GDT: GAME 6 | Senators sail into the Lake of Salt | Tue Oct 22 2024, 9:15PM | TSN5, RDSI

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
I’m here bud.

Very impressive W
man-bow-down-nrmujk4tra1tk6hx.gif

Leafs turn brown in fall. Maple Shits.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
When you’ve got Stutzle, Tkachuk, and Sanderson on the ice 4/4 please keep passes to Hamonic to a minimum.

Hamonic and his moustache played 22 minutes tonight. Shutout, road win, top pairing all while looking like Ethan Hawkes drummer

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They will get to the playoffs this year if they can have Ullmark in net.

Great forward core, and first time in nearly a decade they’ve had a competent, complete D core.

Think they will need to pick up a bottom pair guy throughout the season to take Hamonic/JBD out, but other than that, this is looking like a very solid 5-8 playoff team.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
They will get to the playoffs this year if they can have Ullmark in net.

Great forward core, and first time in nearly a decade they’ve had a competent, complete D core.

Think they will need to pick up a bottom pair guy throughout the season to take Hamonic/JBD out, but other than that, this is looking like a very solid 5-8 playoff team.
Still on the trade for Dante Fabbro train.

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen/Fabbro
Kleven-Jensen/Fabbro

Reactions: bicboi64

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
With Giroux-Norris-Batherson buzzing right now, who else do you put with Brady and Stu?
I might try Grieg, DP or even Gregor with Tkachuk and Stutzle.

Amadio is not hurting them defensively, but he doesn't bring much offense. Maybe it'll come. I just think it's a shame to waste the top line's talents by not having a 3rd guy who can complement them.

For us to compete with the big boys, we need a formidable top line. Maybe Green's strategy is to have a defensive top line that doesn't get scored on and let them do their damage on the power play.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen/Fabbro
Kleven-Jensen/Fabbro
Not sure Sens want to be adding a 2.5 million dollar 6/7 with their very limited cap space.

They went through that laast year with Brannstrom at 2 mill, 2.5 mill is too much for a 15/16 minute a night guy.

JBD and Hamoic may not be as good as him, but they are certainly not far off, and both cost 1.5 million less.

There was no market for Brann, I don't think there would be a market for Fabbro, and if there was, we'd likely be taking back value with his contract

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen/Fabbro
Kleven-Jensen/Fabbro
I still think there's lots of room for growth in JBD.

JBD turned 24 this off season. Consider that:

DeMelo was 25 when he joined the sens, and was a 3rd pair guy that wasn't qualified prior to that.
Zub was 25 before playing his first NHL game.
Jensen was 26 before playing his first NHL game

All three guys are similar archetypes to JBD, average size, average skaters, not overly physical or great puck handler, just smart defensive players that make the right choices at the right times. None of these guys made it earlier because their games weren't based on physical abilities, they couldn't dangle their way to points or dominate the opposition physically, they had to play a smart game based on positioning and the experience to know what play to make.

JBD isn't there yet, but as a 3rd pair guy, I think he strikes a good balance of good value for money, and upside to become something more. if he's you're 6th Dman, I think that's more than alright.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Not sure Sens want to be adding a 2.5 million dollar 6/7 with their very limited cap space.

They went through that laast year with Brannstrom at 2 mill, 2.5 mill is too much for a 15/16 minute a night guy.

JBD and Hamoic may not be as good as him, but they are certainly not far off, and both cost 1.5 million less.

There was no market for Brann, I don't think there would be a market for Fabbro, and if there was, we'd likely be taking back value with his contract
We will accrue a lot more than that at the deadline if we don't go into LTIR this year (Heck even if we do, we can always just Mark Stone someone like Norris if we happen to make the playoffs).

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I still think there's lots of room for growth in JBD.

JBD turned 24 this off season. Consider that:

DeMelo was 25 when he joined the sens, and was a 3rd pair guy that wasn't qualified prior to that.
Zub was 25 before playing his first NHL game.
Jensen was 26 before playing his first NHL game

All three guys are similar archetypes to JBD, average size, average skaters, not overly physical or great puck handler, just smart defensive players that make the right choices at the right times. None of these guys made it earlier because their games weren't based on physical abilities, they couldn't dangle their way to points or dominate the opposition physically, they had to play a smart game based on positioning and the experience to know what play to make.

JBD isn't there yet, but as a 3rd pair guy, I think he strikes a good balance of good value for money, and upside to become something more. if he's you're 6th Dman, I think that's more than alright.
That's a fair statement. Trust me ideally I'd like to get rid of Hamonic.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Quite impressive that they checked 2 of my boxes

1. win 2 in a row
2. play with the lead and keep it

Now, I would like for them to stay go stay above .500 and string a couple of good wins, especially playing with the lead.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We will accrue a lot more than that at the deadline if we don't go into LTIR this year (Heck even if we do, we can always just Mark Stone someone like Norris if we happen to make the playoffs).
I’m not sure what your fascination is with Fabbro. I don’t think that’s much of an upgrade on JBD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad