Post-Game Talk: Game #62: Wild def. Canucks - 2-1 (SO) (Kesler)

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
There are a lot of people around here not willing to admit that they're eating crow after others had the audacity to spot the deficiencies with this team a long time ago. Hell, at the beginning of the season fans were talking about this team like they were still a contender and didn't even think they needed to acquire scorers because, based on some stupid advanced statistics, Hansen is technically a top 6 forward.

lol You really need to get over yourself. You seem to have forgotten all the time you complained during the 2011 season. The disregard many have for your thoughts (even though they're correct) stem more from your long history of being a dark cloud than any lack of a sensibly constructed argument.

That should be more than obvious.

I've noticed that people who insist and talking about how smart they are tend to completely ignore all the times they're wrong.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
I'm just waiting for people to realize Garrison is terrible.

Kesler trade imminent (check)
Burrows is terrible (check)
Garrison can't pass (soon..)

We need to go forward with Hamhuis Bieksa, Edler Tanev.

I said that last year and i got flamed.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
The team is back to where they were in 2013. Limiting scoring chances against, carrying a lot of the play, but lacking the skill to score enough goals to win games.

Really liking the season Kassian has put together after a slow start coming off suspension. At this point, I would be surprised if he doesn't develop into a quality top 6 forward.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
lol You really need to get over yourself. You seem to have forgotten all the time you complained during the 2011 season. The disregard many have for your thoughts (even though they're correct) stem more from your long history of being a dark cloud than any lack of a sensibly constructed argument.

That should be more than obvious.

I've noticed that people who insist and talking about how smart they are tend to completely ignore all the times they're wrong.

Whatever. I don't really care about any disregard for my thoughts. This current Vancouver Canucks squad now speaks for itself. :)

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
You're right, you didn't say anything about "real fans". I apologize. That said, the kind of attitude I describe exists around here.

Yes, indeed it does. What to do. Fact is, lot's of folks shared your opinion on the state of the team and a lot of others disagreed. This has been a very divisive season and frankly I find it incredibly difficult to get a read on it.

Are all the top players actually done in the NHL? Cause, offensively it sure looks that way. lol.

Anyhow, no hard feelings intended by my comments. I just hope that cloud you're dragging around blows on by. :)

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
That might be because he was terrific last year.

He was good, not terrific. His short comings weren't as obvious back then as they are now (when the whole team is slumping)... but it remains that his ability to pass the puck or handle the puck is awful.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Yes, indeed it does. What to do. Fact is, lot's of folks shared your opinion on the state of the team and a lot of others disagreed. This has been a very divisive season and frankly I find it incredibly difficult to get a read on it.

Are all the top players actually done in the NHL? Cause, offensively it sure looks that way. lol.

Anyhow, no hard feelings intended by my comments. I just hope that cloud you're dragging around blows on by. :)

No hard feelings at all. I respect differences in opinion. There's no dark cloud around me, I just don't resemble your typical sports fan, who is always positive and hopeful. Nothing at all wrong with that, it's just not me. I'm too much of a realist, for lack of a better term.

Wetcoaster

so possible that Garrsion is playing some kind of injury or what.....it will be nice to regain his old form
Garrison has had ongoing groin/abdominal issues. At the beginning of the season last year when he could not hit the net and his shooting was not smooth he had groin issues. It improved mid-season and he looked good. This year it looks like a recurrence.

He is unable to load up and follow through properly - the result is his accuracy tales a hit and you see a lot of shots going high as he pulls up.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Garrison has had ongoing groin/abdominal issues. At the beginning of the season last year when he could not hit the net and his shooting was not smooth he had groin issues. It improved mid-season and he looked good. This year it looks like a recurrence.

He is unable to load up and follow through properly - the result is his accuracy tales a hit and you see a lot of shots going high as he pulls up.

I recall one of the media guys saying earlier this season that someone was playing through a long-term injury that would require surgery in the off-season. Maybe it's Garrison? :dunno:

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I recall one of the media guys saying earlier this season that someone was playing through a long-term injury that would require surgery in the off-season. Maybe it's Garrison? :dunno:

it possible given what wetcoaster describe......but I guessing that is something that cannot be heal in a few days.

Wetcoaster

I think Garrison's entire game is off, not just his shot. He's usually pretty solid defensively but not so much this year.
If he is having groin or abdominal issues that would not be a surprise as it affects skating and you compensate which changes your centre of gravity and your core body strength suffers.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
If he is having groin or abdominal issues that would not be a surprise as it affects skating and you compensate which changes your centre of gravity and your core body strength suffers.

I guess this will need some long rest in order for it to heal?

also I know most people no longer see us making the playoff but I think there still some teams that we can beat to get points.......I don't think MG will be trading Kesler as we still in a playoff spot and make no sense

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad