ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
dang what a great game to miss

Incredible effort by the bottom 6

Solid game by Tarasov

A bit disappointing Fantilli line did not have any production but it looks like they had their chances

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A bit disappointing Fantilli line did not have any production but it looks like they had their chances

They were our worst line but if the top line keeps looking good, which it did tonight, then I think we can afford to give the second line time figure things out together.

Fantilli could use some video of Chinakhov and Marchenko working together, and how they follow each other and look for each other. He needs to do an impression. I really think Fantilli has all the basic tools to be a complete player but he's used to being a one man attack, he still has to learn how to attack in a group.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
They were our worst line but if the top line keeps looking good, which it did tonight, then I think we can afford to give the second line time figure things out together.

Fantilli could use some video of Chinakhov and Marchenko working together, and how they follow each other and look for each other. He needs to do an impression. I really think Fantilli has all the basic tools to be a complete player but he's used to being a one man attack, he still has to learn how to attack in a group.
Hopefully it clicks faster than the 4 years it took MacKinnon. MacK was good but when it all clicked... oh boy. Could be similar for Fantilli. Fantilli just looks like a kid trying to do too much right now

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Hopefully it clicks faster than the 4 years it took MacKinnon. MacK was good but when it all clicked... oh boy. Could be similar for Fantilli. Fantilli just looks like a kid trying to do too much right now
I agree. He tries to win like he would at Michigan. You're not just going to walk through NHLers. He's a 20 year old making 20 year old mistakes. To be expected. He'll gel with someone soon.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know Dean's trying to win games. You can't tell coaches and players that, because of the unique circumstances, we are looking at a growth year where we don't compete and that's OK.

But... Johnny was killed, Laine was traded (a net positive in my book but no forward came in return), three regular forwards are injured and we're skating at least two guys that under other circumstances we wouldn't have signed.

There are going to be lines that don't work. There are going to be deficiencies. I don't think there are a whole lot of solutions game-to-game. If the guys are working hard and doing what coaches are asking of them, I'm good with it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad