Reimer

Inactive
Ranger, Smith

Injured
Bolland, Orr​

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This one is pretty big. A win would be nice, but I think it's important we play well to get the teams confidence up as a group. They haven't played well out of the break.

Last edited:

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Despite being 7 points ahead, the Leafs aren't very good: a low ROW, bad goal differential, bad corsi team with 8 loser points and 9 shootout wins. Again... if the Jackets are serious, they need to win exactly this type of game. We'd then be 5 points behind them with 2 games in hand.

Unfortuantely, we're the exact type of team Toronto steals points against. The Jackets will probably outshoot and outchance them by a margin, but give up too many odd-man rushes or make too many D-zone gaffes against their high-end skill players before losing in the S/O.

bluesfan21

Mar 3, 2014
I think the Jackets will get it done. They'll clean up their defense, get a few goals, suffer a late toronto rally, but ultimately win 4-3.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not really much in the way of soft-serves coming up.

If we continue to give up 3 goals a game, we miss the playoffs. That would be impressive with a top 10 offense.

It's to the point now where we have to win the games in hand. We lose the tie-breakers to the Rangers and Flyers at this point. The games in hand don't make up for owning the tie-breakers with Toronto and Detroit.

Let's see what we are made of. We have to see more. What we've seen to this point isn't enough.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
We are a better team than TOR. Anything less than 2 points will be disappointing.

5-2 CBJ.

Atkinson 3 point night.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Need Bob to play a great game - the top two lines for the Leafs have some serious firepower. When was the last time Bob stole one for the Jackets?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I just love the we're better than all of the teams above us in the standings. No we aren't. Now let's hope the good Jackets show up tonight instead of the other ones.

I think we have an edge in goal, they have, as someone mentioned, lots of firepower on the top 2 lines. Don't expect another rout.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I just love the we're better than all of the teams above us in the standings. No we aren't. Now let's hope the good Jackets show up tonight instead of the other ones.

I think we have an edge in goal, they have, as someone mentioned, lots of firepower on the top 2 lines. Don't expect another rout.

Obviously its only my opinion, but I can say without reservation that I believe we are better than Toronto, Philly, Detroit, and Washington (in addition to NJ and OTT). The Rangers, not so much, pretty even matchup imo.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Obviously its only my opinion, but I can say without reservation that I believe we are better than Toronto, Philly, Detroit, and Washington (in addition to NJ and OTT). The Rangers, not so much, pretty even matchup imo.

Already gone down this road with him, don't bother. He cares only about the number of points the team has. In the regular season, yes that matters obviously. But in a best of 7 series we would encounter in the playoffs, I would agree with most of those. Will reserve judgment on Detroit until we see them a couple more times this month. NJ and OTT I would have to put into the even matchup category.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I think we match well vs Toronto. JMFJ and Wiz will probably gift them a goal or two, but we'll get two or three freebies from Dion and Gardiner.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Someone doesn't want me to watch these games. First I fall asleep through the Jersey game. Then I have to work through the Florida game. Now my car battery is dead and I'm stuck dealing with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad