GDT: Game 6: Red Wings at isles 7:45 pm et 10/22/24

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
How does this team continuously get badly outshot despite preaching defense during the offseason and ditching forwards/defensemen who aren't good defensively?

It's almost as if Lalonde is a bad coach or something.
Defense does not necessarily equal shot suppression.

And who did we ditch who was bad at defense? Sprong, sure. But we also lost Perron. Meanwhile, brought on Tarasenko. Still have Raymond, Kane, DeBrincat, and Berggren’s playing more. Our top-9 wingers are, collectively, easy to play against.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Seider having an awful game. He did get tripped after with no call but god damn take the low risk play when you're in a tough spot like that

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
why is it that I watch other games around the NHL and there are like 12 power plays per game, then I watch the Wings games and nothing gets called?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
You can play that period 100 times and this is probably the only 1 that ends with us up 1-0. I don't understand how their players are constantly wide open while ours instantly have no space every time. We're not a great team by any means but there's no way all of our players suck

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You can play that period 100 times and this is probably the only 1 that ends with us up 1-0. I don't understand how their players are constantly wide open while ours instantly have no space every time. We're not a great team by any means but there's no way all of our players suck
Systems can hide a lot of warts. We haven't had a coherent system in a long time.

Reactions: LarKing

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I notice the same. Is it the “system” or simply player skill?

Reactions: LarKing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad