GDT: Game 63: Flames @ Avs | Wednesday, February 28th, 7:30pm MT | The Next Episode

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Minnesota just isn't slowing down. They're only 4 points behind Winnipeg, hell only 8 behind Nashville for the division lead. They're 18-5-4 in their last 27 games. The wild card race is basically going to come down to Los Angeles, Dallas, Anaheim, Calgary, and us since I believe St. Louis is about to completely fall off the face of the earth. 3 of those 5 teams will get playoff spots.

I dunno. Minny has a big lead but I dont think they're in the clear yet. They've actually won 4 straight on the road now to make that record almost .500 again but they were us levels of bad on the road before that.

We'll see how they do down the stretch now. They have a lot of tough, tough games coming up because of the way the schedule is set up.

They play B2B games 5 different times in the final 19 games of the season for them. 10/19 games in other words are part of a B2B and 6/10 of those games are road games. Not to mention we play them twice more as well.

I dont think they're in the clear at all yet, especially from us. If we managed to sweep them in the 2 games remaining against them for example, we could be right on top of them, and we get them on the 2nd night of a B2B here coming up this week as well.

St. Louis though... Yeah I think they're about to fall off a cliff as well. Trading Stastny did a number on that dressing room, you could tell by the Schenn quote and then seeing them come out and lay the bomb of a game they did against the Wild as well. I think they're done.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We are no longer chasing the Wild, IMO, any more than we're chasing Winnipeg. They're too far ahead and barring some kind of catastrophic injury troubles they're in that last divisional spot for sure.

I really think we're now going to have to beat out one of the Pacific teams for that last WC spot. Anaheim, Calgary, and LA are the teams we really need to root against. One of them will get the last divisional spot, the other two we need to beat out.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
LA isn’t very good and Calgary is very passable if we can get this win. Anaheim is my bet to snag the final spot in the pacific so they’re not really a problem for us as long as we can beat out those other two.

...though I am a little scared of what the hockey gods will do if we continue to deny them the chance to make up for last season...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
LA isn’t very good and Calgary is very passable if we can get this win. Anaheim is my bet to snag the final spot in the pacific so they’re not really a problem for us as long as we can beat out those other two.

...though I am a little scared of what the hockey gods will do if we continue to deny them the chance to make up for last season...
The Kings have looked very good these last two games against Vegas.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Kings have looked very good these last two games against Vegas.

Have they? I’ve been driving from Chicago to San Jose the last few days, but they looked pretty dead a week or two ago.

If they get going that would not be great for our chances. Cause then getting hot scares me more than the Flames getting hot

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Have they? I’ve been driving from Chicago to San Jose the last few days, but they looked pretty dead a week or two ago.

If they get going that would not be great for our chances. Cause then getting hot scares me more than the Flames getting hot
Downright dominated them on Monday, then beat them again handily yesterday.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Chris Stewart is getting how many goals tonight? 2? 17?

imgres1.jpeg

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
We are no longer chasing the Wild, IMO, any more than we're chasing Winnipeg. They're too far ahead and barring some kind of catastrophic injury troubles they're in that last divisional spot for sure.

I really think we're now going to have to beat out one of the Pacific teams for that last WC spot. Anaheim, Calgary, and LA are the teams we really need to root against. One of them will get the last divisional spot, the other two we need to beat out.
I still think Dallas is catch-able. 5 points behind with a game in hand. Out of Dallas' 19 games remaining, 11 are on the road and 14 are against current playoff teams. Out of our 20 games remaining we have 11 at home, 12 against current playoff teams. So if the Avs can continue their home point percentage it's possible. Plus they really really need to stop losing to non-playoff teams.

But more realistically we need to beat out three of Calgary, LA, Anaheim, St. Louis

Reactions: hooverdam

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Have the Flames ever been an easy opponent? Like...EVER? Even when they really ran aground and the Avs were in their prime, I don't recall a single easy game against them. I remember practically screaming at the TV screen as Clarke effing Wilm would have his way with them on the ice. Ugh...

Anyway, I'm just hoping for a minimum of dumb mistakes and a close score.

Reactions: agentblack

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Have the Flames ever been an easy opponent? Like...EVER? Even when they really ran aground and the Avs were in their prime, I don't recall a single easy game against them. I remember practically screaming at the TV screen as Clarke effing Wilm would have his way with them on the ice. Ugh...

Anyway, I'm just hoping for a minimum of dumb mistakes and a close score.
True. The Flames have never been an easy out....except that one time when Foppa came back and lit them up for 5 points against Grant Fuhr haha

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Also, love the song choice in the GDT - props.

Second, can we please have Alt over Warsofsky? Fresh shiny shit is better than old crumbly shit

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If you lose to a team dressing Tanner Glass, you don't deserve to make the playoffs. It's that simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad