GDT: Game 62 • Wild @ Avs • 9:00 PM Central, 5:00 AM Suomi • FSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
For just a minute there it almost looked like Coyle was going to pull a Crosby and start rag-dolling McLeod rather than stand up and fight him.

But the Av is probably too big and Coyle isn't quite as strong as he could be. Hopefully next year.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
By rule, Landeskog gets a hearing for that punch

The real ****** thing here is that the events that took place tonight don't follow logic like "rules." If we're going by rules:

- COL goal is disallowed
- McDerp gets his auto-suspension & Roy gets fined
- Several penalties are called early and the game likely doesn't get so out-of-hand.

I'm hoping to be wrong and wake up tomorrow to hear that there was some response from the NHL for the nonsense that took place, but I'm not holding my breath.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Wonder if Coyle is okay. He got rocked pretty good with McFilthy's first punch. Didn't see him on the ice after the game giving DD congrats. Hope he didn't get concussed by the red headed goon.

He couldn't be on the ice because he was sent to the dressing room because of the fight. Did look like there was potential for him to be hurt but given Russo had comments from him immediately after the game its a pretty safe bet he isn't.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
For just a minute there it almost looked like Coyle was going to pull a Crosby and start rag-dolling McLeod rather than stand up and fight him.

But the Av is probably too big and Coyle isn't quite as strong as he could be. Hopefully next year.

When he grabbed him I thought he was gonna try to body slam him. I would have forever laughed if he suplexed him "Bah gawd he's broken in half!"

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
i wished someone woulda done the kessel on john scott baseball swing to mcleod, don't even dignify that putz by dropping the gloves

2526317-3651948011-swing.jpg

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Naw... I think Roy will get a talking to. It's never the "next game" that this stuff flares up... it's always one down the line when this is an afterthought.

Most likely early next season now.

No he won't. You know he won't. That team is beer league right now. But the nhl loves having it too.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
No he won't. You know he won't. That team is beer league right now. But the nhl loves having it too.
Again... historically in the NHL this stuff never boils over at the next game, it's a game months later.

It's because of the Bertuzzi incident where everyone's afraid of getting caught up in it now.

Next game against them is the one we can LEAST worry about goonery IMO.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't trust the league to do anything. Look up instigating in the dictionary, that play is right there. It's NO different than the incident with John Scott. How the league can ignore that......they are just setting up this final game to be a blood bath. It's in their hands. Reminds me of game 4 against the Ducks in 2007 when the refs lost complete control because they didn't call the stuff that mattered.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
The only thing that worries me about these clowns is the fact that the Wild play them again pretty soon.

It would not surprise me at all to see Roy goon it up similar to the end of the game tonight but for the entire game next week.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I remember a couple years ago in the playoffs between the Penguins and Flyers when the Flyers fans started chanting "You Cant Beat us" we should do that Sunday at The X LOL

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Feels good to piss of that team so much they try to cheapshot us, to have SUPER audible "lets go wild" and "Duuuuuuube" chants in their own building. Just wish we had Cooke so he could be the lightning rod for some of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad