GDT: Game 65: Columbus vs. New Jersey | 3/7 7PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Remember when people on this board wanted to trade Bobrovsky and go with Korpisalo? Good times.

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Or the guy who wanted to trade Rick Nash? (Oops! Sorry Robert.) :sarcasm:

:naughty:

Hmmm. On a tangent, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks "good riddance" every time I see him shoot a shot straight into the goalie's chest for a whistle. Not to diminish the excellent player that Nash is, but just not the player we needed anymore.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Probably the same people that also wanted to trade Wennberg last year and Jenner/Murray this year. People are generally idiots lol.

And there are idiots that mischaracterize the conversation as well. It's real easy for idiots to slobber over someone when he's playing this well right now.

Bob's Jan.

Sergei Bobrovsky 8 4 4 0 2.67 448:36 197 .908 0 20 217 0

Luckily for us his Feb was a little better and he's back on a roll now. The question will be which Bob we'll see in the post season and next season.

I said I would consider moving Bob, but we keep screwing ourselves with no depth so we really couldn't seriously consider it. We were also coming off a horrific season and if there was a time to change directions it was then.

I never discussed trading any of the other three you listed. So overall your post is just garbage.

Good luck Jackets and nice win.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Did Bjorkstrand just say "I didn't work hard in the offseason"? D'oh! That would explain a lot.

Oh well, at least he seems to have learned a lesson. Some never do.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Did Bjorkstrand just say "I didn't work hard in the offseason"? D'oh! That would explain a lot.

Oh well, at least he seems to have learned a lesson. Some never do.

At least he's honest. Honestly, its an easy thing to do since he looked so good in the NHL, and blew up the AHL playoffs. He probably slacked and felt he arrived. Sometimes a slice of humble pie does a player good.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Sergei's Vezina winning (shortened) season: 2.00 GAA. .932 Save percentage. 4 shutouts.
Sergei's season this year: 2.05 GAA. .931 save percentage. 6 shutouts.

Dubnyk has Bob beat in every category statiscally (barely) minus shutouts. Dubnyk has 5.

Comparing stats....

Dubnyk: 35-12-3 ... 2.01 GAA ... .933 sv percentage ... 5 shutouts.
Bob: 35-13-4 .... 2.05 GAA .. .931 sv percentage ... 6 shutouts.

Crazy how identical their stats are. Gonna be a tight race down the stretch.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Watched the entire game but didn't post... weird jinx feeling I get now and then..

That said, first two periods ugly, Bob stole this one for three shutouts in a row, no regulation goals in four..... Cam gets 30.... team 90 points.

I was thinking about 2004-Tampa, 2006-Carolina.... 2016-???

Going to home and home CBJ/Buff... excited..

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
So glad to see Cam get 30. Wouldn't be surprised if he got 10 more down the stretch

Good win. Bob with the right saves at the right time.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Sergei's Vezina winning (shortened) season: 2.00 GAA. .932 Save percentage. 4 shutouts.
Sergei's season this year: 2.05 GAA. .931 save percentage. 6 shutouts.

Dubnyk has Bob beat in every category statiscally (barely) minus shutouts. Dubnyk has 5.

Comparing stats....

Crazy how identical their stats are. Gonna be a tight race down the stretch.

Tight....but right now I think the leader is Holtby.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Well you could have just said "yeah it was a dumb idea, whoops" and be done with it. I've had plenty of those.

Thinking more recently - some morons on this board wanted to expose Cam Atkinson to Las Vegas.. I don't think it was Blah Blah Blah... I'm thinking Hartzy needs to waive so that Atkinson is protected ( not easy for me to say)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Thinking more recently - some morons on this board wanted to expose Cam Atkinson to Las Vegas.. I don't think it was Blah Blah Blah... I'm thinking Hartzy needs to waive so that Atkinson is protected ( not easy for me to say)

That's a good example. I definitely underrated Atkinson there.

BTW, never wanted Atkinson gone, was just using him as a benchmark for Anderson, who I thought (mistakenly) would be a better value than Cam as an RFA. Nonetheless I'd like to have that one back.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Got nothing against NJ. I think we all know how it feels when your team is sinking it up.
Agree. Noesen,DSP, Lappin,Coleman their bottom lines folks. Hmmm...
I had same feels in last year when our bottom lines included Campbell, Bourque,Boll,Clarkson...
About this game. Third shutout in a row, it's very impressive.
30 goals impressive also. When in the 11/12 season i put Atkinson foto at my skype avatar, he's only beggining his NHL career, now ASG/one of the best right wingers NHL and become better and better with every year.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Comparing stats....

Can you cut the trophy in half?

Better yet......just make the tie breaker who was better in head-to-head matchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad