either.
It's probably bad for his ego.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah Suzuki possibly scoring 30 goals and hitting 75 points + isn't important either.
It's probably bad for his ego.

While Caufield is on his way to scoring between 65-70 pts and Slaf on his way to 40+ while looking real good playing with those two.

And more to that, they're not being dominated while amassing points. They're being the aggressors most of the time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Suzuki could have a big night, it's game #65 tonight and he's at 61 points so he's allowed to have 3 points (to make sure he keeps the trend of never ever getting to a PPG)
If you recall he was on a PPG pace until Kirby Dach got moved off his line. It was a pretty fair sample size.

Reactions: Runner77

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
IMG_9561.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad