GDT: Game 6: Sharks vs. Avs 5:00pm NBCSBA

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
People don’t see Muhk as a savior, they see Muhk as a defenseman who can move the puck which is better than almost all of our other defensemen…
While he has the potential to be that one day, there is zero reason to believe he will be a positive as a puck mover right now in the 2024-25 season, he's 22 years old with 3 games of NHL experience, it's much more likely that he looks raw and out of place this year than that he's our second best puck mover behind Walman

It's all relative
I reiterate

This is one of the funniest videos on the internet

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think the system has potential. There have been so many misfire on offensive sequences that could've led to great chances and probably lead to some sustained chances with the way they were winning board battles and puck retrievals.

Also loving the way Eklund is leveling up his game. Feel like he's gonna reach his potential.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
While he has the potential to be that one day, there is zero reason to believe he will be a positive as a puck mover right now in the 2024-25 season, he's 22 years old with 3 games of NHL experience, it's much more likely that he looks raw and out of place this year than that he's our second best puck mover behind Walman
This is almost certainly going to be true, but I'd rather give reps to the guy who might have a future than the motley bunch of pointless trash who will soon be off to Europe or the AHL we have now.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
This is almost certainly going to be true, but I'd rather give reps to the guy who might have a future than the motley bunch of pointless trash who will soon be off to Europe or the AHL we have now.
It's hard to compare them because Thrun never played in the AHL, but if I had to place a bet, I'd say Mukh has the higher likelihood of having a long NHL career. And since both guys can easily be shuttled to the AHL, it doesn't hurt to bring Mukh up and see if he's an improvement.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
how did Thompson look?
Less incompetent than Benning has looked this year, but it's more a case of not doing anything egregiously awful than that he stood out in a positive way.

Ceci pissed me off tonight with how he allowed the forward to walk right into the shot for the first goal of the game. Didn't get his stick down, didn't skate to take the body, didn't do anything.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Smith played almost 15 minutes tonight, swear he only had the puck on his stick for like 10 total seconds
That line did not have the right vibes, sadly. Seems to be a thing with Warsofsky, though it's obviously tough putting these lines together with no Celly.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I think the system has potential. There have been so many misfire on offensive sequences that could've led to great chances and probably lead to some sustained chances with the way they were winning board battles and puck retrievals.

Also loving the way Eklund is leveling up his game. Feel like he's gonna reach his potential.
I also think there have been much better options on the breakout from the zone, but we have some terrible D. Multiple occasions we get to watch Ferraro, Ceci and Rutta try to make a pass to a forward that's got multiple player on top of them when there is an open forward with space.

Overall, the systems look better. But Warsofsky's real struggle at the moment is letting go of the Quinn-esque "trust the vets" despite the vets having a track record of being poor.

Reactions: Star Platinum

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
I'm glad Eklund finally scored and we also lost. Looking forward to Eklund showing some growth this year. If we keep the subpar performance the rest of the season, welcome to San Jose Hagens/Martone! Having Hagens or Martone here next year will turn this franchise into a juggernaut for the next decade.

Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I agree with this entirely as I think this season should be expressly about the future, I just heed caution to the posters acting like his addition is going to improve the current team's performance, it almost certainly will not

Reactions: Star Platinum

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I'm glad Eklund finally scored and we also lost. Looking forward to Eklund showing some growth this year. If we keep the subpar performance the rest of the season, welcome to San Jose Hagens/Martone! Having Hagens or Martone here next year will turn this franchise into a juggernaut for the next decade.
Not going to be a juggernaut with the D group, even if the prospects we have develop to their ceilings.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021

He’s looking like he is going to be the steal of that draft

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Not going to be a juggernaut with the D group, even if the prospects we have develop to their ceilings.
If the forward group improves, it'll be more attractive for more competent defensemen to want to sign here. Elite level defensemen will probably need to be drafted and developed ourselves. Hopefully one day Dickinson will be at or near that level.

We're gonna need some better defensemen to bridge the team between now and when guys like Dickinson and Cagnoni are fully marinated.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Yeah, Eklund looks faster, stronger and just more dangerous generally than last year. It's really fun to watch his growth, I think he's going to be awesome.

I think maybe it's time to try Smith on the wing with like Wennberg or even Granlund and then when Celebrini is back, you can try center again. I agree with whoever said it -- it feels like Smith barely gets any puck touches all game and it's very hard to get confident when you barely ever get the puck.

Finally, still think the Warsofsky talk is silly. This team with basically all bottom pairing defensemen and possibly 2 middle pairing guys + our 1C missing + multiple young guys... it's not a good team. But also, they've been way more watchable than last year's Sharks. I genuinely think if they win a couple of games they'll start playing significantly better and string together some wins, but right now all the above + the trauma of last year getting into their heads, it's a tough thing to break out of. Don't particularly blame Warsofsky.

Boy, I wish Celebrini was back though, he changes the entire energy of this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad